Scotland v Belgium (Match Thread)

King Kebab

16 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I'm aware I'm likely to get ripped into for this but so what.

I might be off my head, but honestly I don't think we have been that bad.

They have scored with nearly every chance.

We have kept possession quite well and pressed well also. 

This might turn into a shit show now, but we're really really unlucky to be 0-3 down

Mertens is running us ragged. De Bruyne is picking up positions all over the pitch and we cant stop him. Lukaku is strolling this like a preseason game. 

As the half went on we had no passing game just the usual hits down the line for someone to run on to. It isnt just defending. We are completely outplayed.

They score with every chance because they are better players.

I hate this generation of Scotland players, with their pretty hair, little lumberjack beards and hearts the size of fucking peas. Too scared to try and beat a man, to lazy to close down and get in opposition faces. f**k them all.
You're watching a different game.

We've been on the high press (and doing it pretty well), and we've been brave on the ball.

We just get taken apart every time they come forward.

Surely you're joking...?

Belgium 3-1 Russia
Cyprus 0-2 Belgium
Belgium 3-0 Kazakhstan
Belgium 3-0 Scotland
San Marino 0-4 Belgium

HT  ... Scotland 0-3 Belgium

Unsure what point your alluding to here. They’ve beaten Russia, who absolutely ragdolled us on Friday. They cruised past Kazakhstan, who beat us. They’re absolutely lightyears ahead of us, and could realistically win this by 6 or 7.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
If we just picked the Arbroath team our results wouldn't be any worse.
Most of that team, in fact most of the players we've picked over a number of years give 30%, 40% every time they pull on a Scotland jersey.
There are good to decent club players that should absolutely fired out of the international set up.
Bring in players that give a f**k.  
This is just pish.

There's shit loads of effort on show. What we lack is organisation and quality.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:
3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
Drawing 0-0 at half-time - playing to their strengths of shitfesting the game I would suspect?

Which is EXACTLY what we should be doing... but if we did, this thread would be full of geniuses moaning about us not having a go.

Tbf I dont think it is the strength of our players to shitfest, not the ones on the park anyway.

It’s not that we don’t have any decent players, we’re just all kinds of stinking shite at the back.
All our teams that qualified in my lifetime were lacking in areas, but got by based on really solid defences, but we’re going nowhere with our defence regardless of what happens up the park.

2 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

Unsure what point your alluding to here. They’ve beaten Russia, who absolutely ragdolled us on Friday. They cruised past Kazakhstan, who beat us. They’re absolutely lightyears ahead of us, and could realistically win this by 6 or 7.

I'm alluding that even San Marino held them to 4... and we're 3-0 down at HT.