Scotland v Belgium (Match Thread)

King Kebab

Fairly pathetic as expected. Belgium haven’t got out of third gear but are absolutely steam rolling us.

They could get double figures second half if they’re arsed. Doubt they will be though and expect them to get the cigars out.

6 minutes ago, GordonS said:
10 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:
Mulgrew’s last game, please 

And play who instead? What fit centre half is better? This is what we are.

McKenna

Devlin

Souttar

Halkett

An upturned mop in a bucket 

Edit: saw you just said “fit”

Just the mop then 

Edited by Frank Grimes

4 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Mertens is running us ragged. De Bruyne is picking up positions all over the pitch and we cant stop him. Lukaku is strolling this like a preseason game. 

As the half went on we had no passing game just the usual hits down the line for someone to run on to. It isnt just defending. We are completely outplayed.

They score with every chance because they are better players.

Thanks for that, I didn't realise they had better players.

So they always score with every chance, some team eh?

Yeah of course our passing game died out, when your getting beat 0-3 it's pretty normal for confidence to go down.

Wise words from Willie Miller:

"You have to defend. I don't think we've looked good defensively. We've put them under pressure and tried the high press and worked hard but we're three goals down. That tells you something."

Windsor Park is like a wee club stadium;  nice and tight and the fans are close which can be a great help to the North Ireland players. It also helps that the players all know what their job is and they have a settled team and manager.  They're like a club team in a club's stadium.

Scotland play in a soulless athletics-style bowl, more often than not half empty, and have a side that is almost totally different every game.  Flicking between the 2 games just now and the difference is fucking staggering.  

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

They've missed two great chances and their work rate is excellent. It's a bit more than just putting 10 men behind the ball.

I was sort of being tongue in cheek - working hard is the real thing -  our players look half-arsed some of the time- especially the defence.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Drawing 0-0 at half-time - playing to their strengths of shitfesting the game I would suspect?

Had some good spells, played a bit of tidy football and missed a couple of gilt-edged chances which fell to the Hearts player.

Germany just scoring a worldy there.  0-1.

5 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Thanks for that, I didn't realise they had better players.

So they always score with every chance, some team eh?

Yeah of course our passing game died out, when your getting beat 0-3 it's pretty normal for confidence to go down.

I will leave it there mate. If you think they havent been that great and we were doing ok and passing the ball well, on you go. We are clearly watching different games.

Edited by rainbowrising

There's nothing insipid about our midfield tonight. We're pressing them high and popping it about well.

We just have no protection for a very weak back four.

Our midfield should be the strongest part of the team, but it's been insipid tonight as well as on Friday. 
A big part of that is on Clarke.