Coronavirus (COVID-19)

41 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We are a consumer economy.  The biggest short-to-medium threat to the economy is people reluctant to spend money.  The results of that survey suggest this is a very real possibility in the U.K.  A recession can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Maybe if our response had been as effective as Germany’s then things wouldn’t be so bad.

Two things:

1) Germany is in recession. South Korea is in recession too.

2) Keeping everything open and letting the virus spike would have had a pretty dramatic effect on consumption too.

The Governor of the BOE thinks lifting restrictions too soon and then reintroducing  lockdown measures would be worse than keeping current restrictions in place. That's a view supported by economists across the spectrum.

2 hours ago, trainspotter said:

Was supposed to conclude the sale of my late father's house two weeks ago. On hold but the intention is to conclude within 10 days of the end of lockdown.

What that means in real terms is anyone's guess.

I'm hoping that council offices, housing association offices are going to be open as part of the first lockdown restrictions being lifted.  I reckon enough 6 weeks at least  very frustrating.  

37 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Have you looked on Twitter? The procurement officials for the NHS are to blame not oor Boris.

Maybe I am living in hope that the tide will slowly turn in favour of the government being held to account

58 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Is flour still not available?

I'd have thought it would be sorted out by now, much like the toilet rolls.

Flour is ok, but i've not seen caster sugar or baking powder since March

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
They always do? More slots should be opening up as of next week ( some stores this week)

Customers are being encouraged to follow the one way system with the arrows on the floor, the staff doing the picking couldn't give two shits. Every aisle I went down this morning there was invariably a Tesco staff member going against the flow.

The ones who were the worse at keeping 2 metres apart were the staff carrying the signs that say "keep 2 metres apart".

Despite having no interest in clapping for anyone outside my door like a performing seal at a prescribed time, when I was out for a run today, an ambulance passed me with the blues on. I gave them a wee clap, and the guy in the passenger seat gave me a thumbs up. It gave me an enormous sense of wellbeing.

8 hours ago, HooseLee said:

Will moving house be included in the things you are allowed to do when they lift some of the lockdown restrictions?  Is there any chance of this happening in the next two months.  Was supposed to move the week the lockdown begun but stuck with two psycho neighbours.  Hence the camera doorbell.  Anyone else supposed to be moving house? 

@Alert Mongoose

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Despite having no interest in clapping for anyone outside my door like a performing seal at a prescribed time, when I was out for a run today, an ambulance passed me with the blues on. I gave them a wee clap, and the guy in the passenger seat gave me a thumbs up. It gave me an enormous sense of wellbeing.

PARK LIFE

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

He'll be along to tell you the joys of moving house just as a pandemic kicks in. 

Its brutal. I've got two psycho female neighbours.  One thinks she is a pagan witch and the other has six cats and believes the others ones shite...  the other day the witch one was lighting those hippy Joss sticks, putting them in a tattie in her garden and telling cat woman the the ones she was lighting gave her different powers.  I'm watching the news religiously... to see when this lockdown is lifted.   

The UK can stick their Captain Tom up their arses.

Thailand man 72, does it better.

Taxi driver with no customers, went to a courier firm who were taking on temps.  Thai PBS (a TV channel) were there and interviewed him.  He showed the camera his wallet with ฿200, that was it, nothing else in the world.  It went viral on social media when a "superstar" highlighted. Guy went his bank and  ฿8.3 million is in his bank account from donations.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/social-and-lifestyle/1907580/taxi-drivers-wealth-irks-ta-gets-daddy-itch-sex-pics-row#cxrecs_s 

11 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Why does this keep happening

People are either f******* stupid trying to use "big" words that they don't understand the meaning of, or it's auto correct.

The jury is still out, imho.