The Relegation Battle

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

100 percent understand why Ayr fans would take a whole load of pleasure from Ian McCall getting relegated to be fair.

Cheers Brother. 

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:
100 percent understand why Ayr fans would take a whole load of pleasure from Ian McCall getting relegated to be fair.

The way in which he left seems to have stung a bit but given what he did for Ayr I think you'd have to be an extremely bitter individual to get great pleasure from him failing elsewhere.

I am

Most football fans in a nutshell tbf when it comes to people leaving. [emoji23]

If he left to better himself and ended up doing a lot worse than where he was then it's totally understandable.

It's only football too maybe need to chill a bit.
This is true. I used to get like that when I was a youngster but I can't remember the last time I 'booed' an ex-player. No loyalty in football.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
31 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Most football fans in a nutshell tbf when it comes to people leaving. emoji23.png

If he left to better himself and ended up doing a lot worse than where he was then it's totally understandable.

It's only football too maybe need to chill a bit.

This is true. I used to get like that when I was a youngster but I can't remember the last time I 'booed' an ex-player. No loyalty in football.

Footballers are self employed. Just like any of us they are entitled to move to another job. Usually the move pays more.

Football in general is a shit business. Clubs, Managers, Players, Agents all work for the benefit of themselves. 

With this in mind I certainly don’t get hung up on players wanting to make the most of the 15 or so years  they have in the game to make money.

The only true loyalty in football is the supporters.

I never really ever get angry at the football to the point I shout abuse or whatever, certainly never booed in my life either.

Anything such as McCall going to another team just adds another element to the drama and makes football what it is. All these wee things add en extra element to the entertainment, at the end of the day it's only a game of football and would be boring without it.

Fully understand McCalls decision but also fully behind any Ayr supporter that's wanting to see him fail miserably at the same time. [emoji23]

In seriousness the Thistle result and the draw in the other game on the face of it look like great results for Arbroath. United beating Alloa before we play next week would be handy too.

The way in which he left seems to have stung a bit but given what he did for Ayr I think you'd have to be an extremely bitter individual to get great pleasure from him failing elsewhere.

Not even just the way he left but the way he acted in his last few months didn’t show himself in the best light.

That, the way he left and the hypocrisy of leaking Doc on a pre contract when he was raging last season when Neilson did it against us is why a lot of us want him to fail.

I’ve no real hatred but it would be funny if they went down. That’s all.

Footballers are self employed. Just like any of us they are entitled to move to another job. Usually the move pays more.
Football in general is a shit business. Clubs, Managers, Players, Agents all work for the benefit of themselves. 
With this in mind I certainly don’t get hung up on players wanting to make the most of the 15 or so years  they have in the game to make money.

The only true loyalty in football is the supporters.
Footballers are not self employed [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Footballers obviously work for the clubs but their situation is bizarre, no other field would allow you to employ a representative who clubs have to pay either to have access to you (modern slavery) or pay to agree contracts with. Players if they need an agent should employ the agent not the other way round.

36 minutes ago, 101 said:

Footballers obviously work for the clubs but their situation is bizarre, no other field would allow you to employ a representative who clubs have to pay either to have access to you (modern slavery) or pay to agree contracts with. Players if they need an agent should employ the agent not the other way round.

Players do employ their agents.

footballers(and others in sport) are fairly unique but not totally.  
If a company employed a project manager on a 2 year contract and wanted to leave and work for a direct competitor half way through that they’d find that a very difficult process.  Quite a lot of contracts don’t allow employees to join a competitor without a significant gap.  

guess the biggest difference if you were in that position outside of sport you are still free to talk openly with the other company and come to a deal before negotiating your release from the original contract but in sport the negotiations are done firstly between the businesses and then the player gets the chance to talk to the other side. 

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Players do employ their agents.

footballers(and others in sport) are fairly unique but not totally.  
If a company employed a project manager on a 2 year contract and wanted to leave and work for a direct competitor half way through that they’d find that a very difficult process.  Quite a lot of contracts don’t allow employees to join a competitor without a significant gap.  

guess the biggest difference if you were in that position outside of sport you are still free to talk openly with the other company and come to a deal before negotiating your release from the original contract but in sport the negotiations are done firstly between the businesses and then the player gets the chance to talk to the other side. 

Certain agents charge the club an access fee or brokering fee the players should pay all the agents fees otherwise what's the point?

11 hours ago, 101 said:

Saying "no other field" and then referring to agents, a job which exists for a great number of different fields

9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Saying "no other field" and then referring to agents, a job which exists for a great number of different fields

Can you give me an example of where an agent can charge an employer for access to someone, this is modern slavery, the agent owns the player they can only play for clubs willing to pay access fees, despite the player employing the agent. It's a slippery slope and one the football world seems to have sleep walked into.

Spoiler

The following definitions are encompassed within the term 'modern slavery' for the purposes of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.

These are:

'slavery' is where ownership is exercised over a person

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Can you give me an example of where an agent can charge an employer for access to someone, this is modern slavery, the agent owns the player they can only play for clubs willing to pay access fees, despite the player employing the agent. It's a slippery slope and one the football world seems to have sleep walked into.

Third-party ownership was banned by both FIFA and the EU in 2015.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Third-party ownership was banned by both FIFA and the EU in 2015.

I know, and yet cash for access happens to this day.

ETA examples of other industries of agents working in this way?

Edited by 101

20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Never fully took to McCall, a very flawed manager who had a disaster just round the corner at all times and I thought he was an absolute weapon of a guy. 

Did a good job with us leaving us in a good place but he will always be the idiot manager that lost to a junior club, f**k him. Long may he fail. 

For 8th place or higher

Bare minimum : 34 points

More likely than not: 41 points

Better than 90% chance 43 points

For 4th place or higher

Bare minimum: 44 points

More likely than not: 51 points

Better than 90% chance: 54 points

I won’t include the chance of winners unless Utd start leaking oil very very badly. They can still mathematically drop out of the top 4 but it’s almost impossible. And yes, Ayr and Dundee can still finish bottom but I wouldn’t be betting on it.

1581347477306_10 Feb.PNG

Edited by Fuctifano