Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Social distancing in pubs will mean you have to call the pub to book a table, you will then be given a time slot just like in restaurants.

No it won't. We had social distancing in pubs here before they were forced to close. No reservations necessary.

I wonder how the Broons have coped with lockdown. Perhaps Horace went psycho and murdered them all because he couldn't get his sums done in peace

Grandpaw will be doing all right though, no family to stop him having fights, riding on motorbikes etc 

Just now, tamthebam said:

I wonder how the Broons have coped with lockdown. Perhaps Horace went psycho and murdered them all because he couldn't get his sums done in peace

Grandpaw will be doing all right though, no family to stop him having fights, riding on motorbikes etc 

mcbroons.jpg

I received the Scottish Government letter through the door earlier (Wed). Has mine been lost in the post or are they really taking that long to arrive? I thought the Boris letter was a waste of time and money, but this one 6 weeks or so after lockdown began really is taking the piss of telling your granny how to sook eggs.

Had a blether with my cousin a wee while ago, she is working nightshift on the Caledonian Sleeper. Serco have reduced the number of trains running, with the service leaving from Glasgow, then going to Edinburgh via Motherwell and Carstairs, the crew then switch with the northbound service from London at Lockerbie.

The southbound service tonight has 1 passenger, the northbound has 5. They have been standard numbers for the last month or so, with double figures only reached a few times. Putting staff at risk for no reason imo, they would be losing less money by putting the staff on furlough.

I've been voting for the snp and the greens since 2003, and I've signed up for the common weal volunteer thing they're launching. Calm yourself doon.

The issue of Scottish independence remains in the balance as sturgeon (rightly) won't gamble on a second referendum until she's pretty confident of winning. In that respect the issue is on the backburner until the polls in favour shift, and i fear there are plenty of died in the wool unionists so it'll take time.

Consequently, we have a Westminster tory government that i would like to see the back of. The new Labour leader is yet to fully commit to anything to avoid looking like he's taking advantage of a national crisis. But they have to go hard on this issue at some point - and surely to f**k the English public will listen (once the dust settles on the 'let's pull together British spirit').

She also has to wait until Eck has tried to strong arm his way back up the pecking order.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Had a blether with my cousin a wee while ago, she is working nightshift on the Caledonian Sleeper. Serco have reduced the number of trains running, with the service leaving from Glasgow, then going to Edinburgh via Motherwell and Carstairs, the crew then switch with the northbound service from London at Lockerbie.

The southbound service tonight has 1 passenger, the northbound has 5. They have been standard numbers for the last month or so, with double figures only reached a few times. Putting staff at risk for no reason imo, they would be losing less money by putting the staff on furlough.

Good news for them though with a record low of only six complaints in a day.  KPIs sorted for a while.

Good news for them though with a record low of only six complaints in a day.  KPIs sorted for a while.
I've never really understood why anyone would choose the sleeper with the new pricing structure, even more so now. No lounge access or any bar service on the train, passengers are sent straight to their cabin. Serco made a big song and dance about the new cooked breakfasts, which the staff were playing chap door runaway with up til a couple of weeks ago, they would just dump the breakfast tray on the floor, knock the cabin door, then make a hasty retreat. They have stopped that now and replaced it with a breakfast bag, containing a carton of juice, a yoghurt and a croissant.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Putting staff at risk for no reason imo, they would be losing less money by putting the staff on furlough.

How often do they run?

Might be similar thing to ghost trains or those stupid flights some air operators take out of season which they have to do in order to keep the line open / their take off slots etc.

Maybe if they ran no services they would lose their licence to operate.

How often do they run?
Might be similar thing to ghost trains or those stupid flights some air operators take out of season which they have to do in order to keep the line open / their take off slots etc.
Maybe if they ran no services they would lose their licence to operate.
Every night except Saturday.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

It would be a right pain in the arse trying to dodge the ticket inspector on that train.

1 minute ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm doing it right now why weeping proud British tears as a couple of rusty WWII planes fly past for Captain Tom's birthday.

Disappointed they never sprayed his house.