St Johnstone v Motherwell Sat 28th Sept 3pm

Seen the Donnelly incident on Alba. At the game I assumed it was a tangle of legs and an accidental stamp but nope. Donnelly not only intentionally stamped on Kane he also initially took him down with a shoulder/elbow charge. Absolutely mental. Will be at least a 3 game ban.
There weren't a lot of great or even good performances from Motherwell players today. Mark Gillespie was clearly the standout not only for the penalty save (never a pen btw) but another 4 or 5 good saves and he came for everything he could.
Thank god Cole actually got the winner today or that miss would haunt him. But stroking one in and Stevie May having his own horrific miss/dive will take the edge off. Still the worst miss I have ever seen... maybe Bob McHugh vs Hibs but he also got the winner that day.
I wasn't there today but I was at Hampden for Iwelumo's miss against Norway- it wasn't that, was it?

9 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
21 minutes ago, Jim McLean said:
Seen the Donnelly incident on Alba. At the game I assumed it was a tangle of legs and an accidental stamp but nope. Donnelly not only intentionally stamped on Kane he also initially took him down with a shoulder/elbow charge. Absolutely mental. Will be at least a 3 game ban.
There weren't a lot of great or even good performances from Motherwell players today. Mark Gillespie was clearly the standout not only for the penalty save (never a pen btw) but another 4 or 5 good saves and he came for everything he could.
Thank god Cole actually got the winner today or that miss would haunt him. But stroking one in and Stevie May having his own horrific miss/dive will take the edge off. Still the worst miss I have ever seen... maybe Bob McHugh vs Hibs but he also got the winner that day.

I wasn't there today but I was at Hampden for Iwelumo's miss against Norway- it wasn't that, was it?

It was the worst miss I've seen at McDairmid since whenever the last time Tony Watt* played was.

I was actually sad to see Watt leave but by christ he did miss some sitters. 

15 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It defies the laws of physics. It's genuinely quite something.

Having said that his actual goal looks like it comes from a rehearsed corner so that's nice.

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Every time they pung a long diagonal to him, Scott won the ball. Sometimes he was even able to bring the ball down and lay it off. 

That's what I seen. They moved Scott away from that wing eventually but that tactic consistently worked for them when they tried it.

Did he f**k, Tanser won a lot more than Scott did, then when Scott won the few balls he did Tanser took it from him. If Tanser had scored the penalty he'd have maybe been my MOM.

Seen the Donnelly incident on Alba. At the game I assumed it was a tangle of legs and an accidental stamp but nope. Donnelly not only intentionally stamped on Kane he also initially took him down with a shoulder/elbow charge. Absolutely mental. Will be at least a 3 game ban

That's absolute nonsense, it's exactly what I thought it was at the game. Both players collided, he went down and then tried to hurdle him and fucked it. Clumsy at worst.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be some cheek if Motherwell fans start moaning about a player play acting after that Ilics attempt at winning a free kick, tbh.

Aye - that was a gold-plated minter.

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

Murray Davidson is a an absolute shit houser. Thundercunt.

Yep - behaviour of a w**k. I'd happily have him in our midfield TBH.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be some cheek if Motherwell fans start moaning about a player play acting after that Ilics attempt at winning a free kick, tbh.

I thought Illic got caught with his own follow through onto the boot of the defender, sair wan.

Watching it on Alba the now. Looks like we were pretty shit. 

That penalty. Softest penalty I have seen in decades. A fkin joke. Tait literally made the faintest touch and F Murray Wankerson reacted as if he had been run over by a John Deere. Embarrassing. 

Cole miss - my god although May runs him close on 50 odd minutes. What has happened to May ? Looks a shadow of his former self. Aberdeen does that of course. 

Yet to see sending off...but judging by referee performance thus far....

Great win at a traditionally tough ground for us. 

28 minutes ago, ropy said:

I thought Illic got caught with his own follow through onto the boot of the defender, sair wan.

I didnt see any contact at all, they just came close together, then Ilic let out a blood curling squeal, crumpled to the ground, rolled about holding his ankle while still screeching. He eventually stopped it, had a wee look around while still holding his ankle, and then jumped up and sprinted back into position.

Truly bizarre.

Edited by RandomGuy.

The whole thing about Gordon having difficulty in possession.. we had exactly the same issue last season with Joe after a game v Celtic when they squeezed up on Kerr and left Joe open. From thereon loads of teams copied it and we struggled.

Close off the ball to Kerr, get up on Tanser and we're struggling with a right footed centre back forced onto his left foot with no simple options on. It's going to be a struggle whether it's Kerr or Gordon on that side, and Tommy needs to start coming up with a few options for us to cope with teams doing it.

Just seen the highlights :lol:

The corner the goal comes from is delivered into the area where both our centre halves are. One crumples to the ground for absolutely no reason, while the other is like a kid trying to out muscle a man, just flails against Gallgher who dominates.

For the second ball, which bounces in the six yard box, you have Murray Davidson so determined to bear hug his player to the ground he ends up facing, and running, the opposite way from the ball as it heads towards him, while Ralston is standing five yards away from his man and just staring. Clark is doing some weird dance along his line. 

Dearie me.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Screenshot_20190929-005007_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6e3021147293c5a74b5d2d4a8a782d47.jpg

Embarrassing. Can only hope we havent been working on set pieces and it can be worked on, as if that's how we're performing after working at it, I dont know how to react.

There is no reason at all why Zander should not come for that ball. Tommy may blame a succession of outfield players for not picking up or being out muscled by their men but Zander has a 2 foot height advantage on all of those players and it's in his 6 yard box, just because Tommy and Mathers were limited keepers it doesn't mean they have to force their insecurities on Zander.