Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

It wouldn’t surprise me if some sort of nationalist/Yes alternative to the SNP appeared, the sort of thing that Wings would get involved in.

It would depend on a lot of things other than Wings though and I don’t think it’s likely. But it could happen.

The Wings Over Scotland party, natch.

Utterly shocked that Stuart still monitors people saying non-positive things about him on the internet and holds grudges about it. He certainly wasn't known for that kind of behaviour in the video game community.
Also stunned that he appears to be turning on the independence movement after a period of being largely ignored. Nobody could have foreseen this. Except, possibly, the high heid yins of the SNP, so kudos to them.
I used to access Wings on a fairly regular basis before I formed the opinion that the Rev was an obviously intelligent but rather strange individual who applied forensic analysis to mundane statistics and opinions in order to mould them into fodder for an equally strange but adoring following.

If we take things to their logical extension, it is not Scottish politics or Scottish independence that is the crux, it is the Rev's ego.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The Wings Over Scotland party, natch.

He's got a bit of a weird thing for the WOS acronym, having used it for other projects before this one. It wouldn't surprise me if it became the Wild On! Somerset party, or something actually arch and/or cutting.

It very much needs to be referred to as the Bath party at every possible opportunity, however, even though their leader is more of a Shiite ha ha.

12 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I can't even remember what it was that made the penny drop with me but he wrote an article about something I know about more than the average person and everything that had looked forensic and insightful on other topics suddenly looked like cherry picking and misdirection. Stopped paying as much attention to him after that.

Then later he revealed himself to be a transphobic weirdo so I feel vindicated. I fully believe it's pretty much chance he settled on the trans battle and we could be sitting here wondering why he was so viciously attacking folk who lace shoes crossways instead of straight over or whatever in another timeline. He just has a very deep psychological need to fight against something.

Now that he is setting himself up versus the SNP mainstream I won't be at all surprised if he rationalises himself into a position if unionism, perhaps after his Bath party idea inevitably goes the way of RISE.

Deeply odd fellow.

50/50 he is deeply phobic of trans people and knows it's a useful proxy for waging a culture war in the indy movement. We'll see what happens when the Salmond court case starts but there's a possibility for a deep division to emerge.

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

His “plays” sound bloody awful.

Here is the summary of his latest book

A fast-paced spy adventure thriller set in modern Ireland, the story connects Ireland's dramatic post-conflict landscape with the global war on terror. Two aging ex-IRA members are re-united to hunt down an ISIS gang in Ireland. After a day of multiple suicide bombings in Dublin these retired Provos realise there are more would-be martyrs in the capital. In a frantic race against time to find them they call on the assistance of an old adversary - a retired Special Branch officer - and from two newcomers to Ireland; a medical doctor from Morocco and a young ex-paratrooper Polish immigrant. All that stands between Ireland and certain carnage is this unlikely alliance of misfits.

That sounds so bad.  I kind of want to read it though.

It's like Chuck Tingle for Celtic fans.

Edited by ICTChris

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Unlike me to stand up for Jo Swinson, but I think she handles a difficult question really well here. 7.5 minutes and you have to listen to the whole thing.

Like so many, the more I hear her, the less I like her.

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

ISIS Stopped From Pounding In My Irish Republican Butt By My Former Special Branch Rapist, A Moroccan Doctor, and a Young Ex-Paratrooper Polish Immigrant, Who Then All Pound Me In The Butt.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

You idiot. She is quite clearly an Irish ninja. Ergo, one of the good guys.

She becomes a ninja in Phil McGobbledegooks follow up book after rediscovering catholicism she vows to take on the Dark Rangers from outer space after she finishes her 120 hour community service for her terrorist offences.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I love the thought of Steve Bruce Barnes rocking up in his Jag midway through the second act, teaming up with a great bunch of lads to take down a terror cell.

Shut up and take my money etc.