January Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

In the next 3-5 years Appere will get a transfer fee at least worth double that. 

Played half a season in an absolutely rats league. No way is any team paying anywhere close to that for him.

Stoke looking at Cosgrove and Shanks, but the money offered is pitiful. File under New York Red Bulls - in clubs that just want a Scottish-based striker.

£3m is about £7m too low for Cosgrove and £3m too low for big Lawrence.

Apparently, there were 22 scouts looking at Shankland on Saturday. I think its far more likely that we'll lose Louis Appere to Leeds/Forest. Perfect EFL Championship player and I reckon we'd let him go for £2m, or £1.5+ addons.

Howling at this.

17 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Played half a season in an absolutely rats league. No way is any team paying anywhere close to that for him.

I wouldn't read too much into it. The same was said about Ali Coote and he got about 40 minutes and has just been released by Brentford B team. 

Appere is a decent youngster, nowhere near athletic enough for the English Championship though. 

Stoke looking at Cosgrove and Shanks, but the money offered is pitiful. File under New York Red Bulls - in clubs that just want a Scottish-based striker.

Apparently, there were 22 scouts looking at Shankland on Saturday. I think its far more likely that we'll lose Louis Appere to Leeds/Forest. Perfect EFL Championship player and I reckon we'd let him go for £2m, or £1.5+ addons.
Utterly delusional.

8 hours ago, Dele said:

I wouldn't read too much into it. The same was said about Ali Coote and he got about 40 minutes and has just been released by Brentford B team. 

Appere is a decent youngster, nowhere near athletic enough for the English Championship though. 

Ali Coote's never played half a season for us.

32 minutes ago, Dele said:

That didn't stop some of your fans claiming he was the next big thing and would be sold for about £3m when he got subbed on one game. 

Great Potential Ability on FM2015 though.....

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

You'd think a 4th season down here would go some way to instilling a bit of realism in them.

Obviously not.

You ken Dele's referencing posts (almost certainly imaginary) which were made (probably not made) several years ago? Bit unfair to criticise the imaginary posters for not displaying the wisdom of an experience which hadn't even happened when the posts were (almost certainly not) made.

17 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

You ken Dele's referencing posts (almost certainly imaginary) which were made (probably not made) several years ago? Bit unfair to criticise the imaginary posters for not displaying the wisdom of an experience which hadn't even happened when the posts were (almost certainly not) made.

On 28/01/2020 at 17:38, ArabAuslander said:

On 28/01/2020 at 18:02, ArabianKnight said:

In the next 3-5 years Appere will get a transfer fee at least worth double that. 

Imaginary, indeed.