Euro 2020 tickets

3 hours ago, forameus said:

And the news about no refreshments...Jesus christ. Is that UEFA or SG deciding?

Like people have said, there'll be those with conditions, and I dare say some might end up a bit worse for wear, particularly if it ends up in hot weather. Great we all avoided covid from the drinks stand, but wee Tams now in hospital from dehydration. Then he caught covid anyway.

Scottish Government seemingly.

Looks like it's official. Event website today replaced standard:

1. Without a press pass, professional cameras or video cameras won't be allowed inside the stadium, so no need to worry about how you’ll fit one into your A4 size bag.
2. Food and drinks can't be taken inside the stadium. But there will be plenty of options to choose from once you're inside. Check our guide for must-try local foods in the city, too!
3. Umbrellas can't be taken inside the venue, so a poncho is the perfect alternative.

with

1. Without a press pass, professional cameras or video cameras won't be allowed inside the stadium, so no need to worry about how you’ll fit one into your A4 size bag.
2. No drinks can't be taken inside the stadium.
3. Umbrellas can't be taken inside the venue, so a poncho is the perfect alternative.

Appalling.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Scottish Government seemingly.

I mean...I just don't get it.  Like, I understand that they'll be shutting them because it's a contact point, but the alternative is, like you pointed out, treating them literally worse than someone getting the jail.  And for once, that's not hyperbole, and I'm not sure how they can defend that.  If they ran concession stands, realistically would there be any Covid cases?  Loaded question, but you'd imagine not, as most will be masked up constantly, distanced queueing (like we've been doing in every fucking place for over a year now) and all that.  But surely the prospects of problems relating to shutting concessions are far more likely to happen.  I went to a gig in Berlin, and due to a colossal f**k-up, my wife and I ended up with 20 Euros on us.  No cash machines and no card machines at the kiosks.  Shite.  So we had to survive what ended up being about 4-5 hours on two drinks (one drink was 12 Euro with a "commemorative cup"...if you brought back the cup, you got a refill for something like 7, hence 2 drinks).  By the time we got back nearer to the hotel, I was a fucking husk.  And that was my own fault, not essentially Government mandated.  Put a few thousand in that situation, I don't doubt you'll get some people suffering at best.  Then do you get people sneaking stuff in?  Someone then launch a bottle at a player as an indirect result of not being able to get any kind of drink inside the stadium?  It's a fucking farce.

Seems very much to me like they've essentially been railroaded.  They seem to be doing their level best to kill any sense of fun or hope into the whole thing, so I can only assume they thought doing a Dublin would've been a political mistake.  And now that they've rode the wave of saying they're letting the fans in, they don't give a shit how unpleasant they make the experience.  I don't doubt that if we get a positive result, it'll be a brilliant experience for those in there, but it's actually making me not envy people who are getting to see us at our first major tournament in over 20 years.  THat's some going.

I mean...I just don't get it.  Like, I understand that they'll be shutting them because it's a contact point, but the alternative is, like you pointed out, treating them literally worse than someone getting the jail.  And for once, that's not hyperbole, and I'm not sure how they can defend that.  If they ran concession stands, realistically would there be any Covid cases?  Loaded question, but you'd imagine not, as most will be masked up constantly, distanced queueing (like we've been doing in every fucking place for over a year now) and all that.  But surely the prospects of problems relating to shutting concessions are far more likely to happen.  I went to a gig in Berlin, and due to a colossal f**k-up, my wife and I ended up with 20 Euros on us.  No cash machines and no card machines at the kiosks.  Shite.  So we had to survive what ended up being about 4-5 hours on two drinks (one drink was 12 Euro with a "commemorative cup"...if you brought back the cup, you got a refill for something like 7, hence 2 drinks).  By the time we got back nearer to the hotel, I was a fucking husk.  And that was my own fault, not essentially Government mandated.  Put a few thousand in that situation, I don't doubt you'll get some people suffering at best.  Then do you get people sneaking stuff in?  Someone then launch a bottle at a player as an indirect result of not being able to get any kind of drink inside the stadium?  It's a fucking farce.
Seems very much to me like they've essentially been railroaded.  They seem to be doing their level best to kill any sense of fun or hope into the whole thing, so I can only assume they thought doing a Dublin would've been a political mistake.  And now that they've rode the wave of saying they're letting the fans in, they don't give a shit how unpleasant they make the experience.  I don't doubt that if we get a positive result, it'll be a brilliant experience for those in there, but it's actually making me not envy people who are getting to see us at our first major tournament in over 20 years.  THat's some going.
No one will be suffering like that. Yes it's a total lot of nonsense but there will be free water so not quite how you are describing it.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
8 hours ago, forameus said:

No one will be suffering like that. Yes it's a total lot of nonsense but there will be free water so not quite how you are describing it.

I guarantee that they will run out of water before kick off.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, forameus said:

I wouldn't be putting much faith in these bottles of water. That has farce written all over it.

I can just about understand the food kiosks being shut, but not allowing people to bring their own alternative is scandalous, especially with the first match taking place in the middle of the afternoon.

Then you have the added insult of UEFA being allowed to have their own kiosk selling overpriced baseball hats and t-shirts.

Burger vans in the vicinity of Hampden will make a killing on match days.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Tbf, it seems like the ban on bringing food in has been removed according to what HibeeJibee posted above. It's still a total nonsense though.

Aye, fingers crossed common sense has prevailed, although it's ridiculous they even suggested it in the first place. The wording could also be better - they've just removed food from the instructions altogether. It should be made crystal clear that fans are allowed to bring in their own food.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt and think that there's plentiful supplies, it's still an incredibly poor decision that doesn't make much sense.  The process around opening and operating a concessions stand is absolutely no different to other businesses that they're happy to have open outside of stadiums.  Queueing has gotten a bit worse but has been pretty distanced for over a year now.  Restaurants and cafes have managed to serve food while complying with restrictions for a few weeks and at sporadic points throughout the pandemic.  Bars have even managed to serve indoors for a few weeks outside of Glasgow.  No part of the decision makes much sense.

And it is a bit like "aye but what if" with the potential problems, and most of them are likely fanciful and unlikely to happen. But if one person takes a really bad reaction to having to sit in the warm weather with no refreshments, there's going to be a lot of questions that I don't think they'll have a particularly good answer to.

59 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye, fingers crossed common sense has prevailed, although it's ridiculous they even suggested it in the first place. The wording could also be better - they've just removed food from the instructions altogether. It should be made crystal clear that fans are allowed to bring in their own food.

And drinks too! Especially if it's a hot day, but even if it isn't folk will need more than a wee bottle of water.

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Seems the publicans of Glasgow now lobbying for the Fanzone to be cancelled or made alcohol free. GTF !!!

Do these people not realise that bookings will be made in and around the fanzone and it is actually attracting more people to the area.

I have booked pubs and restaurants for both before and after the fanzone for the Scotland games. 

Do these people not realise that bookings will be made in and around the fanzone and it is actually attracting more people to the area.
I have booked pubs and restaurants for both before and after the fanzone for the Scotland games. 
It just comes across as bitterness. Wouldn't surprise me if the SG cave to them !

The spokesman from the hospitality group was calling for everyone going to the fanzone to be tested too presumably to make it a bit more awkward to go so people don't bother and go to the pub instead.

That can't possibly backfire on the hospitality industry in any way whatsoever.