Queens v Ayr

Happy now son of Northfield 
Your pessimism will not kill our optimism
Shut up ya numpty.

Draw is fair I'd say. Ayr will think they should be leading due to the possession but other than Moore fluffing an early chance and their goal, they haven't tested McCrorie.

My concern is we are a back 9 at times. Ayr midfield are getting far too much time on the ball and a final ball is surely going to come at some point.

On the flipside, Ayr don't look too clever at the back.

Anyway, strange game. I never saw that at HT and I don't think any sane Queens fan would have either. Ayr had a lot of the ball without doing much in the first half. In the second it was all us after we gave the Ayr midfield less of the ball.

Superb finish from Murray, who put in a cracking shift alongside Oliver. Both giving AJ a selection headache. Dobbie had a massive input to all 3 goals and I seriously hope his injury isn't serious. Also thought Kidd was excellent again :o.

Funny to see McCowan as seething as the Ayr support. Horrible challenge. And special mention to the idiots among the Ayr support firing objects at the stewards today as well.

Thoroughly deserved win in the end. If we had been playing on a decent surface I reckon it could have been more.

Most enjoyable by the end.

Ayr were the better side until we got 2-1 ahead.  Thereafter though, we got another, missed a sitter and had an absolute stonewaller turned down by the cretinous ref.  Ayr ended the game behaving thuggishly, taking what they deserved from it.

Even a below par Dobbie makes all the difference, getting assists for all three goals.  I often don't 'get' the praise that comes Murray's way, but he did very well today.

Edited by Monkey Tennis