Celtic vs Dunfermline

parxyz

13 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I've no problem with the 'Stand up if you hate Celtic' stuff, it's a football match at the end of the day and that's football banter, no big deal. 

The constant chants about peadophilia though, which was a constant all afternoon and the vile chant about Jay Beattie were amongst the worst ive heard at the football in years, ive heard some really horrid shit sung at times, including on occasion by our own fans but that yesterday was up there with the worst ive listened to, a large section of the Dunfermline support yesterday were utter scum, pure and simple, I'd like to think that no one on here would try and play it down or belittle it.

Magee84.

10 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I've no problem with the 'Stand up if you hate Celtic' stuff, it's a football match at the end of the day and that's football banter, no big deal. 

The constant chants about peadophilia though, which was a constant all afternoon and the vile chant about Jay Beattie were amongst the worst ive heard at the football in years, ive heard some really horrid shit sung at times, including on occasion by our own fans but that yesterday was up there with the worst ive listened to, a large section of the Dunfermline support yesterday were utter scum, pure and simple, I'd like to think that no one on here would try and play it down or belittle it.

They were singing Beadooo all game, I agree there was some shite being sung yesterday, however if the Celtic club stewards didn't take action then I'm not sure there is much that can be done. If that's the worst you have heard in years then you are quite clearly at it. I would argue that the physical violence of the Celtic support is far more of a concern as if it hadn't been for the quick action of the police it could have been a lot worse.

3 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

They were singing Beadooo all game, I agree there was some shite being sung yesterday, however if the Celtic club stewards didn't take action then I'm not sure there is much that can be done. If that's the worst you have heard in years then you are quite clearly at it. I would argue that the physical violence of the Celtic support is far more of a concern as if it hadn't been for the quick action of the police it could have been a lot worse.

This is a very Old Firmy post.

Some solid 8/10 whataboutery with an added dash of "your club employ the stewards, so it's really your fault we can't behave".

Never ever have I seen such blatant shameless hypocrisy. Yes the chants were in poor taste and yes I think there probably were unfortunately a few **** in our end. The facts are this however;
Our chants yesterday were from a small minority of 16/17 y/o fannies trying to get a reaction.
Your club's whole identity and history is built upon hatred and animosity towards protestants.
Don't you dare come out and try and take that moral high ground, your fans are the (2nd) worst in the country and there can be no denial of that. You're just lucky you've got your ugly sister doing worse to belittle everything that your fans do.

Never ever have I seen such blatant shameless hypocrisy. Yes the chants were in poor taste and yes I think there probably were unfortunately a few **** in our end. The facts are this however;
Our chants yesterday were from a small minority of 16/17 y/o fannies trying to get a reaction.
Your club's whole identity and history is built upon hatred and animosity towards protestants.
Don't you dare come out and try and take that moral high ground, your fans are the (2nd) worst in the country and there can be no denial of that. You're just lucky you've got your ugly sister doing worse to belittle everything that your fans do.

Small minorities eh.

I didn't join in with any of the questionable chants and many of them have no place at any football game anyway. Having said that, the Green Brigade (when they show up) opened up the whole F***** B****** stuff with their banner the other day, and while the singing was pretty poor at times, there's no way that was the worst there's been at Celtic Park. It's a shame but these games always attract a fair share of idiots and/or folk who think that they need to have several pints before a game for some reason and to be fair to the stewards and police, I thought they handled things pretty well (better than those at say Dens Park).

I didn't join in with any of the questionable chants and many of them have no place at any football game anyway. Having said that, the Green Brigade (when they show up) opened up the whole F***** B****** stuff with their banner

It ok to use the 1st word without the 2nd, no idea why you think they go together, they didn’t in the green brigade banner you referenced.

No child abuse scandals at Celtic Park? Sweep, sweep...

Maybe if you weren’t paying out for having child abusers in the club’s employ and your club failing to act, then there would be no misheard chants? Sounds like the chants hit a nerve.

No one at Celtic Park has ever chanted abuse, ever. Ya whataboutery merchants.

Tragic post. Not something that should be made light of. There’s chanting abuse & then there is this, neither are comparable.

