The Relegation Battle

There is absolutely not a chance that Dunfermline Athletic will be anywhere near the relegation zone. It is now a straight shoot-out between inconsistent Alloa, an utterly jobby Thistle and a laughable QoS team who will still undoubtedly give us a severe roasting at Palmerston.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Win our game in hand over Partick and we really shouldn't be anywhere near it come the end of the season. 40 points SHOULD be enough this season, but not counting my chickens. 

Imagine if we could perform against part-timers and get results against Inverness when we really should be? 

Imagine if we hadn’t played utter jobbers in goal for 6 months

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Win our game in hand over Partick and we really shouldn't be anywhere near it come the end of the season. 40 points SHOULD be enough this season, but not counting my chickens. 

Imagine if we could perform against part-timers and get results against Inverness when we really should be? 

Think about our performances against St Mirren, Celtic, Dundee and Dundee United and compare them to defeats against Alloa, Arbroath and Stranraer. Might as well be two different teams.

I was hugely encouraged at the weekend but previous experience tells you we might not beat Arbroath or Queens.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Erm yes - in the dying stages of Saturday’s match, as Queen of the South were getting dicked 0-4 in front of about 200 home fans left, I was simply furious that we too hadn’t made a ‘big’ but fundamentally useless signing.

You slaverring moron.

Hmmm yes, I seem to recall you referring to Dobbie as a “fat puffing mess” on a regular basis at the beginning of last season. You soon dropped that as the guy went on a phenomenal scoring run - for you tohave kept it up would’ve had some on here calling you a slavering moron....... 🤪

Dobbie’s goals were the single biggest factor in keeping QoS in this division last season. If that fits your definition of  “a ‘big’ but fundamentally useless signing”  (see “O’Connor, Garry , 2014) then I’m afraid there’s absolutely no hope for you as a credible poster on this board.

.......especially given your jakey tosspot appearance. 😄🤪👍

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

If Queen of the South had used the same huge sums of money that they have chucked at Dobbie to fix the rest of their dogshit team then they wouldn’t have finished 9th behind a part time team, nor have to come back against a pub team like Montrose in the first place. And now he’s completely finished and they’re going down like an abject rabble.

So a fundamentally useless signing it is then.

As far as I remember there was no transfer fee involved in taking Dobbie back to Queens. If you know the facts (that’s a laugh) and figures of his wages and any signing-on fee then please share them; Then and oonly then will we be able to assess the monetary value of his signing. There can be little doubt however that his goals kept them up - unlike your guesswork, that IS fact. 

Behind the bluster you’re floundering here. That’s ANOTHER fact. All remaining credibility lost.......        you hate to see it. *

* -  no, I don’t.  😄😄😄

4 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

There is absolutely not a chance that Dunfermline Athletic will be anywhere near the relegation zone. 

We said that when we went on that 6 game run last season and we ended up only a point from second bottom. I am really not counting my chickens, although this time around we look a lot better for finishing mid-table or even a surge for the play-offs. 

I'll post a full update after the midweek games but everyone including Arbroath upwards is showing as 98% safe or higher and would have to go on a Hibs 2014 level run to the finish to get dragged into it, it's a 3 way fight  / race to the bottom now.

Edited by Fuctifano

15 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'll post a full update after the midweek games but everyone including Arbroath upwards is showing as 98% safe or higher and would have to go on a Hibs 2014 level run to the finish to get dragged into it, it's a 3 way fight  / race to the bottom now.

Or two of the three at the bottom would need to hit an unexpected hot streak?

I do think it will be Alloa and Queens in the bottom two now but this league tends to change constantly.

On 22/01/2020 at 11:26, D'Jaffo said:

I reckon Partick will end up 5th or 6th after making a big push for the playoffs but just falling short.

Arbroath to stay up in 8th whilst Morton and Alloa go down with the Ton beaten by Airdrie in the playoff final.

Nostradamus’ less talented brother.

