The Big Relegation Thread

Is there any precedence of a team having to go to a relegation rival for a third time after the split? We're 'due' home games against Killie, County and Motherwell but having played 17 at home we'll be away to one of these sides again. Killie should get three home games having played 17 away - County, Livi/Hibs/St Mirren and one more. Looking at it the easiest way of resolving this (I think) is having us at Rugby Park again but seems unfair all things considered. 

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I'm just waiting to find out if there is a way Motherwell can't go down...

538 reckons its now impossible for you to finish in the bottom two, presumably as all the teams below you cant pick up enough points while playing each other.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

538 reckons its now impossible for you to finish in the bottom two, presumably as all the teams below you cant pick up enough points while playing each other.

That's what I was waiting on but we're only 8 points above. 
Where/what is 538?

14 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Is there any precedence of a team having to go to a relegation rival for a third time after the split? We're 'due' home games against Killie, County and Motherwell but having played 17 at home we'll be away to one of these sides again. Killie should get three home games having played 17 away - County, Livi/Hibs/St Mirren and one more. Looking at it the easiest way of resolving this (I think) is having us at Rugby Park again but seems unfair all things considered. 

Don't know about anyone else, but St Mirren went to Falkirk three times in 2009/10.

I wonder if they'd send Celtgers away to each other for a third time. Why not?

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The last round of pre-split fixtures has become very interesting, with 4 of the fixtures between a team trying to confirm top 6 and a team fighting the relegation/play-off places

Hearts v County

United v Livi

St Johnstone v Hibs

St Mirren v Killie

A good illustration of why the split semantics work. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

538 are talking bollocks.

If County win all their games they would end on 45 points. Killie could still then win 5 games, leaving them on 43 points, and United could still win 4 games, leaving them on 40 points, all above Motherwells current total.

Of course, none of that will happen and Motherwell are effectively safe, but its premature to say they are arithmetically safe.

6 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

A lot of debate and discussion in here. 

If it helps you guys, as someone who watches them every week, Kilmarnock are definitely going down. 100%.

McInnes is the worst manager I've ever seen, and that's saying something.

I’d swap him for Callum in a minute

19 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

A lot of debate and discussion in here. 

If it helps you guys, as someone who watches them every week, Kilmarnock are definitely going down. 100%.

McInnes is the worst manager I've ever seen, and that's saying something.

Surely you can't be as bad as when you went down last time? Genuine question, btw. You were honking that year.

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Surely you can't be as bad as when you went down last time? Genuine question, btw. You were honking that year.

Worse. 

Dyer at least had us scoring goals. Other previous managers who could potentially take the "worst manager ever" mantle were at least capable of picking up some sort of points away from home. 

The football under McInnes has been genuinely atrocious. 

4 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We have momentum now, which is huge. We're not out of the woods by any means, but the improvement since we changed managers is genuinely amazing.

It was harsh for folk to judge Goodwin on the job he done at Aberdeen, probably because he got the United job soon after its still very fresh in folks minds, but he done well with us and Alloa. 

He looks to have signed some gems for Aberdeen, surprisingly he built a piss poor defence, where as with us it was the opposite. 

You'd imagine if he keeps you lot up he gets the gig permanent? 

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It was harsh for folk to judge Goodwin on the job he done at Aberdeen, probably because he got the United job soon after its still very fresh in folks minds, but he done well with us and Alloa. 

He looks to have signed some gems for Aberdeen, surprisingly he built a piss poor defence, where as with us it was the opposite. 

You'd imagine if he keeps you lot up he gets the gig permanent? 

I hope so. If we stay up you'd imagine the job is his if he wants it.