January Transfer Rumours

• 2 weeks later...

Celtic have recalled Steven Welsh from his loan while Peter Grant is off to join the latest knot of mercenaries at Queens Park. Neither of which will be greatly missed for their performances in a Morton jersey but it does leave us with just two centre backs in the first team squad: one of which being the permacrocked and terminally slow Brian McLean. Unless we’re freeing up budget for Sir Gavin Gunning to return then this has been a mystifying day of transfer activity.

Dundee and QoS keen to get Berra from Hearts. Thistle were interested but are now focusing on getting Brownlie from QoS. 

I wonder if Hearts will play games with the Dees again? 

From the Daily Record so could be nonsense but seems plausible...

11 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Dundee and QoS keen to get Berra from Hearts. Thistle were interested but are now focusing on getting Brownlie from QoS. 

I wonder if Hearts will play games with the Dees again? 

From the Daily Record so could be nonsense but seems plausible...

We payed actual currency, legal tender, for Jack Hamilton. We will get Berra for a record fee.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re signing 2 players this coming week but nothing concrete in terms of actual names. Tidser, McShane, Brett McGavin and Corrie Ndaba have all been mentioned.

Interesting when Kerr said getting another 2 players and good to add experience to squad ! So I think it will be experienced signing and possible Ipswich loan , still leaves us two loan spaces but believe he is looking longer term and offering guys contracts rather than loans 

Interesting when Kerr said getting another 2 players and good to add experience to squad ! So I think it will be experienced signing and possible Ipswich loan , still leaves us two loan spaces but believe he is looking longer term and offering guys contracts rather than loans 

I’d be delighted with the Ipswich CB and one of Tidser or McShane. Tidser is rumoured to have an offer from Queens Park and I think QOTS is the favoured option for McShane. It sounded like Kerr knows who he wants and is pretty close so we’ll wait and see.

38 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Was he better than Jack Hamilton earlier this season?

I think he was, he did have a couple of dumb goals go past him (vs ICT and Morton), but was more reliable imo Than Hamilton. The derby lots wasn't his fault and he had some good games for us. I'm personally quite happy with this.

34 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be delighted with the Ipswich CB and one of Tidser or McShane. Tidser is rumoured to have an offer from Queens Park and I think QOTS is the favoured option for McShane. It sounded like Kerr knows who he wants and is pretty close so we’ll wait and see.

Would take Lovejoy back at QoS now need creativity in middle of park plus a also Berra a winger & a striker please.. Not asking for much. 

Would take Lovejoy back at QoS now need creativity in middle of park plus a also Berra a winger & a striker please.. Not asking for much. 
We don't need Berra or another striker. We've got a striker capable of hammering teams, what we don't have is a competent midfield capable of providing him with the chances.

2 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Apparently we have two players we are interested in.

No clue who they are. Conflicting gossip on when/if they are signing.

See below. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d be delighted with the Ipswich CB 

He's apparently off to United. Followed the wrong Dundee club on Twitter.