McDonalds ordering screens, Braehead.

pozbaird

The franchisees love these things.

Less staff to pay. Turnover/wage costs improved.

And, believe it or not, instead of being asked ‘do you want a large meal/onion rings/McFlurry/etc’ theres a much higher conversion rate on these screens. Less guilt without having to admit to an actual person that you’re a gluttonous fatty. Customer average spend therefore also improved.

Money for them all.
Hell in a handcart.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, pozbaird said:
These new-fangled screens you place your order on at McDonalds instead of talking to a human being at the counter? Good to see a big corporation like McDonalds has top-drawer proof readers before they install the things....

249217A7-8911-428C-930D-279942D48BE1.thumb.jpeg.c8ba905029eaf8669b967eb1ca668e2b.jpeg

Good Lord, i before e, except after c. What are they teaching children nowadays?

Mandarin

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

The franchisees love these things.

Less staff to pay. Turnover/wage costs improved.

And, believe it or not, instead of being asked ‘do you want a large meal/onion rings/McFlurry/etc’ theres a much higher conversion rate on these screens. Less guilt without having to admit to an actual person that you’re a gluttonous fatty. Customer average spend therefore also improved.

Money for them all.
Hell in a handcart.

I wasn’t for telling the guy in front of me that he was a gluttonous fatty.

886A2854-5747-487D-BD8C-B49DF97E55B5.jpeg

33 minutes ago, HoatPies said:

Those machines are a god send. The thick c***s serving are too dense to take an actual order face to face

”can I get two burgers, chips, chicken nuggets and a large coke please”

”........ Errrrrrm...... is that a meal?”

Plain burger?  Cheese burger?  Chicken burger?  Chips for one, two or three?  You'll have the computer blowing a fuse.

11 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
11 hours ago, pozbaird said:
These new-fangled screens you place your order on at McDonalds instead of talking to a human being at the counter? Good to see a big corporation like McDonalds has top-drawer proof readers before they install the things....

249217A7-8911-428C-930D-279942D48BE1.thumb.jpeg.c8ba905029eaf8669b967eb1ca668e2b.jpeg

Good Lord, i before e, except after c. What are they teaching children nowadays?

Hopefully teaching them never to listen to that bullshit advice, tbf. 

Edit : PTTGOYN - When it quotes two folk instead of just the one. 

Edited by Dele

13 hours ago, pozbaird said:

249217A7-8911-428C-930D-279942D48BE1.jpeg

Ze Germans see your spelling mistake and raise you by getting the plural of their own vehicles wrong...

ABFFFD45-34C3-454B-9CF0-7E40838732E3.jpeg

Edited by Shandon Par

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Ze Germans see your spelling mistake and raise you by getting the plural of their own vehicles wrong...

ABFFFD45-34C3-454B-9CF0-7E40838732E3.jpeg

Shocking, isn’t it? I was prodding away at that McDonalds screen in Braehead for ages, trying to get a 99p burger and a coffee. Got home to find an ‘18 plate Golf sitting on my drive.

Just now, pozbaird said:

Shocking, isn’t it? I was prodding away at that McDonalds screen in Braehead for ages, trying to get a 99p burger and a coffee. Got home to find an ‘18 plate Golf sitting on my drive.

Glovebox full of fries was a nice touch though.

I worked in a McDonalds for three years. During that time I worked with people who became teachers, doctors, dentists, astophysicists, accountants, and top businessmen.

That being said, I also worked with people who had to wear shoes with velco fastenings as they didn't know how to tie their own shoelaces.

The bitterness on social media of people arguing against McDonalds workers striking for £15 an hour is what’s wrong with Britain today.

These corporations earns millions of pounds a day on the back of their workers, who’ve every right to demand better working conditions.

The gammons are furious for the simple reason that Corbyn backs it.

14 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

The bitterness on social media of people arguing against McDonalds workers striking for £15 an hour is what’s wrong with Britain today.

These corporations earns millions of pounds a day on the back of their workers, who’ve every right to demand better working conditions.

The gammons are furious for the simple reason that Corbyn backs it.

I don't believe it's purely because Corbyn wants it, I think this is the situation we find ourselves in after decades of media driven right-wing indoctrination, where people have been convinced to believe that the population at large don't deserve a living wage, and that if one sector of workers are given reasonable terms, it should automatically be at the disadvantage of others. It's no wonder the Tories govern the vast majority of the time when regular people are making their arguments for them.

The example I keep seeing on twitter is nurses, "nurses deserve it far more than burger flippers", which I agree with, but it shouldn't be an either / or, it should be both. Of course the same morons that are arguing that McDonald's workers shouldn't get a pay rise because nurses should earn more will still vote Tory "because they're the party that can grow the economy", even though it's under their economic principles that public sector workers wages have stagnated and - with inflation - regressed so much. Also, if the Tories legislated for fair working conditions in both the public and private sector, and raised corporation tax levels (one of the lowest in either the EU or G20) and actually enforced it, they'd be more than able to pay public sector workers a fair wage whilst these monolithic companies were legally bound to pay their employees.

However, they won't, as we know, because the Tories are complete and utter vermin.

I don't mind the ordering screens.

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

I don't believe it's purely because Corbyn wants it, I think this is the situation we find ourselves in after decades of media driven right-wing indoctrination, where people have been convinced to believe that the population at large don't deserve a living wage, and that if one sector of workers are given reasonable terms, it should automatically be at the disadvantage of others. It's no wonder the Tories govern the vast majority of the time when regular people are making their arguments for them.

The example I keep seeing on twitter is nurses, "nurses deserve it far more than burger flippers", which I agree with, but it shouldn't be an either / or, it should be both. Of course the same morons that are arguing that McDonald's workers shouldn't get a pay rise because nurses should earn more will still vote Tory "because they're the party that can grow the economy", even though it's under their economic principles that public sector workers wages have stagnated and - with inflation - regressed so much. Also, if the Tories legislated for fair working conditions in both the public and private sector, and raised corporation tax levels (one of the lowest in either the EU or G20) and actually enforced it, they'd be more than able to pay public sector workers a fair wage whilst these monolithic companies were legally bound to pay their employees.

However, they won't, as we know, because the Tories are complete and utter vermin.

I don't mind the ordering screens.

Why do people look down when they should be looking up?