FIFA 20

TheGoon

That’s me 14 wins with 4 games left. Not worth the stress to get to 17, so that’ll do. 

Last win there was 4-2 and he had 97 Maradona and shapeshifter Messi. He was actually a decent player but I changed strategy a bit, I normally start with a 4231 but thought f**k it and went to my attacking 442 formation, pressed a bit more and it paid off. 2 of my goals were from him making a mistake with his keeper gifting me the ball. Nice to have something different in your locker to try and get the win. 

My best finish this weekend and I used a much reduced squad with lower rating and bronze benching. Interesting. I’ve never felt the gameplay as smoothe using this team as opposed to the below.

It’s still a decent enough team but it’s ridiculous how I managed to reach 20 wins with 7 to spare I could never managed this using my full team.

IMG_0353.jpg

As usual, despite saying I'd stop at Silver 1, I went back again tonight. 3 wins out of 4 (including 2 wins in a row on penalties!) got me Gold 3 with one game to spare.

As Leno is the only TOTS player I really want so far, I fully expect Thursday to be filled with people moaning they "only" got him as their best pick, whilst I don't get him as a choice.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

As usual, despite saying I'd stop at Silver 1, I went back again tonight. 3 wins out of 4 (including 2 wins in a row on penalties!) got me Gold 3 with one game to spare.
As Leno is the only TOTS player I really want so far, I fully expect Thursday to be filled with people moaning they "only" got him as their best pick, whilst I don't get him as a choice.

I will get a different German keeper. No doubt.

22 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I feel bad for packing him now. 😩

@Mayos Noun Thats some couple squads there. Any variations of tactics in game? 20 wins with 7 to spare is like YouTube’r level. 😂 I’m guessing it’s just practise? How is Matthaus? I’d quite like him in my team at some point. Plus I saw him live at Starks Park when the Rovers beat Bayern 1-0 in a friendly many moons ago. 😂

I feel bad for packing him now. [emoji30]
[mention=2908]Mayos Noun[/mention] Thats some couple squads there. Any variations of tactics in game? 20 wins with 7 to spare is like YouTube’r level. [emoji23] I’m guessing it’s just practise? How is Matthaus? I’d quite like him in my team at some point. Plus I saw him live at Starks Park when the Rovers beat Bayern 1-0 in a friendly many moons ago. [emoji23]

The first squad - 442(2) with Mbabu at cdm and Da Costa at right back. Ronaldinho and Eusebio at striker. Mbabu to stay back and Fred on balanced. If I was winning, I generally switched to 4132 with the cdm dropping between defenders. 5 width and 5 depth on all formations.

I just realised on my main team, I often begin the game with 8 depth. Although my main defenders are quick enough, this may require adjusting. I felt this was the first weekend where I could attack from the offset and rarely got punished. Militao plays better than VVD for me.

A formation which I would also highly recommend right now is 41212 (wide) and I often switch to this if losing and more often than not, I pull it back and keep this formation.

Strikers - one who can hold the ball up and a play, with another who is deadly. Ronaldinho and Eusebio are perfect together.
Dinho - stay central, stay forward, balanced movement.
Eusebio stay central, stay forward, get in behind.

A cam who is extremely agile. Garrincha can play this role for me however Kent has far better return than anyone I’ve tried. Highlights how ridiculous this game is.
Cam - get into box for crosses. The rest balanced.

Cdm. I use Essien however he is not ideal due to high high workrates. Medium high or low high is perfect. Cover centre, cut passing lanes, drop between defenders. Kante is perfect for this.

LM and RM - 4* weak foot and above as they often find themselves cutting in. Get in behind and get into box for crosses. The rest balanced.
High medium workrates are preferred. Must be very Pacey for this position with high agility and balance.

Cbs - no alter to tactics.
Decent pace and agility on one and a solid all rounder for the other cb.
80+ pace to play a higher line. Set custom tactics accordingly.
David Luiz with M/M workrates leaves the other requiring a high defensive work rate therefore I’ve taken Maldini who is perfect foil.

Full backs to stay back when attacking however I often trigger their runs manually. Sandro and Mbabu are quick, agile and high strength. That works well on this Fifa and although they’re tall enough, height isn’t an issue.

Main tactics.
Press on heavy touch
Width 5
Depth 4 (play it safe until used to formation and move upto 5)

Attack
Width 4
Players in box 4
Corners 4
Free kicks 3

Hope this helps