Fort William 2021-22 Thread

Aqy

Good result for Clach the day as well, helped Fort off the bottom. Haven't seen Lossie play this season but assume they're utterly honking.

15 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Good result for Clach the day as well, helped Fort off the bottom. Haven't seen Lossie play this season but assume they're utterly honking.

They were in the first half, Clach nearly matched them in cluelessness in the second, bit lucky to keep the win after being 3-0 up at half time.

Having not paid much attention to foot of HL only now do I appreciate why JimmyShaker isn't very enamoured with this pyramid stuff...

Wha? I’m pretty sure I’ve been pro-pyramid for long enough. Certainly more so than pretty much every club up here anyway.

Incidentally didn't Turriff used to be pretty decent?

Briefly. Not sure what’s gone wrong there.

Turriff spent a bit on players and pulled a second place finish out they ass, but did at least do themselves the favour of also doing up their ground to a decent standard before their backing went a bit south. 

You've now got a strange split of clubs in the league. Turriff, Nairn, Lossie, Clach, Fraserburgh and (in a sideways fashion) Fort have teams filled with youngsters after either financial problems, years of middlingness, or a desire to build the club from the ground up with community involvement. Brora, Formartine, Buckie, Locos and Rothes are paying players (yes they are, stop denying it) in ever more desperate attempts to win something.

And you've a core in the middle - Vale, Forres, Strathspey, Huntly and Keith - who are not sure if they want to do one or the other. And Wick stuck out at the edge of the universe who are just happy to be here, sir.

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Local businessmen splurging money on their local clubs for a coupla seasons before letting them fall back into mediocrity?

Nice to see a few petrodollars escaping from Aberdeenshire occasionally.

Haven't seen Lossie play this season but assume they're utterly honking.

Seen them in my first HL game earlier this season and they made Strathspey look like Real Madrid. It’s no surprise then to see them propping up the table like the total gang that they are.

Fire them into the NCL.