FA Cup 2019/20

Eednud

53 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

He's bound to do something amazing now that I've said this, but I think Cantwell is possibly the most overrated player in the Premier League. I'll be amazed if he ends up getting a move to a top four team. 

😃

This is my first time tuning into one of these closed doors matches. Why have folk been raving about the fake crowd noises as if it’s been great? It’s absolutely pish. No cheer when United scored there, you’d think it would be easy enough to have a guy with a soundboard in front of him to press for “away fans cheer”, “oooo close chance”, “booo” etc. You’d think they’d actually be able to put something half decent together, import some recordings of chants and songs by both teams fans - instead it’s just boring generic noise.

I've not watched any English games live so I'm not sure what it is normally like but it sounds at times as though the sound guy is using the "generic world cup group game" setting on his machine for most of it. Occasionally you hear a wee "United, United" but otherwise it's a bit shit.

Shearer was right in his pre game analysing of Man Utd. Every player out there bar Fernandes (and Pogba, now he's on) is absolutely terrified of making a risky pass. They can't blame the crowd for getting on their backs. 

An average of somewhere around £100,000 per week pay and they just take the easiest option every single time. 

Edit : that's a terrific save by Krul. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Actually thought Bruno Fernandes was borderline worst player on the park. I get he wants to play it forward, but he gave the ball away pretty much every time he touched it. 

Pogba is so far ahead of the rest of that Man United side it’s unreal. 

Haven't watched United for a while but got the impression before the Covid break that United are heavy reliant on Fernandes to produce something so if he's shit, the team is shit. Pogba coming back and looking fired up must be promising for them though.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Yeah, get the same impression brother, he’s obviously done well since his move but was terrible tonight.

Pogba just always oozes class imo, one of those players that looks better the better players he has around him. Genuinely world class for me. 

Great player that just cannot be arsed for long stretches and fair play to him! Reckon him at United and Supras still posting on Misc Fitba would've been the absolute nadir of this forum.

You'd think Bruno Fernandes had won the previous 9 Balon D'ors the way the pundits go on about him already.

He's played about 7 games. They need to settle.
In wee flashes he looks a decent player but at other times he is bang average. Better than Sanchez but that's a very low bar.

The pundits love building up players and then knocking them down when things are not quite working out i.e. Pukki .

11 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Actually thought Bruno Fernandes was borderline worst player on the park. I get he wants to play it forward, but he gave the ball away pretty much every time he touched it. 

Sure this was mentioned by the likes of StatsBomb when he joined them.

He plays a high percentage of low percentage passes. So it's a case of you having to deal with the 9 passes that are intercepted to get the 1 that cuts a defence in half.