Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

1 hour ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

He is easily the best source of info for those wishing to understand the independence movement and the SNP.

26 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

The debate is deteriorating, which is a shame.

Must be a full moon tonight. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

In no mood at all for bullshit this week. And this parasite is a fucking bullshitter. 

@Wingman and @CarrbridgeSaintee are just spreading the bullshit. Take up farming if you're so keen to spread muck. 

You finally had enough of DPB and Oaksoft?

58 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Sounds about right. Must be like looking in a mirror, eh?

32644853-789A-4806-A377-E5F736DB58DB.jpeg

7EF8AE2D-6372-4FC2-A439-3AE43D0E2B65.jpeg

D5A31131-88D5-4D2B-9E3C-FF02630413BD.jpeg

543C427A-6EC0-42E5-85A3-CB015221FFFD.jpeg

BC473651-25CE-433A-A589-407696E6D781.jpeg

The last one there is a nasty piece of work.

Orange Order member, holocaust denier and all-round shitebag Alistair McConnachie.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16399120.meet-pro-union-activist-worked-orange-order-denies-jews-murdered-gas-chambers/

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Orange Order member, holocaust denier and all-round shitebag Alistair McConnachie.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16399120.meet-pro-union-activist-worked-orange-order-denies-jews-murdered-gas-chambers/

'Manky jaiket' as I believe the 'cybernats' refer to him as. 

28 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's just a coincidence that these Nazis support always Rangers, and sometimes Hearts.

Ukip?

Not that bothered about the EU. Not that bothered about climate change. Has gathered a ragtag army of Covid-deniers and anti-vaxxers around him (read the comments on Wings) many of whom aren't very welcoming to refugees or asylum seekers.

Pretty Ukip, then.

Everynat? You're either disingenuous or a typically self-deluding Old Firmer. Does Everynat launch into Nicola Sturgeon as venomously as the Daily Mail or Rees-Mogg or the australopithecine Union Bears? Does Everynat dis the SNP leadership in withering terms, accusing them of not wanting Indy?

He's an egregious nutter, and you're a dreary Britnat.

4 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It's just a coincidence that these Nazis support always Rangers, and sometimes Hearts.

That's totally unfair, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

There are a few who are Airdrie fans anaw.

The reverend knows his audience. He appeals to a niche of the independence movement. He feeds their conspiracy theories and their need to rail against authority (in this case the SNP). Whilst he bedazzles them with what they want to hear with his "journalism" all the while counting the clicks and the donations rolling in. He does very well out of it financially.

He's like the Infowars bawbag but on a much smaller scale. Similar to Jones, I'm not convinced he actually believes what he says which kinda makes him even more deplorable. 

The speed at which Wingsy produces his articles is incredible.

He's bang on when it comes to exposing the shady and corrupt ways of the SNP and Greens.

He exposed the membership lies before anyone else.  Remember that.

Having skimmed through the last couple of pages, some people just can't an alternative opinion without resorting to ad hominem.

8 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

@Goomba actually red-dotted this.

Clearly quite happy to support a Holocaust denier.

So @Goomba which part do you have a problem with?

The fact he is a nasty piece of work?

The fact he is a member of the Orange Order?

The fact he is a Holocaust denier?

The fact he is an all-round shitebag?

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

39 minutes ago, Goomba said:

The speed at which Wingsy produces his articles is incredible.

He's bang on when it comes to exposing the shady and corrupt ways of the SNP and Greens.

He exposed the membership lies before anyone else.  Remember that.

Having skimmed through the last couple of pages, some people just can't an alternative opinion without resorting to ad hominem.

Coming from an admirer of a holocaust denier, that shows how repugnant you are.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Goomba actually red-dotted this.

Also reckoned Kellie-Jay Keen isn’t a fascist about a week before actual neo-Nazis started turning up and sieg heiling at her wee display in Melbourne. Sum boi. 

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

If you do a google image search, you will find the misleading graph in at least 10 of his posts between May 2022 & March 2023. Take your pick.

I still can't find any Wings blog post detailing how he came to the 47%

The polling companies he has used are listed at the bottom of the graph, so I did a quick date search on WhatScotlandThinks graph filtered by the pollsters in question.

How would you vote in a Scottish independence referendum if held now? (asked after the EU referendum) - What Scotland Thinks

It only goes back to 2016, but there are several with 47%

As well as not detailing how he arrived at this, Wings (to my knowledge) hasn't marked specific points on the graph's X axis.  He could have gone with polls he deemed more accurate due to the nature of the questioning/sampling, average over periods of time, pollsters/commissioners he deemed more trustworthy in general, polls at specific times, or even polls sampled away from times that could provide knee jerk responses  - we just don't know.

To me, it looks like Kelly has made wild assumptions in his bid to rubbish the Wings graph, but it's just pure speculation.  Unless we find out Rev Stu's methodology, which could be one of a whole host of methods, then it's impossible to tell.  This is why I was asking you for a blog post describing this.

P.S. When trying to find factual information, Scot Goes Pop is probably the last place you should look, ESPECIALLY when it comes to polling.

Edited by CarrbridgeSaintee

10 hours ago, orfc said:

Wingsy obviously fires out a lot of horseshit I don't agree with but with me being union-minded it's to be expected he'd have more in common with his fellow independence travellers on here on a lot of topics than with me. What you can't doubt is his ability to chase a paper trail- look at the stuff on the 600k, snp membership size etc - you have to separate the art from the artist so to speak

He's never met a gap in reasoning he couldn't leap past and ignore.

55 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I still can't find any Wings blog post detailing how he came to the 47%

The polling companies he has used are listed at the bottom of the graph, so I did a quick date search on WhatScotlandThinks graph filtered by the pollsters in question.

How would you vote in a Scottish independence referendum if held now? (asked after the EU referendum) - What Scotland Thinks

It only goes back to 2016, but there are several with 47%

As well as not detailing how he arrived at this, Wings (to my knowledge) hasn't marked specific points on the graph's X axis.  He could have gone with polls he deemed more accurate due to the nature of the questioning/sampling, average over periods of time, pollsters/commissioners he deemed more trustworthy in general, polls at specific times, or even polls sampled away from times that could provide knee jerk responses  - we just don't know.

To me, it looks like Kelly has made wild assumptions in his bid to rubbish the Wings graph, but it's just pure speculation.  Unless we find out Rev Stu's methodology, which could be one of a whole host of methods, then it's impossible to tell.  This is why I was asking you for a blog post describing this.

P.S. When trying to find factual information, Scot Goes Pop is probably the last place you should look, ESPECIALLY when it comes to polling.

It seems most likely that Campbell has noticed that on or around each of the dates listed on his graph there was one current poll that could be rounded to 47% support for independence, so he's cherry-picked them to make a point.

5 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

@Goomba actually red-dotted this.

So @Goomba which part do you have a problem with?

The fact he is a nasty piece of work?

The fact he is a member of the Orange Order?

The fact he is a Holocaust denier?

The fact he is an all-round shitebag?

My own disdain for Wings and some of his acolytes  does not change the fact that Alistair McConnachie is a Holocaust denier and the horrendous group he leads up  "A Force For Good" 😬 has links to some of the worst far right nutter elements backing it including neo nazis.

Christ even the buffet destroyer Daisley says that McConnachie should be shunned by mainstream Yoonery.

Edited by AndyM