The Relegation Battle

QOTS vs Morton on the last day is already looking pretty tasty.

Arbroath v Alloa that day too.

I said I'd imagine things would look bleak after our next couple of fixtures and we have got 6 points from them. Sums this league up.

More favourable fixtures coming up now, so let's see what happens. DC has done well in January freshening things up.

Update after weekend’s games- the teams at the top not winning has ticked the projected safety numbers up a little.

For survival:

Absolute minimum :                        34 points

More likely than not:                      41 points

Greater than 90% chance              44 points

For promotion playoffs:

Absolute minimum:                         46 points

More likely than not:                      51 points

Greater than 90% chance             54 points

I’ll post the individual % every 3 weeks or so until we hit the last half dozen games as folk tend to focus on the week to week swings.

QOS v Partick Thistle on the final day of last season was probably similarly regarded by many. The reality was it was as easy a win as you could imagine for Thistle.
Yip. If we need a win on the last day we'll be relegated.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

QOS v Partick Thistle on the final day of last season was probably similarly regarded by many. The reality was it was as easy a win as you could imagine for Thistle.

Yip. If we need a win on the last day we'll be relegated.

Don't worry about it, Petra will sort it out!

Update after weekend’s games- the teams at the top not winning has ticked the projected safety numbers up a little.
For survival:
Absolute minimum :                        34 points
More likely than not:                      41 points
Greater than 90% chance              44 points
For promotion playoffs:
Absolute minimum:                         46 points
More likely than not:                      51 points
Greater than 90% chance             54 points

I’ll post the individual % every 3 weeks or so until we hit the last half dozen games as folk tend to focus on the week to week swings.
Is "For survival' 9th and above or 8th and above?

14 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes, I was thinking exactly this when I saw the post.

That really was the most abject Queens performance.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I was thinking exactly this when I saw the post.

That really was the most abject Queens performance.

The manager had thrown in the towel long before then,  a disappointing performance but not surprising in the circumstances. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Our next three fixtures will be the ones that determine how the rest of our season pans out. 

If we do the unthinkable and actually pick up 3 points against both Inverness and Dundee United, combined with a victory against struggling Partick, we are well and truly in the hunt for 2nd place, never mind a play-off. Conversely, we could quite easily lose all 3 and find ourselves back in the mire. Exciting stuff. 

So do I, neither in the team or in himself.  I was one of the over-enthusiastic ones after GN had his contract renewed, I have to admit, and I still regret that he didn't quite cut it on the positive approach to tactics.  I truly think he did give his best for the club, and his comms were excellent, even  if occasionally prone to shifting the blame onto players in a slightly unedifying manner. I believe that if only he'd worked us into a survival position before the end of the season, received sufficient backing from the BoD and picked up a little more tactical positivity - yes, those add up to quite a lot - he'd have turned out a really good manager for Queens for a good while.

Think the league one sides will fancy their chances this year.
QoS cantered it with a half fit Dobbie last year but whatever two out of Falkirk, Airdrie and Raith don't go up automatically would be a lot more dangerous this year.

It certainly helps the championship side that 2nd and 3rd will need to play each other first, arguably that might be seen as a bigger tie than the final and whoever wins the other semi might benefit from the other side being out of energy. Particularly if the title race remains so close.

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It certainly helps the championship side that 2nd and 3rd will need to play each other first, arguably that might be seen as a bigger tie than the final and whoever wins the other semi might benefit from the other side being out of energy. Particularly if the title race remains so close.

At present there is 2 pts between 3rd and 4th and if Montrose win their game in hand that will 0. So I don't think there is much benefit in playing against either.