Peterhead v Falkirk

Falkirk getting there eyes opened like various clubs supporters in the past.
Like those before many thought the "seaside" would be a fun wee swan around the country enjoying the day oot and winning games easily
As the only totally full time team in the league everybody else is going to make it hard for you.
Enjoy as theres many more saturdays like yesterday to come before next may

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Post match interviews are a total minter too. Worse than Houston.

That was the first interview by McKinnon where he seemed lost for ideas, wabbling on clueless repeating himself with dribble.  we then had son of McKinnon (Tidser)wabble on in a similar fashion, Tidser who has yet to kick a ball for us

Houston would've been an angry man wanting to break people and looking for answers with that display.

6 hours ago, ka202 said:

No Falkirk fan thinks Falkirk will win the league by a large margin.

I said before a ball was kicked, only Ray can stop us winning the league, nothing so far has changed my mind.

With the biggest budget in the league, we will have less players than most clubs, he can go on about lack of numbers but he has obviously has been given a pot of X to spend and he has spent it

Edited by MrDust

I dont think Falkirk fans have been overly arrogant or anything. Its just that the squad (on paper) look like they could hold their own in the league above. Add to that being full time and having more resources for January you can see why we'd consider ourselves favourites.

I was listening to the Terrace lower league preview and they mentioned something i hadn't considered. A lot of teams tend to try and sign the best of the league that they get relegated into, getting players on the up with form and confidence. We seem to have a squad of the exact opposite, almost everyone playing at a level below what they're used to and almost all coming off poor seasons too. So on paper we look decent but we need a bit more spark in the team to do well.

The ‘food van’ is only there when decent away numbers are forecasted.  Pity they didn’t have another van outside to keep abody happy.  Lesson learned maybe.  
Hope the large number enjoyed their day out in the sun. Bit of fireworks thrown in as well .. 

Aye. They were the only fireworks on the pitch on Saturday.....

Yes I will. You get a budget to build a squad. He built a squad of 18 knowing he would suffer injury/suspension. That’s over confidence in my book.
He said early in pre-season few was looking to run with a squad of around 20. Since then he's made it clear he doesn't consider the young lad part of the first team squad. That puts us 3 short of the numbers he wants /expects. When asked about numbers, we've all been in agreement on here that Ray's responses show he's not happy with the size of the squad and rightfully so.

Five subs on the bench used to be the norm and you can only use 3. The bench yesterday had cover for most positions, so I don't see that as an issue.

MC said there is a trialist in just now and the board were working on getting 2 more in soon.

The window closes at the start of September, when most of the loans will be sorted out. Unfortunately that will be 5 games into the season by then.

1 minute ago, mic_17_uk said:

He said early in pre-season few was looking to run with a squad of around 20. Since then he's made it clear he doesn't consider the young lad part of the first team squad. That puts us 3 short of the numbers he wants /expects. When asked about numbers, we've all been in agreement on here that Ray's responses show he's not happy with the size of the squad and rightfully so.

Five subs on the bench used to be the norm and you can only use 3. The bench yesterday had cover for most positions, so I don't see that as an issue.

MC said there is a trialist in just now and the board were working on getting 2 more in soon.

The window closes at the start of September, when most of the loans will be sorted out. Unfortunately that will be 5 games into the season by then.

So he’s deliberately went 3 short ?? Not sure what your point is mate.

Yes I will. You get a budget to build a squad. He built a squad of 18 knowing he would suffer injury/suspension. That’s over confidence in my book.
But do we know at what point the financial rug was pulled from under him? That a fair point if he was given a defined pot of money but if it was player by player then the MSG suddenly decided the well was dry? Can you trust that its all Rays fault?
Yes we were tbf but tactically he’s not right for us.
His style is really negative.
But he’s very popular amongst a large section of our support which is great from a fan point of view.
Is he? Im not too sure about. I liked his appointment but I am far from a fan now. I am on the fence with him and I have been one of the last to fall to the other side for both Houston and Hartley.
Falkirk getting there eyes opened like various clubs supporters in the past.
Like those before many thought the "seaside" would be a fun wee swan around the country enjoying the day oot and winning games easily
As the only totally full time team in the league everybody else is going to make it hard for you.
Enjoy as theres many more saturdays like yesterday to come before next may
Not having this. Bravado aside, no one is disrespecting this league or expecting an easy ride.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

But do we know at what point the financial rug was pulled from under him? That a fair point if he was given a defined pot of money but if it was player by player then the MSG suddenly decided the well was dry? Can you trust that its all Rays fault?Is he? Im not too sure about. I liked his appointment but I am far from a fan now. I am on the fence with him and I have been one of the last to fall to the other side for both Houston and Hartley.Not having this. Bravado aside, no one is disrespecting this league or expecting an easy ride.

