Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

If they self isolate over 70s my mother in laws partner will be affected. He lives in a tiny flat in his own and is in the early stages of dementia. I can’t see him abiding by it tbh.

I'm not getting the impression it will be a legal police-enforced restriction for the over 70s, in the same way it may well be for the infected, more of an advisory thing. I'm sure if he wonders out he'll just be returned home.

Obviously if he then gets it the two would overlap though.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

If they self isolate over 70s my mother in laws partner will be affected. He lives in a tiny flat in his own and is in the early stages of dementia. I can’t see him abiding by it tbh.

There will need to be exceptions, common sense dictates that.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I've got a chap in Dundee who checks out my jobbies every couple of years, keeps himself to himself, only communicates by post. Same guy?

:lol:

What you do for your kicks is entirely your business...

He is a lab assistant, I think now in the QMH. Possibly still in separate offices near Tradeston, but fairly sure they were shifted a year or two back.

Sister in law was taken to the hospital with suspected symptoms just there. She was told she'd be getting tested and getting some sort of scan on her lungs, so waited for a wee while only for them to basically change their minds and send her home to isolation as she wasn't in the vulnerable category etc.  Feel sorry for the doctors and nurses on the front line as evidently no one's experienced this before and even those at the top aren't sure what to do yet.  Although the only thing you can be sure of is that the confirmed number is absolutely miles off the number of folk who actually have it. 

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Common sense in government policy and how it is applied.

That's  a pretty big reach based on their response so far, imo.

My Gran (80s and racked with dementia in a care home) has heart failure and is not expected to live another six months.

Realised last night I'll probably never see her again.

Pretty sure that the other teacher in my year group has it. She had to leave our residential trip early on Thursday morning and now has a bad cough, severe headaches and a fever.

Since she's not in a priority group, she can't get a test, and as the illness can't be confirmed, there's no official advice or guidance for the rest of us. Which seems mad.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

7 minutes ago, The DA said:

Common sense.  In the over-70s?

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Common sense in government policy and how it is applied.

Is that not the same thing?

Maybe I'm thinking of American politics.

2 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Pretty sure that the other teacher in my year group has it. She had to leave our residential trip early on Thursday morning and now has a bad cough, severe headaches and a fever.

Since she's not in a priority group, she can't get a test, and as the illness can't be confirmed, there's no official advice or guidance for the rest of us. Which seems mad.

It’s almost as if this rich, rich country with a history of a publicly funded health service has no blueprint for dealing with a health crisis that was bound to happen one day.

6 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Where and when was this trip?