Scotland Squad announce before September game

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Bates, never heard of devlin.

Christie has had a great start to the season, we know Russia will be heard to break down, he could be the key to unlocking them. I would play him behind the striker 4 4 1 1.

Marshall

O'Donnell  Cooper Mulgrew  Robertson

Forrest  Mcginn McTominay Fraser

Christie

Mcburnie

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hanley and Palmer out. 

Bates and Devlin called up. 

Has to be Cooper and Mulgrew at centre-back. 

Wonder if that was the pairing he had in mind when assembling the squad. Still think it might've been Hanley and Mulgrew. 

Marshall
O'Donnell  Cooper Mulgrew  Robertson
Forrest  Mcginn McTominay Fraser
                           Christie
                           Mcburnie

I’d be inclined to go with this team and save McGregor for Belgium. I’d have had Johnson from Celtic ahead of Naismith to come off the bench considering form and injuries.

The biggest worry is that one of Mulgrew or Cooper gets injured in the coming week. I'm pretty happy with the two of them - they're both experienced and have played at a relatively decent level at points in their career. Bates is Garry Kenneth mark II, and Devlin has looked good for Aberdeen when fit but is just on the way back from injury.

It's slim pickings in that position with McKenna, Findlay and even Souttar injured - the alternatives like Lindsay and Halkett wouldn't fill me with any more confidence, especially given the start to the season that both their sides have had.

11 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

He won’t play 

But aye, he got injured in training last time didn’t he?

Would rather he just had the international break at club level to get some fitness work done and yes he got injured around last year whilst away with Scotland and never really got any level of fitness or consistancy back after a really good start to the season

Liam Lindsay must have said he isn’t interested.
When he moved south he said it was to try to break into the national team. I reckon Clarke's just trying to minimise the number of squad virgins this time round (Devlin has been called up before and Bates has played through the successful Nations' League campaign)

Aye it'll be Copper and Mulgrew at the back, happy with that. None of this save McGregor for Belgium nonsense, this is probably the biggest game for us in the group playing the 2nd seed at home, it's a must win game after that McLeish horror show, McGregor and Christie HAVE to start this game.

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

Aye it'll be Copper and Mulgrew at the back, happy with that. None of this save McGregor for Belgium nonsense, this is probably the biggest game for us in the group playing the 2nd seed at home, it's a must win game after that McLeish horror show, McGregor and Christie HAVE to start this game.

If anyone's seriously suggesting that, they can get to f**k.

We can get pumped by Belgium and still qualify.  If we lose to Russia, we definitely won't qualify.  It's that simple.  Friday is all that matters at this stage.

Archived