Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Calm the fcuk down. If I went to the lavvies in Tesco while buying essentials, by doing that, as you say, I’d be touching handles, doors, taps, toilet roll, the door locks, the hand driers. If others were in the lavvy or corridor leading to it, I’d be very close to them.

But it would be a requirement. You would be buying food which is essential to survival and needing to carry out an essential function of using the bathroom. It was not essential for you to play pitch and putt today cause you were bored sitting in the house.

2 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Covid-19 is nature's way of determining who is smart and who can't understand simple instructions.

It really isn't, though.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The government are almost completely out of patience, if they aren't indeed already done.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51999864

Things like that article and the pleas being made by officials across the UK on a daily basis getting more and more insistent and having to be emphasised are all pointing towards lockdown.

4 days ago the pubs were open. 13 days ago football matches still had crowds. (edited  they announced football to be played behind closed doors 12 March)

We are not going into lock down because of some people standing too close on a beach, we are doing so because they catastrophically misguessed the rate of progression of the disease in the UK and allowed it to grow from 387 on March 11 to 6650 today. 

It takes about 5 days for symptoms to show, we are still getting the cases from when they allowed pubs to be open. 

Edited by dorlomin

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Germany has a better healthcare system than the NHS.

All we have is 1966 and 2 World Wars.

No we don't, the Allies do.  Otherwise it's like Lancashire claiming it won the 1966 WC because that's where Geoff Hurst came from.

#PTTGOYN

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Calm the fcuk down. If I went to the lavvies in Tesco while buying essentials, by doing that, as you say, I’d be touching handles, doors, taps, toilet roll, the door locks, the hand driers. If others were in the lavvy or corridor leading to it, I’d be very close to them.

Today I was close to no-one. Causing no problems. Certainly touched no bunker rakes, my iron play was fcuking exceptional, and my aim true, so you retract your hurtful slur right now, and we’ll say no more.

Aye, I’m sure the statement tonight will teach me, and scum like me, a lesson. Now, I’m off for a custard cream.

They actually removed our Bunker rakes and have taken the pins out the practice putting green, while advising that we putt with the pins in on the big greens. (I hate putting with the pin in, but if needs must). Our scooty air gun things have also been placed off limits for the time being and social distancing also being taken very seriously. 

As you say, the risks appear very minimal if any at all.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

But it would be a requirement. You would be buying food which is essential to survival and needing to carry out an essential function of using the bathroom. It was not essential for you to play pitch and putt today cause you were bored sitting in the house.

Do you agree that the Prime Minister urged us to get outdoor physical exercise.

Do you agree that he told us to observe social distancing while doing it, and to be sensible.

Do you accept that I have been doing this.

That is all. Really.

How many times do grown adults need to be told " don't go out unless it is absolutely essential , this is really serious" before it sinks in. Weeks into this and folk are still trying to find loopholes in the advice we're being given.

" can we still go down the park for a kick about as long as we only play long shooty?"

If you have to ask the answer is probably no.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Do you agree that the Prime Minister urged us to get outdoor physical exercise.

Do you agree that he told us to observe social distancing while doing it, and to be sensible.

Do you accept that I have been doing this.

That is all. Really.

Do you accept they're going to admit they were wrong already. 

Just now, JamesP_81 said:

How many times do grown adults need to be told " don't go out unless it is absolutely essential , this is really serious" before it sinks in. Weeks into this and folk are still trying to find loopholes in the advice we're being given.

" can we still go down the park for a kick about as long as we only play long shooty?"

The advice we have been given is to take regular exercise outdoors  . The slight flaw in your post. 

2 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Boris said literally yesterday to get out and exercise responsibly.

I am almost all for the lockdown, but the idea that I cant go out for a run or on my bike for a number of months is giving me serious cause for concern.

People really are c***s though and that cant really be said enough times.

I have heard of some utter cuntish behaviour even within my own family.

Anyway, they are going to have to deliver absolutely crystal clear guidance on any lockdown scenario on who can do what.

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

The advice we have been given is to take regular exercise outdoors  . The slight flaw in your post. 

Once a day? 

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

They actually removed our Bunker rakes and have taken the pins out the practice putting green, while advising that we putt with the pins in on the big greens. (I hate putting with the pin in, but if needs must). Our scooty air gun things have also been placed off limits for the time being and social distancing also being taken very seriously. 

As you say, the risks appear very minimal if any at all.

I never putted out or touched the flags on many greens anyway. Wasn’t about scores, or holing out, or worrying too much about my golf game. Was a way to get out, smack a ball about a bit, and to be in isolation while doing it. The biggest danger I was to anyone today was when I pulled out into a roundabout a wee bit close to a Fiat 500. Gave them an apologetic wave, never meant it.