The Big Relegation Thread

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns saying Kilmarnock have signed Kyle Lafferty.

4 goals in 29 games in the past 3 seasons.

Your definition of "last three seasons" is interesting here, given that you're actually talking about an 18 month period which included a 6 month stoppage for a pandemic.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Your definition of "last three seasons" is interesting here, given that you're actually talking about an 18 month period which included a 6 month stoppage for a pandemic.

His last 3 footballing seasons he's scored 4 goals in 29 games.

I used "seasons" instead of "years" for a reason, and mentioned games played to counter the postponement of football.

The free agent market in February isn’t the kind of place you want to be shopping in. It really is bottom of the barrel stuff.
Reminds me of the season we sold Kenny McLean on the last day of the window and replaced him with free agent Alan Gow in February.
Got relegated a few months later.

6 minutes ago, Lex said:

The free agent market in February isn’t the kind of place you want to be shopping in. It really is bottom of the barrel stuff.
Reminds me of the season we sold Kenny McLean on the last day of the window and replaced him with free agent Alan Gow in February.

Did Victor Genev and Djemba-Djemba not arrive under similar circumstances?

19 minutes ago, Lex said:

Ah but you are forgetting we can’t be relegated.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Did you have a bad case of amnesia in 2012, better sit down and take deep breaths, here's what happened.

See the source image

If Rangers are dead then they can't be temporarily top of the league, Scottish football fans must act now and demand that the SFA removes them immediately. 

Good work in exposing this generic Livi fan.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I used "seasons" instead of "years" for a reason, and mentioned games played to counter the postponement of football.

last two and a bit seasons, 2018-2019, 2019-2020, 2020-2021.... he has scored 10 goals in 62 games for 5 clubs.

Keeping up his average scoring rate of a goal whenever he can be arsed.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No, you used "seasons" for one of two reasons - either you were being deliberately misleading, or you only looked at the last three rows of his Wikipedia entry. In reality, nobody who watches a team in a winter league would consider games played from August-December 2019 and games played from January-March 2020 to be in two different seasons, especially not if you then try to include games played from September-December 2020 as being a third season.

For any sensible person, Lafferty's 2018/19 at Rangers would count as being within the last three seasons, the main reason being that it is within the last three seasons.

Lafferty seems like a perfectly reasonable signing for a bottom 6 premiership team to me. He's only 33, had played at a decent level, and is proven in this league. The big issue will be how quickly they can get him fit and firing.