Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

9 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Screenshot_20240207_231956_X.jpg

Most of the Royalists that like this type of crap are the Gammons that would want that wee Peruvian bear on a plane to Rwanda.

Poor wee buggers career tarnished and destroyed by association with Chucks mum in a 1 minute clip that was meant to relaunch both their careers, 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Why is Paddington seen to be some sort of Grim Reaper by royalists? 

I'm assuming it feeds on from that daft video the old yin did a few years back.

At the time they were wetting themselves at how well she delivered her lines, but by that stage I'm not entirely convinced she didn't think she was actually talking to a real bear.

It's an indication of how little the public actually know about these figures as actual people.  What was generally known about the Queen?  She... liked corgis?  She... did a video with Paddington Bear once?  Something about sandwiches?  Pretty thin gruel, so anyone who actually does want some kind of weird parasocial relationship with the Queen has to inflate those scraps into basically being her whole personality.  SHE LOVED PADDINGTON, DID THE DEAR OLD QUEEN!  It's not much to go on, so you get this utterly bizarre situation where Paddington Bear has become some kind of psychopomp.

It probably also helps that Paddington has been around long enough to become Beloved National Nostalgia.  He's like a teddy bear version of a Spitfire, or something.

Can't quite understand why the undeniably fictitious Paddington Bear has been given such a close association with an undemocratic Head of State allegedly selected for office by a supernatural entity.

As I understand it, Paddington comes from Peru, which has a directly elected Head of State.  Paddington might be more likely to be a member of Republic.

5 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Can't quite understand why the undeniably fictitious Paddington Bear has been given such a close association with an undemocratic Head of State allegedly selected for office by a supernatural entity.

As I understand it, Paddington comes from Peru, which has a directly elected Head of State.  Paddington might be more likely to be a member of Republic.

I may be misremembering but I’m fairly sure the reason Paddington came all the way from Peru was because he wanted to meet the Queen and thought he’d just pitch up at Buckingham Palace and get invited in. 

11 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I may be misremembering but I’m fairly sure the reason Paddington came all the way from Peru was because he wanted to meet the Queen and thought he’d just pitch up at Buckingham Palace and get invited in. 

Class traitor! 😁

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

I thought that was Michael Bentine's father...

15 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

It's an indication of how little the public actually know about these figures as actual people.  What was generally known about the Queen?  She... liked corgis?  She... did a video with Paddington Bear once?  Something about sandwiches?  Pretty thin gruel, so anyone who actually does want some kind of weird parasocial relationship with the Queen has to inflate those scraps into basically being her whole personality.  SHE LOVED PADDINGTON, DID THE DEAR OLD QUEEN!  It's not much to go on, so you get this utterly bizarre situation where Paddington Bear has become some kind of psychopomp.

It probably also helps that Paddington has been around long enough to become Beloved National Nostalgia.  He's like a teddy bear version of a Spitfire, or something.

From what is publicly known, her interests included horse racing, driving and tax evasion.

From what is probable, she also loved alcohol and hearing stories of her philandering, racist husbands debauchery.

She had no real formal education, and never had any real job.

A weird, sad life.

10 hours ago, SH Panda said:

From what is publicly known, her interests included horse racing, driving and tax evasion.

From what is probable, she also loved alcohol and hearing stories of her philandering, racist husbands debauchery.

A weird, sad life.

Yes apparently had the staff come and tell her all the gossip going on about Balmoral etc. 

12 hours ago, SH Panda said:

A weird, sad life.

I'm not a drinker myself, but that kind of life would probably drive me towards the bottle as well.  What a numbingly stupid way to live. 

On 08/02/2024 at 11:12, A Diamond For Me said:

Completely fabricated relationships between the Royal Family and Bears is it? 

Rangers thread for this pish

15 hours ago, SH Panda said:

A weird, sad life.

She had a very brief but significant career as a political campaigner so we should think very carefully before writing her off