Peterhead v Falkirk

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Peterhead were shite, we were marginally but only marginally better

:lol:

A draw was a fair result but I would be interested to know where Falkirk were better as I thought we were the more likely to score as the game went on.  I expected the full time status of Falkirk to see you take control as the game wore on bit it was actually the opposite.

Going by the predictions thread, Falkirk were expected to win this comfortably.  It's going to be a long season for you if that's the level you will be playing at.

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Falkirk should be winning the league by a double digit points tally when you consider how much our players will be getting paid in comparison to the rest of the league.

You can pay players any amount you like......they're still the same player.

The fact you're paying more doesn't mean they're trying any harder than any other player getting less cash.

As has been pointed out by many we don't have any proper width. Most Falkirk fans could see we needed to retain Robson to give good width on the left and if we needed to have Dixon then be used primarily as a centre back and then cover for left back.

McKinnon just wanted to give too many contracts to his old pals.

Still think we should win the league but it could be a turgid slog

I dont think hindsight will show this to be a bad result. We have issues but we are a tad over the top

It was a bad result and a bad performance caused mainly by the way the team was set up.
Also the managers decision to punt Robson in favour of Dixon was shown to be a shocker every time a “cross” came in from our left back.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think hindsight will show this to be a bad result. We have issues but we are a tad over the top

18 away draws and 18 home wins should see us ok......then again 

1 hour ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

You can pay players any amount you like......they're still the same player.

The fact you're paying more doesn't mean they're trying any harder than any other player getting less cash.

Mental that Man City have started winning trophies from nowhere given their players just needed to try harder beforehand.

Had a look at the Falkirk highlights & as at the time happy with the draw & good effort from the team, would have been interesting if Rory had been available he would have rumbled up the Falkirk defenders a lot more & would have fancied him to convert one of the free kicks we got. Anyway apart from the food van at the away end makes a nice change to see such a good turnout in the away end without any complaints about getting to the town which some other supports moan about having to travel more than 30mins to a game hopefully they will return later in the season. Was having a wee laugh at McKinnon saying the pitch was too dry will see what he makes of it when we have the more usual 30mph wind howling & horizontal rain instead of yesterdays tropical weather.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

That we did, and most of us are old enough to have witnessed it :)

It's not about watching games though, it's about our cup finals, which was erroneously implied were playing against Raith Rovers. :thumbsdown

So answer the question, what are your (Raith Rovers FC) cup finals, or was it the only one?  And can you confirm if any were won (or lost) on penalties please? :rolleyes:

I'm sure the Falkirk fans would have no bother in answering that question about their club's major achievements, if asked?

Edited by YoungersPaleAle

36 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

It's not about watching games though, it's about our cup finals, which was erroneously implied were playing against Raith Rovers. :thumbsdown

So answer the question, what are your (Raith Rovers FC) cup finals, or was it the only one?  And can you confirm if any were won (or lost) on penalties please? :rolleyes:

You will no doubt be of a different opinion but this thread is not about East Fife and their ancient cup history.

Edited by Raith_Raver

22 minutes ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

I'm sure the Falkirk fans would have no bother in answering that question about their club's major achievements, if asked?

You're in danger of coming across like a Morton fan here; gloating about past achievements that occurred long before you were ever born. So what?

Yes, most of us can probably recite that we won the Scottish Cup in 1913 and 1957. It's part of my family history because I know that my grandfather was at the first match and that my newly-wed parents were at the second. My father also attended the League Cup final that you lot beat us in a decade (ish) previously.

None of that makes me feel I have bragging rights over other teams. I wasn't there to see any of it after all.

I do take pride in the achievements that I've witnessed though. Championship titles won, promotions, playing in Europe, Challenge cup wins, three Scottish cup finals (getting there was always more enjoyable than the big day itself), the magic of Stainrod, Latapy and Crunchie, beating Celtic at four separate grounds, witnessing defeats of the Old Firm rise into double figures and of course a multitude of humiliations that we've inflicted on the Edinburgh twins.

My 41 seasons watching Falkirk have given a lot of highlights. I don't recall much from Raith, other than a League Cup win and taking a lead against Bayern Munich, but at least their fans have something to look back on.

What do East Fife have? Please enlighten me.

Dont post on here often, but avid reader and just love the way Bainsfordbairn comes in and handles out the telts!!

You're in danger of coming across like a Morton fan here; gloating about past achievements that occurred long before you were ever born. So what?
Yes, most of us can probably recite that we won the Scottish Cup in 1913 and 1957. It's part of my family history because I know that my grandfather was at the first match and that my newly-wed parents were at the second. My father also attended the League Cup final that you lot beat us in a decade (ish) previously.
None of that makes me feel I have bragging rights over other teams. I wasn't there to see any of it after all.
I do take pride in the achievements that I've witnessed though. Championship titles won, promotions, playing in Europe, Challenge cup wins, three Scottish cup finals (getting there was always more enjoyable than the big day itself), the magic of Stainrod, Latapy and Crunchie, beating Celtic at four separate grounds, witnessing defeats of the Old Firm rise into double figures and of course a multitude of humiliations that we've inflicted on the Edinburgh twins.
My 41 seasons watching Falkirk have given a lot of highlights. I don't recall much from Raith, other than a League Cup win and taking a lead against Bayern Munich, but at least their fans have something to look back on.

36 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

A closet Raith fan, eh? :thumbsdown  Who is bragging?  Facts have just been stated, whether or not you like those facts.