The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

Is he seriously trying to argue that it would have been a more professional look for the league to simply not play games which could change the title winner and declare the season over without them being played for reasons? Desperate.

Obviously the league should ensure the top teams from the previous season play all the diddy teams in the first half of the season so they don't have an affect on the title race.

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Obviously the league should ensure the top teams from the previous season play all the diddy teams in the first half of the season so they don't have an affect on the title race.

That's not the worst idea in the world 😆 - imagine the title/relegation run-ins if the fixtures were seeded based on the last season's standings. 

A look at what you could have won if you didn’t leave your top scorer on the bench and have a man who pretty much threw away the league in the second half of the season 

On 14/04/2024 at 13:17, citydiehard said:

Something not right.

Hospitality was a bit of a disappointment yesterday,the feel good factor from last year has gone.

Thought this new board was meant to be the start of something new,not looking likely now,heard quite a few players will be gone at the end of the season if and when we don’t get promoted also a lot of the players not happy since Price came in.The board made the appointment so should come out and admit they made the wrong appointment the man is a muppet his style of football has no identity his tactics are shite.

Some of the players aren’t really bothered about the club which stems from the top,last week up at the Broch a few laughing with one another after a shambles of a game.Crowds have dwindle this season instead of increasing because Price has made this team shite.

Cant see us getting back into the SPFL with Price in charge,if we fail he should be sacked.

Well,well,well Mr Crighton.

If you had a problem with the hospitality maybe you should have complained at the time instead of hiding behind your keyboard.

Now you've been ousted, I'm sure we shall see you at the Glebe next season 😉 

On 26/04/2024 at 10:32, Hedgecutter said:

That Record article is an absolute cringe of a read.

I think he sort of has a point, the two Buckie games against Strathspey were not "football" games in the sense of a team looking to win a match, the way the fixture list ran out meant that Buckie basically knew they just had to run the score up; they weren't the sort of games where you could hang on to a 1-0, the risk was different.  It's obviously not everything and sometimes the luck of the draw works in your favour, and you get the occasional instance like when Weymouth had their entire team walk out midway through a season so they had the youth team getting dismantled for a few months.  So I don't blame him for letting off steam, especially when it was all pointless from a pyramid perspective.

I find it odd though that a) you need a posh liceence for matches with crowds of a few hundred and b) the play-off place doesn't go to the next team down.

1 hour ago, bluearmyfaction said:

I think he sort of has a point, the two Buckie games against Strathspey were not "football" games in the sense of a team looking to win a match, the way the fixture list ran out meant that Buckie basically knew they just had to run the score up; they weren't the sort of games where you could hang on to a 1-0, the risk was different.  It's obviously not everything and sometimes the luck of the draw works in your favour, and you get the occasional instance like when Weymouth had their entire team walk out midway through a season so they had the youth team getting dismantled for a few months.  So I don't blame him for letting off steam, especially when it was all pointless from a pyramid perspective.

I find it odd though that a) you need a posh liceence for matches with crowds of a few hundred and b) the play-off place doesn't go to the next team down.

It clearly states HL champions.

Has anyone heard on the Brechin end of things of this rumour that you want to swap price with McKinnon?

Seems unlikely and probably something that's been said as a joke but we've already heard whispers that McKinnon is leaving us so maybe something in it somehow?

Edited by ScottishLoon

24 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Has anyone heard on the Brechin end of things heard of this rumour that you want to swap price with McKinnon?

Seems unlikely and probably something that's been said as a joke but we've already heard whispers that McKinnon is leaving us so maybe something in it somehow?

His old assistant is our commercial director now 👀

11 minutes ago, Edzellcityfan said:

His old assistant is our commercial director now 👀

Just clocked that, also appears Ray played with your vice chairman at Dundee united and Montrose then was on rays coaching staff for years too so this is seeming incredibly possible all of a sudden 

Edited by ScottishLoon

45 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Has anyone heard on the Brechin end of things of this rumour that you want to swap price with McKinnon?

Oh I hope this is true would love to have Ray back at the club 

14 minutes ago, ScottishLoon said:

Just clocked that, also appears Ray played with your vice chairman at Dundee united and Montrose then was on rays coaching staff for years too so this is seeming incredibly possible all of a sudden 

Grant was also Ray's assistant when he was last with us 

2 hours ago, bluearmyfaction said:

The crowds are pretty immaterial bronze license sets standards in a number of areas of a club’s operation not just its ground 

50 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

The crowds are pretty immaterial bronze license sets standards in a number of areas of a club’s operation not just its ground 

Yeah exactly just look at Airdrie having a 10,000 all seater stadium and they don't even have bronze license which in itself is crazy considering how they could end up in the premiership next season.

Edited by ScottishLoon

6 hours ago, bluearmyfaction said:

I think he sort of has a point, the two Buckie games against Strathspey were not "football" games in the sense of a team looking to win a match, the way the fixture list ran out meant that Buckie basically knew they just had to run the score up; they weren't the sort of games where you could hang on to a 1-0, the risk was different.  

Aye because if only the game had been played earlier this season then Strathspey would have surely used their famous catenaccio approach to great effect instead.

IMG_20240428_010307.thumb.jpg.6d351f2c23f373288ff313f5d2e6b189.jpg

B4B69545-A189-453C-97FC-1DCCF933CE23.png.7604d4bf06687ba0612974bc06b69402.png

Edited by vikingTON