Hallowe'en thread

ICTChris

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like it explained why dressing up is some sort of mad issue and makes someone 'OFTW'.

In what way is it creepy? 

Predictable responses expected but can anyone seriously explain it?

Edited by DA Baracus

I'd like it explained why dressing up is some sort of mad issue and makes someone 'OFTW'.
Sheep mentality.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Of course you won't see it as weird or creepy, you want to f**k amputees in a sex pram. 

The fact you're in support of it only strengthens the case it makes people OFTW. 

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

Of course you won't see it as weird or creepy, you want to f**k amputees in a sex pram. 

The fact you're in support of it only strengthens the case it makes people OFTW. 

No I don't.

Any more thoughts on why it's creepy and OFTW etc?

Once again, DA didn’t say he actually wanted to use the sex pram, he merely wanted to profit from other people’s deviancy. This makes him a hero of capitalism, a bold entrepreneur who identifies his market rather than a creepy wee masterbator.

8 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

73250122_10157674884000960_1251106978139209728_n.jpg

It was the Hallowe'en just after Saville had died and before the truth was out and I was driving past some students in George Street. One of them had dressed up as Saville with the tracksuit, fright wig hair, cigar and jewellery. 

I wonder if that individual still has the photos from that night.... 

Guising.
Turnips.
Tradition.
It might just be me but I'm fed up with folk complaining about the americanisation of it all.

Every fucking year, like the bloody poppies. Trick or treat works just fine - but go with guising if you want. Turnip or pumpkin, either will do.

If you don't want weans round don't put anything up and ignore the door bell.

Weans love it, and ugly b*****ds might get their hole with a good costume.

No I don't.
Any more thoughts on why it's creepy and OFTW etc?

If someone is in disguise then you don’t know who they are which is why people find it creepy. You could easily show up to someone’s house on Halloween wearing a costume and be allowed into their house and then butcher the entire family and then walk off and no one would have seen anything untoward as it’s Halloween and it’s normal to be in disguise.

59 minutes ago, throbber said:

If someone is in disguise then you don’t know who they are which is why people find it creepy. You could easily show up to someone’s house on Halloween wearing a costume and be allowed into their house and then butcher the entire family and then walk off and no one would have seen anything untoward as it’s Halloween and it’s normal to be in disguise.

You'd think someone would make a movie with a plot like that.

You'd think someone would make a movie with a plot like that.

Forensics would go completely out the window in these cases as well so there would literally be no way of catching a murder on Halloween. A terrifying thought.

22 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The amount of shite Poundland alone produces is astonishing. 

Nice to see I'm not the only one enjoying the mundanity of Ashens' couch videos.

That purple polystyrene pumpkin was quite nice though, I thought.  

22 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I also dislike how more people seem to use it as a reason to do general fancy dress and not horror specific fancy dress.

That's straight from the US. I remember thinking it was bizarre when shows like Roseanne would have Halloween episodes where everyone would be at a party dressed as superheroes and cowboys. They're utterly terrified of the Helen Lovejoy brigade over there.

14 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I bought cheapo sweeties and they taste like pig's trotters

you've not been visiting East Sussex have you ?

Mrs H did the dutiful stuff of putting out a pumpkin and some lanterns, and offering one of those big shoppers full of pre-bagged sweeties like a "lucky dip" to all the sprogs who turned up (she'd put a handful of those fucking awful haribo selection bits and pieces in to plain paper bags, and tied them up with string)

Without her knowing, I'd put the "trick" in "trick or treat" by putting  50p dog-chew treats in to random bags along with the sweeties - dried pigs ears, chickens feet and pig snouts (no trotters though - bah)

thinking about it, i could have really gone for it and loaded up on frozen dead chicks, mice and insects that the pet food store had for feeding snakes and the like - maybe next year...

Image result for dried pig snouts

Image result for dried chicken feet