Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

He said on Friday that he was going to visit his maw on mother's day. Within 24 hours they realised that was a bad idea and backtracked.

UK government policy has been a laughing stock around the world on this. We won't see the full impact for a fortnight but it's not going to be pretty.

To be fair our Public Health professor said the same. He was also visiting his maw so boris wasn't out of step with advice.

Though I suspect Prof Leitch took better hand washing routines with him. 

The advice we have been given is to take regular exercise outdoors  . The slight flaw in your post. 
But my point is that if you have listened to advice and you only have the intention of following it and will be responsible in what you do then you don't need to ask the question because you know its OK.

Just now, JamesP_81 said:
20 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:
The advice we have been given is to take regular exercise outdoors  . The slight flaw in your post. 

But my point is that if you have listened to advice and you only have the intention of following it and will be responsible in what you do then you don't need to ask the question because you know its OK.

I'm not asking any question.  

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Fair do’s. Tomorrow is another day, and I’ll do my best whatever the news at 8.30 is. Promise. 🙂

I'm itching to go drive and I know I'd be super safe. 

I used to spin that toilet roll like I was on Wheel of Fortune. 
Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe...
[emoji1787][emoji1787] Did you steal this from somewhere because that is excellent.

I don't pass on much through what's app but that's gold. Well played

One thing that has not been discussed but used in some East Asian countries is an app that allows contact tracing. When someone comes down with the Covid 19, they can use it to locate people they have been in contact with. Pretty sinister but its a thread full of people begging to be put under house arrest. Its been discussed by those tackling the disease so its a possibility that among the measures announced they may make something similar for voluntary download. 

This thread should put the shits up any doubters. The one huge plus is apparently NHS managers have been making herculean efforts to expand critical care. Two weeks ago it was our biggest weakness now we may have a large amount of extra surge capacity to absorb some of the governments clusterfarce. 

Warning, the comments from the doctor are not for the faint hearted in places. 

Its a UK 

Coronavirus poop tool - how long will your stash of bog roll last for?

https://thepooptool.com/

Apparently the average person should use 1 toilet roll every 12 days.
I've got a severe version of crohn's disease and i honestly go through one roll per day.

You better believe we've been stocking up. Slowly and sensibly, of course. But I've got enough for 4 weeks. No doubt due to my condition I'll be self isolating soon but we'll play it by ear.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:
Heysir, I thought you were deid? There was a card and a collection and a'thing. 

To save you the hassle of returning it all, just send it on to me and I will deal with it

We all gave it to @Marshmallo

My example here is a take on a news reporter I listened to yesterday. Boris says take outdoor activities but be responsible. Reporter :-

" so you can go out to a park and play football?"

?"

My point being that we have all been told the guidelines to work within yet people still want to push boundaries or twist words to feel justified in doing what they want to do.

Human nature. selfish c***s we are.

Local school hubs here overwhelmed and having to ask people to try and accommodate their kids.

Guaranteed they are absolutely full of folk who want to work from home in peace and fired the kids off to school.
Mate who is a teacher had 4 kids who turned up to his school. Teachers have a rota to whom goes in