Euro 2020 tickets

If you own a Glasgow pub then you’re doing something seriously wrong if your pub isn’t packed out throughout June, considering they’ve all been closed for 8 months and Scotland are playing in their first tournament for 23 year, fanzone or not.

Surely from a public health point of view they’ll see that having folk watching outside is preferable to pubs or houses. Jason Leitch said as much on Off the Ball at the weekend.

Looks like there are still tickets available (category 1 only tbf) for Czechs v Croatia at Hampden if anyone is interested. Weirdly there are also still tickets for what are effectively home games for Spain and Italy as well, which seems bizarre. 
Edit: anyone who bought on Friday received the email re downloading the app that was mentioned on the confirmation that came out? I downloaded it directly off the app store and still nothing showing....
Problem with going to that game at Hampden is how / where you will see the England game if you don't live very close to the ground or you don't already have a gold dust pub booking in the vicinity.

The fanzone is basically nearly up already, I doubt they’ll be taking it down now until after the tournament, no matter what anyone says.

I’m not sure why the pubs are against it tbh, there’s enough customers for everyone - it’s not as though people will just stop at the fan park, my friend is coming through and we’ll no doubt be in a pub or two around here as well. I know people are travelling to Glasgow for it so if anything, it’ll be helping them out.

The fanzone is basically nearly up already, I doubt they’ll be taking it down now until after the tournament, no matter what anyone says.
I’m not sure why the pubs are against it tbh, there’s enough customers for everyone - it’s not as though people will just stop at the fan park, my friend is coming through and we’ll no doubt be in a pub or two around here as well. I know people are travelling to Glasgow for it so if anything, it’ll be helping them out.
I think the danger is alcohol ban rather than outright cancelling it.

I've just booked a table for 4 at 229 in an attempt to get the last 2 tables (of 4) for 8 of us. Didn't get them both so now goes to the first person on the waiting list on the website the guy said. I can't transfer it directly either unfortunately. It's full of scots only and completely sold out. Get yourself on the waiting list for table of 4 and you'll likely get my table immediately. Less than a fiver a head.

https://dice.fm/event/7n7r7-england-vs-scotland-18th-jun-229-london-tickets 

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
I wouldn't be putting much faith in these bottles of water. That has farce written all over it.

Legally they have to provide it.

But how much though? A single small bottle for everyone? That isn't going to be enough.

6 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Was there not a guy on here who owned a chain of pubs and has commented quite a bit on how hospitality has been affected? I wonder what his views are on this. 

I own a bar / restaurant, live music venue and a nightclub (though not in Glasgow admittedly). My view is that with the vaccination rollout going well, the vulnerable groups 1-9 fully (or very close to fully) double dosed by now, and the link between cases and hospitalisations / deaths clearly broken by vaccination, the government should be relaxing restrictions for everyone,  not doubling down with nonsensical stuff like not allowing folk to queue up to buy food and drink inside Hampden, when they can queue up to buy food and drink in any supermarket or shop. What’s good for everyone in terms of generally relaxed restrictions is good for hospitality. The more these stifling restrictions are relaxed across the board, and the quicker we can get back to normality the better. 

Socially distanced fanzones are not really much different from plans in Edinburgh for socially distanced gazebo-style outdoor venues for the Edinburgh Festival and Fringe. My opinion on these plans is that they’re far too cautious for August, as by then mask-wearing should be optional and social-distancing a thing of the past, but even though I run a small indoor venue that may not benefit directly from these outdoor events, I’d still much rather they went ahead than didn’t, even if we can’t schedule our normal highly lucrative indoor Fringe events programme due to ongoing restrictions. The Festival and Fringe is part of the cultural fabric of the city and everyone in the trade benefits to some extent from having a more vibrant, busier city than the ghost town it’s been for the last 15 months.

The Euros coming to Glasgow is (potentially) a once in a lifetime thing, enriching the fabric of the city and the nation, and in normal conditions should be celebrated widely, with as many ancillary special events going on as possible. It’s just a shame that Covid has put such a dampener on things. So, yes, I do think the folk speaking out against the fanzones are being a bit churlish, and are not looking at the bigger picture. 

Edited by Frankie S

I’m lucky enough to have tickets for Hampden from the original UEFA  ballot. I’m going to Czech game with my mate who is diabetic so the news about food/drink is pretty concerning. I’ve tried a few sources to ask for clarity but heard nothing yet - hope we get some (good) news this week.

At the back of my mind I’m thinking - should we just ignore the entry time slot and rock up closer to kick off. That way he can load up on steak bakes or whatever... and I can maybe have a supportive beer instead of twiddling my thumbs for 2.5 feckin hours before kick off. 

I've just got the email from UEFA to download the ticket app. I'm filling out my personal details on the app and they are after a passport or national ID number. After losing a passport years ago, I hate taking my passport anywhere when I don't have to, so does anyone know if photo driving licenses are going to be acceptable ID to get get in the stadium?

I've just got the email from UEFA to download the ticket app. I'm filling out my personal details on the app and they are after a passport or national ID number. After losing a passport years ago, I hate taking my passport anywhere when I don't have to, so does anyone know if photo driving licenses are going to be acceptable ID to get get in the stadium?
You don't need either (well zero mention on the actual tickets) to get in. I assume we are merely using a passport as confirmation of ID when registering with UEFA.

You don't need either (well zero mention on the actual tickets) to get in. I assume we are merely using a passport as confirmation of ID when registering with UEFA.
Their info page says you need a passport or ID card with you on match day.

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/event-guide/glasgow/stadium/

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Don't take my word 100% on this but I think you can provide a photocopy of your passport.

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

My driving licence no.(I don't currently have a passport)  was sufficient for buying tickets and gaining access to the ticket app so I'd assume they'll be fine with a DL at the game if they ask for ID. I doubt they will tbh.

They've relented on food (unless devil is in the detail)... you can now take your own.

People allowed to bring food into Hampden for Euro 2020 games

Stuart McMillan asks if food stalls will be open at Hampden during Euro 2020 games.

Ms Sturgeon says these will not be operating to ensure physical distancing takes place when people are moving around the stadium.

However, she says fans will be allowed to take food inside the stadium as they could be there for several hours before and after games - although discussions regarding drinks is ongoing.

Goodness only knows what the outcome on drinks will be. They'll be instinctively against people bringing their own; yet if queues are "unsafe" they'll hardly open kiosks for drinks but not food.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

They've relented on food (unless devil is in the detail)... you can now take your own.
Goodness only knows what the outcome on drinks will be. They'll be instinctively against people bringing their own; yet if queues are "unsafe" they'll hardly open kiosks for drinks but not food.

Can imagine the utter ridiculousness of the discussions on this.  Instead of just, you know, the sensible decision of accepting that people can queue like pandemic adults to get a flat coke, they'll now be negotiating on what's ok.  Are Fruit Shoots fine?  Do we have an issue with fizzy drinks?  Or is it anything with colour?

Farcical stuff.