Peterhead v Falkirk

Injured in the warm up

Thought we did well against a full time team, particularly in the second half. 
Did Gibson get injured in warm up ? , or a typo on team sheet ! 
Think Falkirk will win the league , but not by the margin some supporters think.  Tough leagues 

just watched the "highlights" and that's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. barely anything worth watching at all

looked very poor from us.

expected a full time side to get stronger against a part time side second half however looks like we went backwards. we need to leverage full time fitness this season and stretch teams. looked like we had no width. Tommy Robson would have tore this league up.

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

just watched the "highlights" and that's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. barely anything worth watching at all

looked very poor from us.

expected a full time side to get stronger against a part time side second half however looks like we went backwards. we need to leverage full time fitness this season and stretch teams. looked like we had no width. Tommy Robson would have tore this league up.

You say that but some of these part time players keep themselves fit along with the 2 nights training they do with their clubs. 

You say that but some of these part time players keep themselves fit along with the 2 nights training they do with their clubs. 

totally appreciate and agree that. part time players are fitter now than ever, however a full time player should still have an edge. not just in fitness but with time to work on own tactics opposition weaknesses etc

15 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
25 minutes ago, Wardy said:

totally appreciate and agree that. part time players are fitter now than ever, however a full time player should still have an edge. not just in fitness but with time to work on own tactics opposition weaknesses etc

Maybe Dixon & Doyle could find the time to practice standing on one leg whilst swinging the other until the bony bit at the end connects with the ball ... and crosses it into the fucking box.

Seriously, full time professional "athletes" who cannot do the fundamental job required of them. 

I also think we're using Connor Sammon wrong. At one point yesterday he collected the ball to feet and raced away from a defender after giving him a head start - seriously quick. However, we're just using him as the big target man to lump long balls in the air at. 

50 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

McKinnon out. Hopefully that's one thing we are assured of with this takeover. 

He won't do. We should have comfortably the best squad of players in this division and he's going to have is playing turgid shite. 

Post match interviews are a total minter too. Worse than Houston.

Hopefully you are right. He’s the guy who relegated us and his style of football is brutal.

I also think starting yesterday with only 5 on the bench is total over confidence. 

We will need to see what happens but yesterday was awful. He’s a boring, boring tactician and it’s shocking to watch us under him.

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Embarrassing post. Even your fellow fans will consider you a cretin for this one.

Doubt they'll care to be honest as they've more important things to worry about. Like crowd wanking and how long do I have to wait for food to shove in my fat puss. 

Hopefully you are right. He’s the guy who relegated us and his style of football is brutal.
I also think starting yesterday with only 5 on the bench is total over confidence. 
We will need to see what happens but yesterday was awful. He’s a boring, boring tactician and it’s shocking to watch us under him.
Starting with 5 on the bench is nothing to do with confidence. Will you think that next week when there's 4 on the bench?

1 minute ago, mic_17_uk said:
8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Starting with 5 on the bench is nothing to do with confidence. Will you think that next week when there's 4 on the bench?

Yes I will. You get a budget to build a squad. He built a squad of 18 knowing he would suffer injury/suspension. That’s over confidence in my book.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We were all really pleased with the quality, if not the quantity, of the players that he signed close season but his tactics are holding them back. If the style of play and results haven't improved by the end of August he has to go.

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

We were all really pleased with the quality, if not the quantity, of the players that he signed close season but his tactics are holding them back. If the style of play and results haven't improved by the end of August he has to go.

Yes we were tbf but tactically he’s not right for us.

His style is really negative.

But he’s very popular amongst a large section of our support which is great from a fan point of view.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

The ‘food van’ is only there when decent away numbers are forecasted.  Pity they didn’t have another van outside to keep abody happy.  Lesson learned maybe.  

Hope the large number enjoyed their day out in the sun. Bit of fireworks thrown in as well .. 

The ‘food van’ is only there when decent away numbers are forecasted.  Pity they didn’t have another van outside to keep abody happy.  Lesson learned maybe.  
Hope the large number enjoyed their day out in the sun. Bit of fireworks thrown in as well .. 

Social Club was cracking. Although the guy running it was a little shocked when the first buses turned up at 1115am [emoji23]