January Transfer Rumours

34 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Apparently we've signed Jonathan Afolabi on loan from Celtic. He's a striker. 

This was his press release from when he joined Celtic from Southampton. I've made only a couple of minor changes and it should be good to go...

CELTIC Dunfermline are delighted to welcome Jonathan Afolabi to the club, with the 19-year-old having signed a three-year deal with the Scottish champions Fife giants.

Speaking to Celtic Pars TV, Afolabi praised the club’s renowned Academy set-up and, having already met his new colleagues, can’t wait to prove himself on the training pitch. 

He said: “It’s been great so far. This is a big move for me and everything has been going well so far. The boys have been very welcoming, the fans have been great as well, and I’m delighted to be part of this family now. I can’t wait to drive forward from here.

Afolabi said his decision to join the Scottish champions Fife giants was an easy one to make, and identified the club’s winning mentality as integral to his process.

He added: “Celtic Dunfermline is just a stand-out team for me, and they have a great reputation of bringing youngsters from the Academy through the ranks. This is a great club, with a great history, and a great place for me to be a part of. I look forward to helping out in the seasons ahead. They area massive club

“The club has great facilities, and a great winning mentality, which is what I want to be a part of. My goal here is to be part of a winning squad, adopt that winning mentality, and learn from the boys. If I can learn from the senior players, I’ll hopefully have the chance to play in front of these great fans.

“With such a talented pool of players, it’s going to take time and hard work to break in, to prove myself to the manager and the dressing room – but that’s something I would have to do anyway. Hopefully I can get a bit of time on the pitch in the future to showcase what I’ve got.”

Still no rumours of who Morton might sign, but Hopkin has said we won’t be signing Michael Tidser. Unsure if rumours of him going to Ayr had any substance or it was just Ayr fans looking at what midfielders were available, but we won’t be going for him anyway.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Still no rumours of who Morton might sign, but Hopkin has said we won’t be signing Michael Tidser. Unsure if rumours of him going to Ayr had any substance or it was just Ayr fans looking at what midfielders were available, but we won’t be going for him anyway.

Announce Doolan

13 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Not sure how much truth is in the rumour. A couple of weeks ago a Falkirk fan posted on their thread that he was on his way to us on loan. Kerr confirmed on Saturday we would sign another two players and it’s strongly suspected it will be a CB and CM. Tidser and McShane seem to be the names that keep cropping up. 

If Morton are unable to afford him I’m not sure we will either. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not sure how much truth is in the rumour. A couple of weeks ago a Falkirk fan posted on their thread that he was on his way to us on loan. Kerr confirmed on Saturday we would sign another two players and it’s strongly suspected it will be a CB and CM. Tidser and McShane seem to be the names that keep cropping up. 

If Morton are unable to afford him I’m not sure we will either. 

I’m not sure if it was affording him more than Hopkin taking a view along the lines of ‘he had his chance to sign in the summer and didn’t so he can f**k off if he wants to come crawling back now’ tbh.

Which is exactly the sort of petty attitude which’ll send him right up in my estimation. Less sentimentality and plucky little Morton bollocks, more telling anyone and everyone else to go f**k themselves.

Stoke looking at Cosgrove and Shanks, but the money offered is pitiful. File under New York Red Bulls - in clubs that just want a Scottish-based striker.

£3m is about £7m too low for Cosgrove and £3m too low for big Lawrence.

Apparently, there were 22 scouts looking at Shankland on Saturday. I think its far more likely that we'll lose Louis Appere to Leeds/Forest. Perfect EFL Championship player and I reckon we'd let him go for £2m, or £1.5+ addons.

Stoke looking at Cosgrove and Shanks, but the money offered is pitiful. File under New York Red Bulls - in clubs that just want a Scottish-based striker.

Apparently, there were 22 scouts looking at Shankland on Saturday. I think its far more likely that we'll lose Louis Appere to Leeds/Forest. Perfect EFL Championship player and I reckon we'd let him go for £2m, or £1.5+ addons.
3M is a very good offer for Shankland if you consider he hasn't proven himself other than this league. And lets face it, it's hardly a high standard.

19 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

£2 million for Appere 🤣 get real mate