January Transfer Rumours

They rejected a bid of £150 from down south. Dundee were supposed to have bid something similar. Never heard anything about United bidding in Jan but maybe I am wrong. The boy only had 5 months left on his contract at that point so he would have been going somewhere if the valuation Ayr put on him was offered, which was reported to be £200k at that point.

Neilson spoke about in a presser they tried to get him in jan

42 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

utter nonsense.

I'm presuming there were limitations that weren't mentioned when discussed on the radio but that is what was described. 

We could have done with some extra bodies for the bench tbh. 

utter nonsense.

McCall said that McCann gave him a number of players to pick from but laughed off the offer as he “hadn’t even heard of any of them”.

McCann trying to get us to part with the guy who knocked them out the cup by offering us utter no marks is hilarious.

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCall said that McCann gave him a number of players to pick from but laughed off the offer as he “hadn’t even heard of any of them”.

McCann trying to get us to part with the guy who knocked them out the cup by offering us utter no marks is hilarious.

Wouldn't it have been McIntyre?

Man, last season... what a ride.

Wouldn't it have been McIntyre?
Man, last season... what a ride.

Nah McCann was still in charge in the summer. It was only a few days after we beat you in the League Cup that you started making bids for him.

9 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Is there actually any point/ benefit to having a transfer window for teams below the Premiership? 🤔

I'm beginning to think not...

I think that in the Highland League there's no transfer window. Remember a Cove fan telling me that, saying it was the reason they weren't worried about missing out on promotion one season. They then lost to Cowdenbeath.

Think the point of it is to stop someone like United from buying all the league's talent come March when they are 10pts behind the league leaders. Think it's a good rule in general. Although the rules regarding loans need relaxed a bit imho.