Coronavirus (COVID-19)

58 minutes ago, Adders said:

I do hope you have more teeth than brain cells, Common Sense tells me it's probably about even., which also gives me the impression you probably don't change or sanitize after your hourly jog, n for the whole hour ur exercising your aware of contact you've made?? Call it paranoia call it what you want but  we don't know the facts all we can do  is minimise the risks, oh n we can use common sense to decide whether or not its safe to brush our teeth! 

Yay, common sense. 

18 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Yeah and will do so until you point me to doing something in the guidelines that precludes it.
Oh and Granny Brexit?  Poor try Gaz Cuntface.

I've been shopping 3 times in the last week and all 3 stores are insisting on only 1 person per household in the shop. Tesco were enforcing it to the letter on Saturday and making people wait outside or in their car while their partner did the shopping.

Yeah only one of us goes in.  We were doing that prior to the shops enforcing it.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah only one of us goes in.  We were doing that prior to the shops enforcing it.

If one of you are going along for a nice wee drive / sit in the car then that person isn't 'minimising time spent outside of the home'. There is no need for two people to go shopping when one person is capable of doing it. But you know this.

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Both our local ASDA and Tesco are still allowing couples in. It's also astonishing how many grown adults cannot follow a massive arrow on a floor and have no concept of how far 2 metres is.

Folk not following the one way system in Asda and Tesco has wound me up no end.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If one of you are going along for a nice wee drive / sit in the car then that person isn't 'minimising time spent outside of the home'. There is no need for two people to go shopping when one person is capable of doing it. But you know this.

I don't drive and my wife has asthma.  She drives, I shop.

1 minute ago, The Naitch said:

Folk not following the one way system in Asda and Tesco has wound me up no end.

I was in ASDA last week waiting while a guy a couple of metres in front of me was picking something from the shelf and some daft wee lassie sauntered past me about 30cm away from me and made a snidey comment about how I was just standing in the aisle. When I pointed out that I was waiting on the guy in front to make sure there was a gap she gave me another dirty look and then brushed past the other guy. Some folk just don't give a f**k.

1 minute ago, The DA said:

Then that's absolutely fine. It's clearly something that one of you wouldn't manage on your own.

When two fit and healthy people are doing it, though, that's needless. It's certainly not minimising time spent out the house.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

^^^MURDERERS!

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Personally for me it’s  a struggle to stay indoors and look at four walls. I had a bereavement in Feb and not being able to go out of town to get things or just for a change of scenery gets me down. Getting out for the one allowed exercise a day keeps me sane and helps to clear my head a little (I have depression). There’s no comparison between exercising indoors and getting out in the fresh air and seeing nature

With all due respect we're not talking about a choice between what's better than the other i don't mean to sound disrespectful, but i think training at a gym is better than at home and outside, i could even try n argue that the gym kept me sane, as a release, but we're not applying logic to be honest are we, while it did improve my mood hell of a lot overall it did not keep me sane, nor will it keep anyone sane, it helps massively don't get me wrong but exercising high intensity setting your mind to the task, then cooling down by your back door or window will release the endorphins in the brain giving you a lift n give you a bit of fresh air, not ideal n definitely not my first choice, but we're not really in a position of choice are we. 

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Then that's absolutely fine. It's clearly something that one of you wouldn't manage on your own.

When two fit and healthy people are doing it, though, that's needless. It's certainly not minimising time spent out the house.

What's the difference between staying in the car and staying in the house, as far as cutting down transmission goes?

Just now, welshbairn said:

What's the difference between staying in the car and staying in the house, as far as cutting down transmission goes?

Suppose it depends on the situation. If you live in a house with a driveway then you’re not actually touching anything extra, but in the case of someone living in a flat then it’s an extra person touching the communal doors, handrails etc that are being shared between multiple people.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Suppose it depends on the situation. If you live in a house with a driveway then you’re not actually touching anything extra, but in the case of someone living in a flat then it’s an extra person touching the communal doors, handrails etc that are being shared between multiple people.

Our neighbours are taking it in turn to clean the close doors, handrails and stuff. Which is nice of them. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We went over this two or three weeks ago, so I'm loathe to repeat myself, but there's extra risk in the event of a breakdown / accident, for one example.

Besides which, it's clearly not minimising time spent outside of the home if one person goes along for a recreational drive.

Both our local ASDA and Tesco are still allowing couples in. It's also astonishing how many grown adults cannot follow a massive arrow on a floor and have no concept of how far 2 metres is.
Biggest offenders in our local Tesco are their own staff picking the home delivery orders.