He was a very popular appointment amongst a large section of our support mate. 

Even when he managed us to relegation he was given the support of a good number of our fans.

I don’t want him sacked as we are doing that too often now but I’m not impressed but what I’ve seen over past few months either.

Even when he managed us to relegation he was given the support of a good number of our fans.
I don’t want him sacked as we are doing that too often now but I’m not impressed but what I’ve seen over past few months either.
I just dont know how you are quantifying that. I suspect you may be mistaking the fact that so much ire is directed at others as support for him.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I just dont know how you are quantifying that. I suspect you may be mistaking the fact that so much ire is directed at others as support for him.

It’s just a feeling and he never got a lot of stick when we went down.

So he’s deliberately went 3 short ?? Not sure what your point is mate.
You're saying his over confidence is why we had 5 on the bench. Like Ray is happy with the size of the squad.

I'm saying I disagree and that there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I'm also asking, what is the problem with having 5 subs yesterday? Sure, it's riddie. But it shouldn't have any material effect on the game. We'd have simply had 2 more players who didn't get a game yesterday.

Very happy with that result. Seems to be the same game plan we used against Caley and Dundee and it is good to see that it works and we can keep clean sheets.

Surprised at how little threat Falkirk offered  considering how much ball they had, but I also think some the the defending from us was top notch.  Was a bitty shocked at the Falkirk fans booing their players at the end.

2 hours ago, Wardy said:

You say that but some of these part time players keep themselves fit along with the 2 nights training they do with their clubs. 

We only have one session a week involving everyone with players doing fitness training themselves. Derek Lyle 38 & Willie Gibson would put some half their age to shame fitness wise. The only other thing the likes of Falkirk may find happening which has been seen before now you can put a premier league player in the second division they eventually regress to that level.

29 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

You're saying his over confidence is why we had 5 on the bench. Like Ray is happy with the size of the squad.

I'm saying I disagree and that there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

I'm also asking, what is the problem with having 5 subs yesterday? Sure, it's riddie. But it shouldn't have any material effect on the game. We'd have simply had 2 more players who didn't get a game yesterday.

We can agree to disagree mate. I think competition for places is healthy and encourages more effort and you don’t think it does.

We can agree to disagree mate. I think competition for places is healthy and encourages more effort and you don’t think it does.
I certainly don't agree with that statement.

We'd both like a bigger squad. Happy to draw a line here.

McKinnon has largely avoided any flak for taking us down last season (probably due to off the park issues) but he certainly has no good will left in the tank with me.

He should have kept us up last season and he should have this team easily winning this league.

Need a big win next week at home. Anything else he should be coming under major pressure.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

But do we know at what point the financial rug was pulled from under him? That a fair point if he was given a defined pot of money but if it was player by player then the MSG suddenly decided the well was dry? Can you trust that its all Rays fault?Is he? Im not too sure about. I liked his appointment but I am far from a fan now. I am on the fence with him and I have been one of the last to fall to the other side for both Houston and Hartley.Not having this. Bravado aside, no one is disrespecting this league or expecting an easy ride.

It's natural for fans of teams coming down from a higher league to be optimistic at getting back to where the think they belong; no fault there, its not arrogance. But as we found out everyone will be gunning for you, the tackling is  often brutal  - we lost all our quick skillful players to long term injury, and they got no protection from the refs who are generally of an even worse standard than the Championship. Forget about playing teams off the park,  most teams wont let you play.

Edited by Raith_Raver

10 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

It's natural for fans of teams coming down from a higher league to be optimistic at getting back to where the think they belong; no fault there, its not arrogance. But as we found out everyone will be gunning for you, the tackling is  often brutal  - we lost all our quick skillful players to long term injury, and they got no protection from the refs who are generally of an even worse standard than the Championship. Forget about playing teams off the park,  most teams wont let you play.

Your whole post epitomises total arrogance mate.