Billy Gilmour

Kuro

10 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Its a disaster if he doesn't actually play, which so far he hasn't even been in any squad.

A loan move to Southampton would likely have him playing regularly. 

Im not sure if having this opinion makes me a typical scotland fan or not. Just a sensible scotland fan.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He can train with great players every day but if was went to another EPL team he is playing against great players most week.

It's hard to justify taking him to the Euros because he trains with good players. We need him playing.

It's been 2 games.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Do you genuinely think he has a chance of breaking in to the midfield against the competition he has this season? Especially as it looks like the manager is changing to a two man set up in the middle of the park?

I genuinely don't know. What I do know is Billy Gilmour has impressed Tommy Tuchel and looks like he's being kept in the Chelsea squad. I see that as good news, others (bizarrely to me) see it as bad news, or disastrous. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I genuinely don't know. What I do know is Billy Gilmour has impressed Tommy Tuchel and looks like he's being kept in the Chelsea squad. I see that as good news, others (bizarrely to me) see it as bad news, or disastrous. 

Its bad news if he's going to be playing less first team football than he would out on loan or would have if Lampard had still been in charge, which is obviously the case. Hope he goes to Southampton. I don't think his chances of making it for the Euros are very good, but if he doesn't go out on loan they are zero.

As for his development as a player he is only 19 so nothing is urgent just now, just in terms of making the Euros a loan is essential.

I'm wondering if we're reading too much into Gilmour being left out of two squads. Tuchel is still getting to know his players and is still figuring out what works. 

He's spoken glowingly of him, praising very highly what he has seen in training. I'm going to presume that Tuchel and Chelsea are still serious about developing him. I have a feeling he'll get his chance soon. 

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I'm wondering if we're reading too much into Gilmour being left out of two squads. Tuchel is still getting to know his players and is still figuring out what works. 

He's spoken glowingly of him, praising very highly what he has seen in training. I'm going to presume that Tuchel and Chelsea are still serious about developing him. I have a feeling he'll get his chance soon. 

He's dropped Gilmour, mount, Abraham, chillwell 

Basically anyone young, oot

This might be gilmours one chance of playing at a major tournament, needs games every week to have any chance of making squad

1 hour ago, Binos said:

He's dropped Gilmour, mount, Abraham, chillwell 

Basically anyone young, oot

This might be gilmours one chance of playing at a major tournament, needs games every week to have any chance of making squad

Mount and Abraham both started one game and came on as a sub in the other. Hudson-odoi, another youngster, has been by miles their best player both games.

I kind of wanted him to go out on loan but I don’t think there’s any need for these reactions. Chelsea have 7 games in a little over 3 weeks coming up. If he hardly features in that run then this sort of talk will be merited but I think it’s a bit early yet.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

I'm out boys, enjoy yourselves.

Sure Barry Ferguson, Scott Brown, Darren Fletcher etc etc would have thought they'd have a few chances at it also

Didn't work out

Edited by Binos

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Mount and Abraham both started one game and came on as a sub in the other. Hudson-odoi, another youngster, has been by miles their best player both games.

I kind of wanted him to go out on loan but I don’t think there’s any need for these reactions. Chelsea have 7 games in a little over 3 weeks coming up. If he hardly features in that run then this sort of talk will be merited but I think it’s a bit early yet.

The transfer window is tonight, not in a few weeks

Agreed.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-billy-gilmour-loan-thomas-tuchel-deadline-day-b918148.html

11 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Very strange bench. Keeper, 3 defenders, 4 forwards, and 1 midfielder (Kante). His only chance of even getting on the bench is injuries.

One of the benches he was omitted from contained 3 full backs

I'm not sure who's missing from the other night to give him a spot but it's a step forward at least.

Funny if he gets on and is the only Scot on the pitch not to be capped.
Havertz maybe.
I see Kante is on his was back from injury too. Didn't realise he had barely played under Tuchel.