The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

Just watched Johnson's speech at the UN - his performance confirmed what we all already knew, he is a complete buffoon. And with all of his classical and literary references, he didn't half come across as a "girly swot" - I guess it's all relative, eh?

As with Trump before him, the delegates were laughing at him, not with him.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

33 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just watched Johnson's speech at the UN - his performance confirmed what we all already knew, he is a complete buffoon. And with all of his classical and literary references, he didn't half come across as a "girly swot" - I guess its all relative, eh?

As with Trump before him, the delegates were laughing at him, not with him.

image.png.f2b4ddab8daaa570614f365a815ead16.png

image.png.d5e3fbd8f15013e72e1332152ea78059.png

I think he's lost it.

The Thoughts of Joris Bonson.....from inaugural UN speech.

“In the future, voice connectivity will be in every room and almost every object: your mattress will monitor your nightmares; your fridge will beep for more cheese.”

“A future Alexa will pretend to take orders. But this Alexa will be watching you, clucking her tongue and stamping her foot.”

“You may keep secrets from your friends, from your parents, your children, your doctor – even your personal trainer – but it takes real effort to conceal your thoughts from Google.”

“AI – what will it mean? Helpful robots washing and caring for an ageing population? Or pink-eyed terminators sent back from the future to cull the human race?”

“What will synthetic biology stand for – restoring our livers and our eyes with miracle regeneration of the tissues, like some fantastic hangover cure? Or will it bring terrifying limbless chickens to our tables?”

“When Prometheus brought fire to mankind. In a tube of fennel, as you may remember, that Zeus punished him by chaining him to a Tartarean crag while his liver was pecked out by an eagle. And every time his liver regrew the eagle came back and pecked it again. And this went on forever – a bit like the experience of Brexit in the UK, if some of our parliamentarians had their way.”

Buffoon.........a dangerous, narcissistic buffoon. ☹️

29 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The Thoughts of Joris Bonson.....from inaugural UN speech.

“In the future, voice connectivity will be in every room and almost every object: your mattress will monitor your nightmares; your fridge will beep for more cheese.”

“A future Alexa will pretend to take orders. But this Alexa will be watching you, clucking her tongue and stamping her foot.”

“You may keep secrets from your friends, from your parents, your children, your doctor – even your personal trainer – but it takes real effort to conceal your thoughts from Google.”

This accurately - if floridly - describes contemporary surveillance capitalism.

I'm guessing that this is a genuine worry from Boris. He really doesn't want anyone to know what he is thinking about.

Just had a wee look at the accounts of Hacker House UK, the company run by Boris Johnson’s “good friend” Jennifer Arcuri.

From July 2017 to July 2018 it went from being £36k in the red to £715k in the red!

Some going for a company in only its second year of trading and which was started with £1 of share capital.

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just had a wee look at the accounts of Hacker House UK, the company run by Boris Johnson’s “good friend” Jennifer Arcuri.

From July 2017 to July 2018 it went from being £36k in the red to £715k in the red!

Some going for a company in only its second year of trading and which was started with £1 of share capital.

Her mum's got a nice way with words.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/mum-jennifer-arcuri-says-boris-20169926

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

This accurately - if floridly - describes contemporary surveillance capitalism.

I'm guessing that this is a genuine worry from Boris. He really doesn't want anyone to know what he is thinking about.

He doesn't want anyone to know what he and his 'pals' actually get up to.

Perhaps, AI, if used properly, would be programmed (developed, whatever the correct term) to spot criminal activity. 

Now, AI would never have gone to Eton (or any other institution with an old boys network) and would be unable to tell the 'real' crims from the privileged toffs (or American billionaires) and would treat them all the same. 

I have no idea if AI can be 'corrupted'.   I know feck all about AI except what I've seen in films and that rarely ends well, but if the likes of Johnson are worried about it then it just might be a good thing.

11 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I know feck all about AI except what I've seen in films and that rarely ends well, but if the likes of Johnson are worried about it then it just might be a good thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/jan/20/shoshana-zuboff-age-of-surveillance-capitalism-google-facebook

I've got this in my to be read pile.