The Dumfermers deserve nothing out the game parking a couple of buses is the only plan.
Even thou it was a decent number they reminded me of the Airdrie fans last season utter scum.
When teams like St Johnstone and Kilmarnock have the same tactics it's always a matter of time before Celtic score.
Games like this are not about the performance they are about the result nearly 30 games in cups without losing fecking incredible.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The Dumfermers deserve nothing out the game parking a couple of buses is the only plan.
Even thou it was a decent number they reminded me of the Airdrie fans last season utter scum.
When teams like St Johnstone and Kilmarnock have the same tactics it's always a matter of time before Celtic score.
Games like this are not about the performance they are about the result nearly 30 games in cups without losing fecking incredible.

BINGO

Next time just cut to the chase and say we should go all out attack and get pumped. 

Why would any team go to Celtic park and set up to attack thus leaving space for a £20m strike force to exploit. You didn't move the ball about anywhere near fast enough, don't blame our excellent defending and our tactics if a team probably 50 or 100 more expensive can't ease past us that's on you not us. We countered a few times and were pretty effective scoring when it mattered so clearly our only tactic wasn't park the bus as we had numerous players getting forward when he had possession, parking the bus insinuates that only 1 or 2 players went forward when that's clearly not the case.

9 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

don't blame our excellent defending and our tactics

You seem to have misunderstood my post at which point did I blame our teams tactics?
It is expected the buses will be parked,as I said it's only a matter of time before Celtic score.
Why fans think it's a great tactic is beyond me they very rarely get a result? 

1 hour ago, parxyz said:

Classic whataboutery....

.....and I will take the moral high ground as I wasn't singing about peadophilia for point scoring purposes. Your 'support' were !

For winning absolutely everything going, the Victim fans aren’t taking this well. We deserved nothing because we parked the bus? Ok, sorry for having such an enormous gulf in our wage and transfer budget, maybe we should have just played attacking football like we normally do and let you guys win 6-0?

Never heard a bigger bunch of greetin’ faced bairns in all my life.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You seem to have misunderstood my post at which point did I blame our teams tactics?
It is expected the buses will be parked,as I said it's only a matter of time before Celtic score.

You said we deserved nothing out the game, however it took a wicked deflection to avoid penalties. Celtic should steam roll every team they play domestically, Ajax have a smaller budget. Instead of moaning about the away teams tactics maybe it would be better to look closer to home and see that your team were found wanting. Dare I say that you are paying mediocre players over the odds and paying more in transfer fees than you ought to be.

You also quoted the bit when I said our teams tactics for the avoidance of doubt I'm not a Celtic fan

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The last time we visited the Old Firm with a "have a go" approach to the game, Rangers scudded us 6-0. 

Out of interest, what were Celtic's tactics when you beat Barcelona?  I suppose you sat watching the game that night thinking, "fucking negative fitbaw, wish Lennon would stop parking the bus." 

I actually sat in the Celtic end for this as my in-laws are Celtic fans and got me a ticket. I didn't actually expect us to do anything that could threaten my intrusion in the home end - but I was gladly surprised!

First of all that was one of the most disciplined and structured defensive performances I've seen from the Pars. That was a strong Celtic side and it was really pleasing to see us play so well in a different manner, as opposed to our high energy game we've been used to. It looks like we have a manager who can adapt his team based on the opposition.

I know it had already been said but that was Lewis Martin's crowning moment in a Pars top. Simply outstanding - it was really cruel the deflected winner came off him.

I was keen to see the highlights back in terms of our shout for a penalty in the last moments of the game and I do think Ntcham clips Ashcroft. However I needed to watch the clip a couple of times and I may have been wanting to see something rather than there actually being anything!

Being in the Celtic end, their fans seemed to have a bit of a European hangover and that this game was merely a formality for them. Certainly once we equalised it livened up the crowd and you could sense the tension and unhappiness. Impressive turnout from our fans and we made plenty of noise which was great. I can't condone the 'paedo' chants though - child abuse is something that can't be weaponized in order to score points over the opposition.