The Relegation Battle

12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I think he does but I never like that argument. Surely if the director wasn’t forking out for his wages they’d still be contributing at least some of that money to the club?

If my club was leaking goals week in/week out and a director was forking out a small fortune on a vanity project player to play upfront when other areas are more in need I widnae be happy.

Fortunately for Queen of the South the their entire team is gubbins so isn't as much of an issue as every area needs help.

33 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Is it obvious to anyone else that Rudolph Hucker is far more emotionally involved in this than VT is?

hmm, “emotionally involved” ?  To the extent that It’s  fun pointing and laughing at one of the most pompous trolls on the board, then aye. 👍

31 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

In the sense he's more likely to skin the other one alive and wear them while posting on P&B, yes.

Nah, it would never fit.

Nice idea, though. MWAAHAHAHAHAAAA........

4 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

hmm, “emotionally involved” ?  To the extent that It’s  fun pointing and laughing at one of the most pompous trolls on the board, then aye. 👍

It's naw just VT tho' is it? You take anything said in your direction dangerously to heart, can't let anything go, then spend just as much time telling us all how not bothered you are whilst, quite clearly, being bothered.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Is it obvious to anyone else that Rudolph Hucker is far more emotionally involved in this than VT is?

It's impossible for VT to be emotionally involved, he's a sociopath.

40 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

It's naw just VT tho' is it? You take anything said in your direction dangerously to heart, can't let anything go, then spend just as much time telling us all how not bothered you are whilst, quite clearly, being bothered.

😄 Never fails to amuse me that P&B seems to have such a high percentage of mindreaders amongst its posters.  Someone accuses you of being “bothered”,  you respond with a mild  “ naw a’m urny”  and then they pounce: “AHA -  see, TELT ye - he’s BOTHERT!!” 🤪

I respond  to things when I can be “bothert”  or am looking for a bit of fun; it’s not real life, it’s just the interweb and far as I’m aware I don’t personally know anyone who posts on here, so whether anyone likes or dislikes anything I post us up to them and doesn’t bother me at all (  cue “SEE? HE’S BOTHERT!!”  type post) 👍.

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Does Dobbie not get paid by a director or something? Or he at least funds his wages and gives them to the club. 

There are rumours a former director pays his wages, but nothing has ever been confirmed. The current directors don’t pay in anything AFAIIA.

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I think he does but I never like that argument. Surely if the director wasn’t forking out for his wages they’d still be contributing at least some of that money to the club?

Agreed. Makes no sense that they would pay in for Dobbie but not if the manager wanted the money for different players. If anything is being paid in for Dobbie, and I am far from convinced that there is, it becomes part of the budget.

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😄 Never fails to amuse me that P&B seems to have such a high percentage of mindreaders amongst its posters.  Someone accuses you of being “bothered”,  you respond with a mild  “ naw a’m urny”  and then they pounce: “AHA -  see, TELT ye - he’s BOTHERT!!” 🤪

I respond  to things when I can be “bothert”  or am looking for a bit of fun;

It's every single post tho'. You're in denial if you're claiming it's only when you can be bothered. Absolutely every comment that mentioned you: you bite on. If you aren't bothered you wouldn't reply. But you do. Every time. 

On 03/03/2020 at 08:50, virginton said:

And we also know the results of this experiment:

- no cup runs
- no promotion playoffs
- finishing below part time dross on a regular basis
- now getting relegated as an utter gang of a side

Minor fact checks:

- We had a half decent Scottish Cup run last season and have made the latter stages of the Challenge Cup with him in the side a couple of times, though I presume you're not counting that. Also made the last 8 of the League Cup in his 1st season back which made us a lot of money from a televised trip to Ibrox.

- Correct, no promotion playoffs.

- I think we've only once finished below a part time team in Dobbie's time and that was the single point Alloa finished above us last season (though we may well finish below both Alloa and Arbroath this season but that's yet to be proven).

- Not relegated yet!

22 hours ago, Flash said:

There are rumours a former director pays his wages, but nothing has ever been confirmed. The current directors don’t pay in anything AFAIIA.

Somebody said it online once and wrote "FACT" after it so it must be true. The only fact is nobody who actually knows the detail is going to confirm one way or the other the details of Dobbie's contract or anyone else's.

The current directors provide tens of thousands of pounds worth of uncharged services to the club from their other businesses (which is noted in the published accounts each). When they depart it's going to have a massive impact on the ability of the club to fund a player budget, unless of course it is replaced by new directors doing the same.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The current directors provide tens of thousands of pounds worth of uncharged services to the club from their other businesses (which is noted in the published accounts each). When they depart it's going to have a massive impact on the ability of the club to fund a player budget, unless of course it is replaced by new directors doing the same.

So, they don’t pay anything in, which is what I thought.  And they wouldn’t provide any uncharged services if they weren’t directors? Probably unlikely that a former director is funding Dobbie’s wages, then. And if their failure to provide services will have a massive impact on the player budget, they’re not doing very well in their plan to make the club sustainable.

Guest Flash
3 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😄 Sorry mate, combination of working on a phone in a noisy pub and drink being taken meant that wasn't aimed at you. \post deleted, off to wipe egg off coupon now. Have a good night. 😀😁😁

No worries. Deleted my reply quoting your original post.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Minor fact checks:

- We had a half decent Scottish Cup run last season and have made the latter stages of the Challenge Cup with him in the side a couple of times, though I presume you're not counting that. Also made the last 8 of the League Cup in his 1st season back which made us a lot of money from a televised trip to Ibrox.

- Correct, no promotion playoffs.

- I think we've only once finished below a part time team in Dobbie's time and that was the single point Alloa finished above us last season (though we may well finish below both Alloa and Arbroath this season but that's yet to be proven).

- Not relegated yet!

Thanx for that - a nice bit of actual FACT- based analysis there. 👍