Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Bristol and Leeds councils have shut their parks this evening pre-empting Boris and “f**k the old folk” Cummings incompetent shit show of a government. 

Please accept my heartfelt apologies on this post.

I forgot to add #Torycunts

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

I just walked past a woman in a Tesco aisle, whilst making sure I was as far away from her as I could possibly be (probably a metre or so),  and she shouted ''SOCIAL AWARENESS!'' at me. It was quite disconcerting. I don't know what exactly she expected to happen during her afternoon shopping trip in London. 

"Fcuk off you stupid boot", is what immediately sprang to my mind there. I can honestly see there being lots of "incidents" over the coming days and weeks as there's many people either reached or very close to breaking point.

Sure, but in the real world exponential growth is impossible because you eventually run out of possibilities. This is why pyramid schemes all fail - at some point you just run out of susceptible people with whom there is a chain of contact.

Logistic growth is possibly a better model

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistic_function?wprov=sfti1

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

This is literally pish.

If we start with 5,000 cases, the geometric progression after , say 70 days,  could be 100 million-ish depending on how many days is 'a few'.

So, we're all going to die? Twice?

I'm not greedy, you can have both my deaths, a 4 pack of toilet roll and a packet of penne. 

BBC Scotland right now. Alex Salmond story. Salmond and four or five of his team and two cops walk out, side by side. A group of seven or more all a foot away from each other. Met outside and photographed by an absolute gaggle of photographers squashed together. Took Salmond himself to tell them what they’re doing isn’t safe, as the fat fud is standing side by side with his team, giving social distancing something approaching less of a flying fcuk himself. Now the footage shows him shaking hands with well-wishers outside. 

Earlier on the news, the Health Minister helping out, carrying boxes of NHS equipment alongside warehouse workers. Social distancing? Aye, sure. Physically brushing past each other, actual contact.

So many c***s, so many two-faced fcuks can simply go fcuk themselves.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Message received and disagreed with. Hardly saw another person all day, yeah, touched some surfaces, but I touched surfaces getting money out the cashline last week, by picking up a petrol pump yesterday, by having to open doors to toilets...

Any advice on how not to touch things would be greatly appreciated. 

I’m not planning to lock myself indoors completely and for exercise, walk around the living room in circles. If we go full lockdown, will get my exercise and vitamins from the sun by walking to and from the shops for essentials. It will likely result in me touching more surfaces than I did today.

Sorry if this upsets the ‘lock yourself indoors and do not come out at all’ brigade. 

You NEED to open the toilet door to do a shite. You do not NEED to go out and pick up the bunker rake while you're hacking round 9 holes.

Thankfully it looks like that decision will be taken out of your hands tonight. 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness I've only managed to keep up due to my IT team being completely incompetent and locking me out of all my systems access. As a result the only thing I've been able to access is pie and bovril. Could be worse I suppose.

On the other hand, maybe they're dropping a hint. 

Naw, they're trolling us. 

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You NEED to open the toilet door to do a shite. You do not NEED to go out and pick up the bunker rake while you're hacking round 9 holes.

Thankfully it looks like that decision will be taken out of your hands tonight. 

Calm the fcuk down. If I went to the lavvies in Tesco while buying essentials, by doing that, as you say, I’d be touching handles, doors, taps, toilet roll, the door locks, the hand driers. If others were in the lavvy or corridor leading to it, I’d be very close to them.

Today I was close to no-one. Causing no problems. Certainly touched no bunker rakes, my iron play was fcuking exceptional, and my aim true, so you retract your hurtful slur right now, and we’ll say no more.

Aye, I’m sure the statement tonight will be designed to teach me, and scum like me, a lesson. Now, I’m off for a custard cream.

Tonight’s statement may be a ramp up, a ramp up that affects us all, and I will comply, as much as I possibly can - as I have been, by listening to the advice from the Prime Minister and others that we all needed limited outdoor activity for our physical and mental wellbeing, but to social distance, heed the advice about cleanliness etc, and not to gather in numbers. I have done this. You don’t like it, that’s your right, no need for the haughty attitude though. I’m not telling you what the fcuk to do.

Edited by pozbaird

Golf is a tricky one. I understand local courses staying open. However St Andrew's links I do not think should be carrying on as normal.

Particularly as they are encouraging tourists.

Sort of surprised in amongst this shutdown that we are still accepting flights from any country that still wants to fly people/tourists etc to the uk.