Billy Gilmour

Kuro

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He needs to stay and persuade Tuchel he can start.

Last thing any young player wants is to be lost in the Chelsea loan vacuum. They seem absolutely brutal for stockpiling young players, while spunking £50m+ on players every Summer, and the young ones get lost. Lampard changed that a bit but sadly was a shite manager.

Fight for his place for 6 months and if its not worked out force a permanent transfer though.

The transfer embargo changed that a bit

Revolving door of managers doesn't help either

A loan move is fine as long as he goes to a reasonably decent team in a good league who will actually play him.

Preferably a team who can afford to buy him at the end if he performs well because like it was said above, he doesn’t want to get into the go on loan, come back, loan elsewhere again, go back, merry go round. 

3 minutes ago, the snudge said:

A loan to Dortmund/Leipzig/PSV would be great. A shite move would be Birmingham or Swansea

Realistically anywhere would be fine.  He's only 19 and has played about 15 games of professional football in his life, probably most of them off the bench.

Even a move to somewhere like Dundee Utd would be fine, come up here play a dozen games. Toughen him up a bit and give him some experience, that's all they want and all he needs.

‘For Billy I have a good impression. He is a very strategic guy, with a very high level of game understanding, very good in the first contact, very clever in positioning.

‘We will see if he has the physical level to compete in the centre of the field in the most physical league in the world, but he is super quick with his feet, super fast with his decision making, and very good in positioning like I said.

‘For me we have 21, 22 outfield players available to play in three competitions. There is absolutely no need to get rid of players.’

He's not going anywhere IMO and this "Tuchel has told him he can leave" is clearly complete bullshit.

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Realistically anywhere would be fine.  He's only 19 and has played about 15 games of professional football in his life, probably most of them off the bench.

Even a move to somewhere like Dundee Utd would be fine, come up here play a dozen games. Toughen him up a bit and give him some experience, that's all they want and all he needs.

🤣

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

‘For Billy I have a good impression. He is a very strategic guy, with a very high level of game understanding, very good in the first contact, very clever in positioning.

‘We will see if he has the physical level to compete in the centre of the field in the most physical league in the world, but he is super quick with his feet, super fast with his decision making, and very good in positioning like I said.

‘For me we have 21, 22 outfield players available to play in three competitions. There is absolutely no need to get rid of players.’

He's not going anywhere IMO and this "Tuchel has told him he can leave" is clearly complete bullshit.

Aye it appeared there was a lot of credence given to the talksport fanny with no articles carrying any quotes from Tuchel. 

Reading between the lines it seems that Gilmour's current pathway is unchanged. Mibbe Tuchel will apply his coaching fastidiousness to Gilmour and get him on a strength and conditioning program. But it sounds like he'll get his chance.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We will see if he has the physical level to compete in the centre of the field in the most physical league in the world

What that really means is 'he doesn't have the phyiscal level yet' so basically he's a bit part player for a couple of years under Tuchel most likely.  You don't change that much physically overnight.

9 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

The same poster had Gilmour walking into the Barcelona first team a few weeks back. Now it's Dundee Utd.

I think he would get a game for Barca without question, you'll note what Tuchel said about physical league, well Barca's league would suit him a lot more.

I gave Utd as an example, all he needs is games of competitive professional football against men, it doesn't really matter where it is.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It was Real Betis two days ago as well. He's some boi, Pep. 

Actually that was a joke, but yeah they'd suit him well too.  Technically he could play for anyone tonight, as I've always said, the issue is physically, as I've said too if you scroll back.  Tuchel sees that as a problem.

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye it appeared there was a lot of credence given to the talksport fanny with no articles carrying any quotes from Tuchel. 

Reading between the lines it seems that Gilmour's current pathway is unchanged. Mibbe Tuchel will apply his coaching fastidiousness to Gilmour and get him on a strength and conditioning program. But it sounds like he'll get his chance.

He will already be doing that, all professional footballers with very few exceptions start that about 18.  But it doesn't happen overnight.

His pathway is unchanged but set back quite a bit, under Lampard he was probably months maybe even weeks away from playing regularly, under Tuchel that now looks very unlikely.  Under Lampard he was in every matchday squad, Tuchel's first one he didn't even make the bench but three fullbacks did.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

We will see if he has the physical level to compete in the centre of the field in the most physical league in the world

What that really means is 'he doesn't have the phyiscal level yet' so basically he's a bit part player for a couple of years under Tuchel most likely.  You don't change that much physically overnight.

Can I ask why you ignore everything else he's said about Gilmour there, including the line saying he sees no reason for players to leave, and then try and guess what he actually means rather than taking what he says at face value?

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can I ask why you ignore everything else he's said about Gilmour there, including the line saying he sees no reason for players to leave, and then try and guess what he actually means rather than taking what he says at face value?

Seeing no reason for a player to leave doesn't mean he's going to play him regularly does it? Those aren't the same things.  His concern is Chelsea not Gilmour, and its better for him to have a fifth choice kicking his heels in the stands than do what's best for a player's development.

I say fifth choice as he selected Reece James in front of him for his first game btw, and he has played Gilmour's role.

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Seeing no reason for a player to leave doesn't mean he's going to play him regularly does it? Those aren't the same things.  His concern is Chelsea not Gilmour, and its better for him to have a fifth choice kicking his heels in the stands than do what's best for a player's development.

I say fifth choice as he selected Reece James in front of him for his first game btw, and he has played Gilmour's role.

It doesn't. It also doesn't mean he'll be sitting kicking his heels. Tuchel said he went for experience in his first game, if he's still using Reece James in Gilmours position in a couple of months then we'll have something to worry about. Just find it weird you've taken a negative view from what Tuchel said, which is actually overwhelmingly positive.