dunfermline v dundee

Dunfermline were far too deep in the second half and so invited those sort of attacks into the box; while it's a terrible decision for the penalty they've got no-one to blame but themselves for not having put that rabble to bed. 

Think we could've won it by the end 🤭 For real though, got off with one there big time. Think we improved drastically, but we can't be playing like how we did in the first half and expect to be anything other than a laughing stock. Hope this is a sharp learning curve for McPake, and this will be a rarity. But considering everything, taking a point away from home from a team I consider a title contender is not bad going, especially after that first half.

But for Flap Jack we’d have won that match. The second is one of those ‘it’s a foul on any other part of the pitch’ type. Sandwiched between two players, given a shove, then brought down from the back. The first is a stonewaller. Dunfermline were extremely impressive first half, we definitely ‘won’ the second. A great point for us and now the whole team knows what is going to be required and that hopefully includes another keeper.

Have to wonder how far into the season itll be before Crawford realises that his team wont be able to keep up a high early tempo, and that it utterly fucks them for the final half hour.

Exact same as the St Mirren game I seen them in, blow the team away early on, legs go, minds go, throw away the lead. They escaped with it against St Mirren, and were lucky to get a point by the end in this one.

The two penalties were horrendous decisions, but theres a bigger worry in there.

Long time coming this review. 

First up Dunfermline. First half they showed they're capable of playing some nice stuff. Dow had the freedom of the right wing due to how we set up, looked very dangerous. I like Coley, too. f**k me they love to get the ball back to front as quick as possible. Can see them hammering a few teams this season due to how they set up. Equally, they'll take a few scuddings. The time wasting and feigning injury - only to return to feet pronto after no free kick award - was a bit much tbh. 

Dundee. Jack Hamilton, you're making it real hard for us to take to you, laddie. Especially when Ferrie is punting dead bah's half the park straight to Geddes and saving nearly every shot in the warm up. Set up 3-5-2. Got bummed, lucky it wa only 2-1 at half time. Changed formation and personnel. Swaggered the second half, walked away with a point despite being little more than 6/10.

First penalty was a stonewaller. Second penalty was anything but a penalty. Burst out laughing at its award. 

Probably the laziest refereeing performance I've ever seen outside of Sunday League. Take the point and move on. 

For all the praise McPake was getting on the BBC  for changing his tactics i thought the changes should have been made after about 20 minutes. Dundee were in all honesty absolutely awful first half. 2-1 down was an absolute result for them as they could easily have been 3 or even 4 nil down.

Dundee hugely better 2nd half. 

As for the ex QOS players  I thought Todd did really well when he came on. Marshall was awful as a wing back but did better as LB in a back 4 2nd half.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Yup, Hamilton and our WB's the big concerns for me.

We all know Hamilton is a clown who is going to chuck one in every match, apart from the Dundee staff it seems. Get a replacement and we'll be fine.

We should be persisting with 3/5/2 as our basic formation, but for fucks sake. If the opposition are just going to sit off our back three any time they have the ball, our WB's have to realise they can't just sit 30 yards inside the opponents half expecting a laser-like pass to materialise at their feet. Both are positionally clueless. Crawford's tactics were spot on in terms of making life difficult, but at this level the players should be able to identify what the problem is and adapt without having to wait 45 minutes for the management to change it for them. It was immediately apparent as soon as McGhee stepped into midfield near the end of the half that the disparity wasn't just a case of us playing poorly. 

Credit to the management team for making the necessary changes at half time though. 2nd half was largely one-way traffic, and while both pens were soft, taking the entirety of the match into account I felt a draw was fair. Would have taken a point beforehand, so apart from facepalming at the inevitable Hamilton howler and the frustrating lack of common sense in a few of our players, I'm reasonably content.

Edited by Boo Khaki

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Good game to watch from the neutral perspective. Dundee got lucky with at least one of the pens.

Dunfermline fans, where was Kyle Turner? Injured or just not fancied?

He was suspended from last season.