The Big Relegation Thread

17 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Were you at either of your two recent games against Motherwell? I know we won one of them but there wasn't much silky football on display in either game. 

Motherwell, though a poor side from what I saw in both matches vs ourselves, were better overall than County were yesterday.

On 19/02/2023 at 13:07, Kapowzer said:

I predicted 5 wins in total from 4 teams in 30 games. "heavy lifting" aye?

I think so, yes.  Pretty much for all the teams you analysed changing those wins to draws or even losses would completely turn things on their head.  

All four are still well and truly in it. We'll probably lose next week given Killie's home record and with Rangers/Hibs after County, we're looking at being that game away from being back where we were this time last week.

Even if someone goes on a comically bad run, the other three are not good enough to pull away (or one might but more certainly won't).

It'll go to the last day for sure.

Hammell's non-existent game management has cost us numerous points this season, but the big ones were Killie home and away (leading 1-0 and 2-0 respectively, before chucking it) and County at home (again, leading 1-0).  We didn't win any of them.  

We're certainly not great, but we've shown we are not any worse than either of those two.  With them both up in the next two games, we've got a great chance to put a bit of distance between us.  I'd actually settle for two draws in the next two, but if we could even manage four points, we'll be fine this season.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

Hammell's non-existent game management has cost us numerous points this season, but the big ones were Killie home and away (leading 1-0 and 2-0 respectively, before chucking it) and County at home (again, leading 1-0).  We didn't win any of them.  

We're certainly not great, but we've shown we are not any worse than either of those two.  With them both up in the next two games, we've got a great chance to put a bit of distance between us.  I'd actually settle for two draws in the next two, but if we could even manage four points, we'll be fine this season.

To be fair, if it wasn't for a rather generous decision from Beaton last Wednesday, that'd have been another game where you threw away a 2 goal lead.

That second half wasn't particularly well 'game managed', at least other than time wasting.

I'm normally a bit of a pessimist when it comes to Saints, but even I was convinced in that second half we'd get at least a draw.

We didn't but I don't think that was down to Kettlewell's tactics.

Maybe the manager going kept the Well players giving their all though, when previously they'd have dropped 10-20%

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

To be fair, if it wasn't for a rather generous decision from Beaton last Wednesday, that'd have been another game where you threw away a 2 goal lead.

Generous decision now means making the correct decision, interesting.  Now if you want to talk about decisions if VAR done it's job St Mirren are likely points worse of, and Motherwell are better of 

On 20/02/2023 at 10:27, Sarto Mutiny said:

I think by this stage our only hope is for one of the Terrace lads to predict we won't win a game for the rest of the season 

Have you ever considered a 14 team premier league?

29 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

image.thumb.png.90316159e1f32274f61a1747b7d5b7b1.png

Granted this is only for up to the split but looks like Motherwell have pulled away a bit. Dundee Utd going down would be a good laugh after their Ogren's comments of "we'd just come straight back up" :D 

Are these stats ever not just a games played pro rata of the current league table?