vs San Marino

DA Baracus

You really understand our lack of depth and quality when you use the BBC "pick your team" bit :lol:

Screenshot_20191013-095849_Chrome.thumb.jpg.307619441d0d1c41f5105f545719a221.jpg

Not keen at all on this back three idea but that's just me.

Ideally you'd be playing McKenna +1 for the second game in a row, to help build a partnership, but that's not possible. Zero point playing Mulgrew and Devlin again, so chuck Gallagher and Findlay in and see how they work with Palmer and Robertson.

Stick your two best wingers on the park. Armstrong is still our best CM, and McTominay would allow him to get forward while also having the ability to get goals. McGinn gives you less against packed defences than Armstrong, and isnt as good on the ball as McTominay. Christie just didnt fit anywhere.

Controversial, but I think Burke will thrive in a game like this. Stick him up with a partner he can play with and just let him put the fear up them with his pace. Shankland seems smart enough to find the space Burke will make for him.

But aye, theres not a lot to work with really.

Guest DAVIDB69

People talk about midfield being the strongest part of our team , but in recent games our midfield doesn’t create anything for our forwards , usually long balls launched into the sky from defence. Our midfield doesn’t tend to protect our defence either .

Shankland is well versed at pumping goals in against poor opposition. Perfect game for him to play. If Christie is fit I would have him supporting Shankland with Fraser and Forrest either side. Centre mid you can choose any of the options we have and it should be easy enough. We’ll have 70% of the ball and be in their half for most of it. Getting service to the centre forward and having someone who can have a dig from 25 yards should see us win comfortably.

11 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

San Marino + 5 is 11/8. Looks a cracking bet considering Scotland have only scored 5 the whole campaign.

+6 is 4/6. San Marino have only lost by 6 or more twice in their last 14 games.

Edited by Marshmallo

I see we've sold almost 10,000 tickets for this pish! It's a pity we couldn't just boycott this game altogether and show the SFA exactly what we think of them! It saddens me that I no longer make any attempt to watch Scotland games anymore nevermind attend them!

13 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Whit! Of course you can - their full back isn’t able to tuck in as much, moves them about the pitch and creates gaps in the middle.

Look is OK to see the game differently,I know Clarke won't drop his captain the reason I would go 3 at the back is to have more height at set-pieces.
I wouldn't play Burke because I don't see any space to use his pace,Shankland is a box striker and needs support.

With this being our easiest game prior to the play-offs I kinda see why Clarke would want to see some of his squad players given starts in this match.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Russell get some game time considering the lengths he goes to turn up for every squad.

Goalkeeper choice is down to a similar reasoning i guess.

I can see SOD coming back in too.

With no need for a holding midfield we might get some attacking play from there to support the front man/ men. 

A 4-0/ 5-0 would be great and I think we can manage that. 

Why do the SFA insist on playing games like this at Hampden instead of Easter Road or Pittodrie, where there might be a semblance of an atmosphere? Although to be fair, they might struggle to fill Bayview today.

Just now, Dysart said:

Why do the SFA insist on playing games like this at Hampden instead of Easter Road or Pittodrie, where there might be a semblance of an atmosphere? Although to be fair, they might struggle to fill Bayview today.

Because when the game was scheduled, and when the tickets were originally on sale, they could easily have expected an attendance of 30k+ for it. Possibly more than that if it was the game which saw us qualify.

1 minute ago, Dysart said:

Don't they get complaints from people in other cities? I doubt they would this time right enough.