The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

16 hours ago, Donathan said:

The deal is fucking terrible, however if all avenues to block no deal were exhausted and it was a final choice May's deal or nothing, I'd take May's deal.

May's deal has two clear advantages over no deal for me.

The first is the 18 month transition period giving us time to negotiate a trade deal, avoiding the WTO trading rules.

The second is the backstop, ensuring no return of the Irish troubles. Also since the long term technological solution is 5-10 years away, it would likely mean the whole UK has access to the single market for the foreseeable future.

May's deal isn't a good deal, but it's a lot better than no deal if it was to ever become a binary choice.

Expand on this please.

14 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I would be very angry if the snp backed any deal that gave Northern Ireland a distinct economic advantage over Scotland. Why should they get a better deal just because they are incompetent?

Who is incompetent precisely?

I would be very angry if the snp backed any deal that gave Northern Ireland a distinct economic advantage over Scotland. Why should they get a better deal just because they are incompetent?

The full UK backstop doesn’t do this though does it? Only a NI-only backstop would.

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

The full UK backstop doesn’t do this though does it? Only a NI-only backstop would.

I got the distinct impression watching Boris and Veradkar this morning a NI backstop is looking more and more a distinct possibility.

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I got the distinct impression watching Boris and Veradkar this morning a NI backstop is looking more and more a distinct possibility.

Dusting off an obscure old quote from Big Ian about the people being British but the cows being Irish was done for a reason. Boris needs to win an election first though.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The Guardian is a fucking disgrace! And yet, sadly, I still find myself reading it more than any other paper, as the rest are even worse. Anyhow, Ian Blackford played a blinder, as did Jo Swinson, tbf. 

They must have read the tweets I sent them, both posts have now been edited to say Ian Blackford 🙄

Well done! I briefly contemplated signing up to comment on their ineptitude, but frankly couldn't be arsed. In a way, seeing the paper displaying it's great interest in and knowledge of Scottish politicians was quite instructive.

Who is incompetent precisely?

Well I specifically mean the incompetent arseholes who engage in the shit flinging bigoted politics of Northern Ireland resulting in it being a failed state which can’t even form a functioning government because each side in the farce is so unwilling to compromise due to centuries old partisan shite that has absolutely no place in the modern world.

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well I specifically mean the incompetent arseholes who engage in the shit flinging bigoted politics of Northern Ireland resulting in it being a failed state which can’t even form a functioning government because each side in the farce is so unwilling to compromise due to centuries old partisan shite that has absolutely no place in the modern world.

That's f*** all to do with the backstop.

So parliament suspended and the PM has been instructed to seek an extension to Brexit from the EU. PM says he would rather die in a ditch than do so.

He doesn't have a working majority in parliament and thus failed to get his snap election.

Where does he go from here?