What Gives You The Heebie Jeebies?

Dee Man

On heights for me it's open/uncontained heights like that photo @mathematics posted. I've been up the Empire State and Top of the Rock, and on planes no problem, but three flights up in the QEUH looking over the balcony from the cafe and I was ready for moving into a ward. Beachy head too - crawled to the edge and looked over, couldn't stand up. Horrible. Glass floors too, couldn't do that. 

On heights for me it's open/uncontained heights like that photo [mention=18806]mathematics[/mention] posted. I've been up the Empire State and Top of the Rock, and on planes no problem, but three flights up in the QEUH looking over the balcony from the cafe and I was ready for moving into a ward. Beachy head too - crawled to the edge and looked over, couldn't stand up. Horrible. Glass floors too, couldn't do that. 

Same as this basically. Heights with some sort of barrier etc I’m ok with. Looking over the edge of a cliff or the like, nope!

Richard Branson did a show called Rebel Billionaire which was similar to The Apprentice.

One difference was the two bottom candidates faced a challenge.  In every episode the challenge involved heights.

Examples included walking across a plank between two hot air balloons.  Another involved climbing up the outside of a hot air balloon to attend a tea party on the top.

Aeroplanes. Specifically being on them when they take off. Any change of pitch in the engine noise, clunking sound or sudden vibration makes me think the engines or wings have fallen off and I have seconds left. By the time they land I'm usually fine. 
Me too and it seems to be getting worse the older i get, I have a friend who is a Captain for a major American airline and he is constantly telling me its ok, he always says "if i make it, you'll make it" he's been flying for almost 40 years, suppose i should listen to him.

40 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Richard Branson did a show called Rebel Billionaire which was similar to The Apprentice.

One difference was the two bottom candidates faced a challenge.  In every episode the challenge involved heights.

Examples included walking across a plank between two hot air balloons.  Another involved climbing up the outside of a hot air balloon to attend a tea party on the top.

Richard Branson IS a balloon

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Out walking in the hills last night with the dog (not euph) and these green eyes were following..

B1C1B232-911A-439E-B9CC-D9E647BFF810.jpeg

How far off the ground were they? Foxes eyes reflect a greenish yellow. Deer are more of a yellow.

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

How far off the ground were they? Foxes eyes reflect a greenish yellow. Deer are more of a yellow.

They were deer. Stupid "sight hound" was running about mad in the dark looking for them but they clocked him for the halfwit that he is and just stood still until he finished looking for them.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Sounds like a shit Fear Factor. 

3 hours ago, stevieKTID said:
8 hours ago, coprolite said:
Aeroplanes. Specifically being on them when they take off. Any change of pitch in the engine noise, clunking sound or sudden vibration makes me think the engines or wings have fallen off and I have seconds left. By the time they land I'm usually fine. 

Me too and it seems to be getting worse the older i get, I have a friend who is a Captain for a major American airline and he is constantly telling me its ok, he always says "if i make it, you'll make it" he's been flying for almost 40 years, suppose i should listen to him.

Sure, this one landed ok

171001-world-a380-ugc-730a_6e942bd2d3634f0873d70148169e9d6b.fit-760w.jpg.3557c7088a23e96eb592b2c4bd4d992c.jpg

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

You are assuming everybody carries silver bullets with them all the time.

Not sure if that is true.

Shandon does, that's why I knew he'd be alright. He gave the werewolves 20 seconds to comply. 

I cannot touch cotton wool. It just feels so wrong and gives me the creeps.

Wasps, hornets and any other winged, stinging insect (minus bees, because they’re sound cnuts) give me the absolute fear.

I also cannot eat food when there is Halloween decorations up. I have no idea why. Think it’s just the ugly decor and grousome props that give the boak whenever I try and eat around it. We used to go all out at Halloween when I was a kid, so there was plenty of decorations up. Still can’t do it to this day.

Used to be the same with dinosaurs when I was a kid. Couldn’t eat anything in my cousins room because he was dinosaur daft. Had to make up daft excuses for eating snacks or dinner in the kitchen. That has went away, right enough.