The Brechin City Thread

Hedgecutter

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Sounds like a few of the supporters (formerly) booked on the buses to 'Brora' suspect the writing's on the wall.

I'll be heading up through East Sutherland late Saturday afternoon, but unable to fit Golspie into my plans. 😬

#ThePriceEffect

It’s not that. The youths are putting on a bus and I think some of those previously booked on supporters club buses have changed to go on the Youths bus. 

On 18/04/2024 at 15:37, Kev8122 said:

If the inevitable happens on Saturday then I hope Price falls on his sword after the game. He will have failed and a complete re-set will have to take place next season.

I quite agree with that. 

On 18/04/2024 at 15:37, Kev8122 said:

If the inevitable happens on Saturday then I hope Price falls on his sword after the game. He will have failed and a complete re-set will have to take place next season.

Agree with that. Thing that worries me is finances are already bad enough are things going to be even worse with another season in the Highland league and we struggle to put a team capable of fighting for the league again next season 

35 minutes ago, Rossco8326 said:

Agree with that. Thing that worries me is finances are already bad enough are things going to be even worse with another season in the Highland league and we struggle to put a team capable of fighting for the league again next season 

We certainly won't be able to maintain the current wage bill therefore I think that some of the experienced guys will have to go. We keep signing young players and then letting them go out on loan without giving them a proper run.

In my opinion we should have kept Chris Mudie and Spencer Moreland ( still a signed player).The loan players Strachan , Wright and Richardson have not lived up to expectations either. I just hope Sparky signs a new deal and I would also keep Cruicky. He gives his heart and soul for the club but has hardly played any minutes this season.

33 minutes ago, Kev8122 said:

We certainly won't be able to maintain the current wage bill therefore I think that some of the experienced guys will have to go. We keep signing young players and then letting them go out on loan without giving them a proper run.

In my opinion we should have kept Chris Mudie and Spencer Moreland ( still a signed player).The loan players Strachan , Wright and Richardson have not lived up to expectations either. I just hope Sparky signs a new deal and I would also keep Cruicky. He gives his heart and soul for the club but has hardly played any minutes this season.

Completely agree and would add that we should have kept Ewan Murray. His signings, if anything, have made the team worse rather than better, there really wasn’t much wrong at all and for some reason he pretty much dismantled Kirk’s team and style of play, what a mess.

57 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

Price out.

I suspect there is a trend for this, possibly since February? Fair play to Buckie but I'm sure there will be a clear out and post mortem? It's not like they got pumped by Strathspey or Clach but definitely underwhelmed. Sorry guys for honest opinion.

And Brechin were laughable against their direct rivals so it kind of evened itself out. Buckie's goal glut in the last 5 days was the fine margin in which the title was swung in their favour. 

Mick Kennedy will likely let half his 35 plus crew away on stags again for the play offs like with Darvel, and maybe Spider too, so I won't be betting on the outcome.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Mick Kennedy will likely let half his 35 plus crew away on stags again for the play offs like with Darvel, and maybe Spider too, so I won't be betting on the outcome.

Yeah you're probably right 

Sorry to discover that City were pipped at the post this year.

Absolutely no schadenfreude in seeing such a formerly well run successful club fail to get back into the SPFL League Two playoffs.

You have to wonder a demoted SPFL club will ever make the return journey, and whether the SPFL will ever realise that blocking automatic promotion from tier 5 actually makes it more difficult. 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You have to wonder a demoted SPFL club will ever make the return journey, and whether the SPFL will ever realise that blocking automatic promotion from tier 5 actually makes it more difficult. 

The penny will drop eventually🤞

55 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Totally agree with automatic promotion from tier 5 but Brechin were one of the instigators in how it is currently set up to be fair 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Making relegation easier so you can be promoted back more readily isn’t that a compelling vision - SPFL sides aren’t that myopic.  And yes pretty sure over time an SPFL club will make the return journey and a former Tier 5 club will fall back to that level