Alloa have looked worse than last season but they have a bit of fight about them. We have a shower of gutless charlatans. How many times have Alloa come from behind to get a result this season? It'll be far far more than we've managed I expect.

As far as I remember there was no transfer fee involved in taking Dobbie back to Queens. If you know the facts (that’s a laugh) and figures of his wages and any signing-on fee then please share them; Then and oonly then will we be able to assess the monetary value of his signing. There can be little doubt however that his goals kept them up - unlike your guesswork, that IS fact. 
 Behind the bluster you’re floundering here. That’s ANOTHER fact. All remaining credibility lost.......        you hate to see it. *

* -  no, I don’t.  [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

What does the lack of a transfer fee have to do with anything? Are you so stupid that you think Dobbie’s wage demands are equivalent to a jobber like, say, Kalvin Orsi?

We know fine well what Dobbie’s transfer value is: it’s borne out in the squad of utter dung that Queen of the South are left with after shipping all their money to that fat waster every season. And we also know the results of this experiment:

- no cup runs
- no promotion playoffs
- finishing below part time dross on a regular basis
- now getting relegated as an utter gang of a side

If you think that ‘scoring the goals against Montrose’ is in any way a credible counterpoint to the above record then you’re a moron. Though as we’ve already long established that, this is just you doubling down on your daily humiliation on this forum.

7 hours ago, virginton said:

What does the lack of a transfer fee have to do with anything? Are you so stupid that you think Dobbie’s wage demands are equivalent to a jobber like, say, Kalvin Orsi?

We know fine well what Dobbie’s transfer value is: it’s borne out in the squad of utter dung that Queen of the South are left with after shipping all their money to that fat waster every season. And we also know the results of this experiment:

- no cup runs
- no promotion playoffs
- finishing below part time dross on a regular basis
- now getting relegated as an utter gang of a side

If you think that ‘scoring the goals against Montrose’ is in any way a credible counterpoint to the above record then you’re a moron. Though as we’ve already long established that, this is just you doubling down on your daily humiliation on this forum.

OOOH, can just imagine his wee foot stamping and his voice rising two whole octaves as he was typing that!  😄😄😄 And I love it when he resorts to personal abuse as it's just further proof that he's rattled.

If you REALLY can't comprehend what influence a transfer fee would have on Dobbie's financial cost to QoS then there is truly no hope for you.  And I asked you for your evidence to show the "huge sums of money that they have chucked at Dobbie" - still waiting. You don't have any proof whatsoever, do you?

It's often been said in the past that Dobbie's wage demands certainly did not hold QoS to ransom, and that he could've gone elsewhere for much more. I give that rather more credence than your jaundiced view, thank you very much. And that "fat waster", as you call him, vied with another of your favourites, Lawrence Shankland (who admittedly was a bit of a fat mess when he was at Cappielow), for top scorer in the Championship last term.

So, it's clear that Dobbie hasn't cost Queens an arm and a leg. His scoring record last season was undoubtedly fundamental in keeping them in the Championship.  Had he not been there last season, the wages freed up would have allowed Gary Naysmith at best to sign two, maybe three, more "jobbers", as you call them - I'm being kind to you here and assuming no transfer fees or signing on fees - who would be very unlikely to have scored as many goals as Dobbie did or have shored up the defence enough to have kept them up.

Come back as and when you can show that proof of Dobbie's earnings. I won't be holding my breath.......

Oh, and smarten yourself up a bit, there's the lad - that heroin chic schtick is soooo passe these days

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Does Dobbie not get paid by a director or something? Or he at least funds his wages and gives them to the club. 

You could well be right, I think there's something like that. Hopefully a Queens fan will clarify and maybe shut that mouth on a stick up for a little while....... 

29 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Does Dobbie not get paid by a director or something? Or he at least funds his wages and gives them to the club. 

I think he does but I never like that argument. Surely if the director wasn’t forking out for his wages they’d still be contributing at least some of that money to the club?