The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

54 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Boris isn’t going to pump you cause you defend him on a Scottish football website m8

How do you manage to twist a poster criticising Nicola Sturgeon into him having gay sex with Boris Johnson?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/08/britain-trumpian-rules-downing-street-media-political-elites

"There is another lesson about power, too, and that is the revolving door that links the British establishment. Allegra Stratton epitomises it: formerly a journalist at the Guardian, BBC and ITV whose job was to scrutinise the government, she ultimately joined it as a propagandist. She is married to the Spectator’s political editor, James Forsyth, who was best man at the wedding of Rishi Sunak, who himself is a former employer of Stratton. This is a story of incestuous political and media elites.

When Stratton was Newsnight political editor, she humiliated a single mother on national television, seeking to portray her as a benefit “scrounger”, erasing the fact she was in full-time work and was compelled to claim housing benefit; the programme was forced to apologise on air. This is no tangent: it is a story of how too much of a media ecosystem profoundly entangled in government fails to hold the powerful to account, while encouraging us to be angry at the powerless and the vulnerable. No wonder they are, like Stratton in that leaked video, laughing at the rules that bind the rest of us.

Indeed, note how the Sun newspaper today fails to splash on the biggest political scandal of the year. This rag’s deputy editor is none other than James Slack – a revolving door veteran who was the prime minister’s official spokesman at the very time the Christmas party took place."

1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

If SNP fans were concerned about integrity then oor Nicola would be interviewing at a Job Centre Plus fortnightly.

How is your job search coming along, Nicola.  Been a while hen. 

It's a really bizarre notion that unionists have that Sturgeon is some kind of liar, cheat or morally absent dictator. I get that folk will hate Sturgeon, her politics and her personality etc; that's just politics. But surely even the thickest of weirdos know that as far as politician go, she's by far the most reliable, honest and morally-accomplished we have in this country. 

5 minutes ago, smpar said:

It's a really bizarre notion that unionists have that Sturgeon is some kind of liar, cheat or morally absent dictator. I get that folk will hate Sturgeon, her politics and her personality etc; that's just politics. But surely even the thickest of weirdos know that as far as politician go, she's by far the most reliable, honest and morally-accomplished we have in this country. 

You’re speaking to someone so brainwashed by UK nationalism that they find themselves having to defend Boris Johnson*. Not all all UKphiles are like this - only those who have thrown in their lot with the Tories, seduced by their ability to wave a Union Jack and be racist and xenophobic towards anyone not born in the UK.

* If “yeah but FUCKING STURGEONNNNDNFNFNF” can be called a defence. 

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

She's undoubtedly a liar.

I don't actually hate her, but she does lie.

Guest Bob Mahelp
19 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Indeed, note how the Sun newspaper today fails to splash on the biggest political scandal of the year. This rag’s deputy editor is none other than James Slack – a revolving door veteran who was the prime minister’s official spokesman at the very time the Christmas party took place."

I know that it's been like this since the beginning of time, but since Blair was in power the wheels of government and prominent journalists are entwined like never before. 

On the other side of the coin I was actually stunned this morning to see The Telegraph's political editor on BBC, saying that Johnson has no choice but to resign. 

This the from The Telegraph...the Tory party in-house newspaper and one which employed Johnson for years. It's so against the grain, and it's such a major step away from their daily pro-Tory propaganda, it actually made me spill my Special K. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I know that it's been like this since the beginning of time, but since Blair was in power the wheels of government and prominent journalists are entwined like never before. 

On the other side of the coin I was actually stunned this morning to see The Telegraph's political editor on BBC, saying that Johnson has no choice but to resign. 

This the from The Telegraph...the Tory party in-house newspaper and one which employed Johnson for years. It's so against the grain, and it's such a major step away from their daily pro-Tory propaganda, it actually made me spill my Special K. 

The Telegraph, or as Johnson calls it 'his real boss' coming out against him is the final nail in the coffin.

I honestly can't see him staying in place much longer at all.  He has so many enemies in the party.

29 minutes ago, smpar said:

She's accomplished alright, an accomplished liar and no better than Johnson or any politico. The thick weirdos are the people in her cult that think her shite smells of jasmine. You couldn't mark her neck with a flame thrower. Aside from her history of lies and subterfuge she's now running an insolvent SG that is living off English patronage in the form of the block grant. If she was the CEO of any company she'd be removed toot suite.  Put wee Katy or Humza in charge. Can't be worse. 

5 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

She's accomplished alright, an accomplished liar and no better than Johnson or any politico. The thick weirdos are the people in her cult that think her shite smells of jasmine. You couldn't mark her neck with a flame thrower. Aside from her history of lies and subterfuge she's now running an insolvent SG that is living off English patronage in the form of the block grant. If she was the CEO of any company she'd be removed toot suite.  Put wee Katy or Humza in charge. Can't be worse. 

Who had “we’re too poor”?

Thanks for the reminder of just how awful and poverty-stricken Scotland is, and how reliant it is on generosity from the benevolent motherland. It’s been a while since a Little Briton trotted that one out.

It’s even more amusing coming from a staunch defender of Brexit “we’re had enough of experts” Britain.

Edited by Antlion

You’re one of those Hibs fans that takes a Union Jack to the games, aren’t you?

14 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

What do you class as an insolvent SG?