St Mirren vs Motherwell

The_Craig

On 06/07/2013 at 09:44, Reynard said:

When we left Love Street and moved to the new ground they got some utter w**k on a set of bagpipes and the full tartan regalia that Sir Walter Scott had invented as national dress and we took a tray that the groundsman had obviously prepared earlier which had a sod of turf in it with a white dot representing the centre spot.

Then a crowd of us followed the w****r of a piper and his shitty bagpipe screeching down the street to the new ground where the chairman or a lucky dip programme winner then proceeded to put the old centre spot onto the new centre spot.

It was fucking shit. I only went on it because the bloke I go to games with had to be in Paisley early to see some auntie of his that had fallen and broken her hip or something. So I went to the march thing and met him at the game.

The auntie died a few weeks later, probably from a morphine overdose, which is how most old folk snuff it in hospital.

Bed blocking old b*****ds.

If nothing else, the demolition of Love Street gave us one of the greatest posts on this website.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I remember as a young boy watching Kirk score 4 from the old covered terracing at Love St (unless I've totally Mandela'd it and it was at Fir Park)....

Is this about the third time you've done that this week?! :lol:

1 hour ago, The_Craig said:

Love Street was a fantastic ground.

I mind I went to my first away game in the cup with my dad, my grandpa and my auld great grandpa. I thought the auld bugger was about to drop dead by the time he got to the top of the stairs.

Did the away end not get dismantled and sold to another team? I want to say Morton bought it, but I may be making it up...

Aberdeen bought our metal urinal troughs from our lavvies. So, every time a Dons fan sees pish today, it’s not just their forward line... 😀

51 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If nothing else, the demolition of Love Street gave us one of the greatest posts on this website.

Except we never placed the old Love Street centre spot on the new stadium centre spot, pretty sure Fitzy and Abercrombie placed it on a pre-prepared spot on the touchline, right in front of the tunnel. So, every time the team ran out the new tunnel, they ran over the old centre spot of Love Street.

5 hours ago, Swello said:

I remember as a young boy watching Kirk score 4 from the old covered terracing at Love St (unless I've totally Mandela'd it and it was at Fir Park)....

That was one of my wedding days, so I wasn’t there (29/4/89)

Ah, memories of a midweek game and an altercation between Stevie Kirk and Billy Abercrombie for which they both got sent off (allegations of spitting by Kirk). Abercrombie refused to leave so the ref sent him 4 times and he ended up with a 12 game ban. Helped liven up a fairly drab (1-1 draw (IIRC).
Haa id forgotten about that game. Thanks for reminding me[emoji106]

17 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I also loved the steep stand at Love Street. Where exactly was Love St? I have looked at the map of paisley and can't mind.

Do you know our current ground? Walk out the main entrance of it and you are facing a street called Murray Street. Walk straight down Murray Street and at the end of it, you’ll be where the big away stand was at Love Street. The site of the old ground has just been completely filled with new housing. This is good news, because for about ten years, the site lay empty, bar for reminders of the old ground, a bit sad. The new housing streets were named after ex-Saints. They missed a few obvious ones though..... For Fcuk Sake Cheesy Crescent, Stubbs Cul-De-Sac, and Tommohawk Terrace.

... out the new gaff’, down Murray St, and the old midden was between the BP Garage marker and Albion St, which ran down behind the old main stand.... see my beautifully drawn red rectangle to show where it was. 😀

EEFDDF22-80F6-42A4-8B4D-E751C92B14AC.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

On 10/02/2020 at 15:06, thisGRAEME said:

Is this about the third time you've done that this week?! :lol:

On 10/02/2020 at 15:12, Swello said:

f**k knows &  probably - I can't remember. What else did I f**k up? :)

One of them was me, I have vivid Easter Road memories of the David Ferrer game, that was actually at Fir Park. 🤔

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Do you know our current ground? Walk out the main entrance of it and you are facing a street called Murray Street. Walk straight down Murray Street and at the end of it, you’ll be where the big away stand was at Love Street. The site of the old ground has just been completely filled with new housing. This is good news, because for about ten years, the site lay empty, bar for reminders of the old ground, a bit sad. The new housing streets were named after ex-Saints. They missed a few obvious ones though..... For Fcuk Sake Cheesy Crescent, Stubbs Cul-De-Sac, and Tommohawk Terrace.

... out the new gaff’, down Murray St, and the old midden was between the BP Garage marker and Albion St, which ran down behind the old main stand.... see my beautifully drawn red rectangle to show where it was. 😀

EEFDDF22-80F6-42A4-8B4D-E751C92B14AC.jpeg

Aye cheers mate. After @Wee Jock Poopong McPlop's description I was able to locate the place on google maps.