Wheel vs Rock - the unexpectedly early return

43 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I know fans can be guilty of being OTT with how shite they during a bad run of form but we'd genuinely struggle in League 2 this season.

Duffy has signed an embarassingly bad squad but no one really seems to be questioning him.

Weren't Dumbarton late in signing player pre the ridiculous league cup starting, you weren't alone but were more guiltier than others.

That from outside stinks more towards money or board.

Duffy has proven enough not be just lucky over the years 

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Weren't Dumbarton late in signing player pre the ridiculous league cup starting, you weren't alone but were more guiltier than others.

For me the signs of having absolutely no fucking cash were there early on this pre-season, we lost the likes of Craig Barr to Cowdenbeath, Boaby Barr to East Stirling in the Lowland League, Cammy Ballantyne, Calum Gallacher, to rival League 1 clubs, the list goes on. 

We're paying peanuts & our situation is perilous

54 minutes ago, MrDust said:

How hes still getting jobs is beyond me. Guys had how many seasons as a manager and has what one league one title to his name.  Should've been put out his misery years ago.

47 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

For me the signs of having absolutely no fucking cash were there early on this pre-season, we lost the likes of Craig Barr to Cowdenbeath, Boaby Barr to East Stirling in the Lowland League, Cammy Ballantyne, Calum Gallacher, to rival League 1 clubs, the list goes on. 

We're paying peanuts & our situation is perilous

As long as your happy!🤣

You have to fear for Dumbarton after that. We did put together some lovely passing moves (4th goal = yum) with Telfer and Connolly both in absolute baller mode, but we were certainly helped by some static defending and questionable decision making. I can't remember us ever cutting through a team so easily who had been set up so defensively 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

How hes still getting jobs is beyond me. Guys had how many seasons as a manager and has what one league one title to his name.  Should've been put out his misery years ago.

Punched above his weight at Morton, took Dumbarton of bottom spot.

He has practical skills, perhaps not that 20-25% more required but if given the tools he wouldn't have done a Hartley.

Are we in any position to point whilst we have McKinnon?

8 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Yes Dumbarton were rotten, but we played some excellent stuff there today. The rubbing off the ball ans interchanging if passes were superb.

I’m with you Craw. A really good team performance and the attacking performance we have all been shouting out for.

Lets focus on the positives from us today and not start banging on about Dumbarton being rotten.

I think I’m in love with Conor Sammon.  I’m just worried he’ll destroy me in the same way he destroyed the Sons’ defence.

Some of our passing in our own half was really ropey today, but who cares?  Connolly and Telfer has a great first half, Doyle was great down the wing and McManus is doing pretty well for a rat...plus of course the big man...

I do worry for Dumbarton though, they just seemed to give up after the first and certainly second goals.

24 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Punched above his weight at Morton, took Dumbarton of bottom spot.

He has practical skills, perhaps not that 20-25% more required but if given the tools he wouldn't have done a Hartley.

Are we in any position to point whilst we have McKinnon?

McKinnon is an infinitely better manager than Jim Duffy in 2019.

Today's game had me thinking of a Leeds v Bradford game I attended.

5-1 half time, many Leeds friends stayed in bar for 2nd half knowing that the 1st half they had peaked, it ended up 6-1.

Bradford weren't as horrific as Dumbarton, Bradford singing 6-5 we're gonna win 6,5 lives with me.

Hopefully we kick on, beating Dumbarton isn't a turning point