Clubs with no real rivals

nsr

Aberdeen???

I’d imagine it would be Clubs at the extremities of a country, Berwick Rangers could be another, Carlisle United aren’t they closer to some Scottish Clubs than any other English League sides???

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Elgin's rivals in the Highland League were Caledonian and Buckie Thistle, for the last 20 years no one.

Fair enough. Have they even got enough fans left to create a ‘rivalry’ with anyone? Even just thinking about it is making me nod off 😴

2 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Watford, Reading, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, Coventry.

Leicester arguably too, as Forest and Derby care more about each other.

Reading and Aldershot used to have a real tasty rivalry back in the past before the original Aldershot went bust. The hatred was always much more than that with Oxford/Swindon etc. There are still older Reading fans that laugh at the ineptitude of (our) Aldershot to this day.

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

In all seriousness, some of the German teams spring to mind.  I mean who are the main rivals of teams like Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg?

Closest teams are Stuttgart and Karlsruhe for Hoffenheim, though both are in 2. Bundesliga now. With Wolfsburg its probably Hannover or Braunschweig, though again neither are in the Bundesliga.

Though for these rivalries you're talking about the distance from Edinburgh to Glasgow covering the clubs.

Some St Mirren fans seem to regard games against Kilmarnock as a derby, over games against Morton. I don’t get it, surely Killie’s rivals are Ayr United, and therefore there’s an Ayrshire derby in Killie v Ayr, and a Renfrewshire derby in St Mirren v Morton.

Answers on a postcard to....